Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re making my point for me. The GM version of the same truck if GM combined the names would outsell the F150. I’m just putting that out there that “best selling” is a marketing strategy.
agreed, GMC and Chevy basically the same thing, save a couple cosmetic changes. Just like Ford and Mercury were and why Ford shit canned Mercury.
Sponsored

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re looking at this wearing a Rift or Oculus or Vision Pro’s because that sure isn’t reality. The Bronco Sport was absolutely going to be the next Bronco. Just like how GM brought back the Blazer. Just because something was said 20 Years ago does not mean the planning was in motion for it for that long. Especially at Ford.
at least I am in some sort of reality. I guess you missed the 2004 Bronco concept that is fairly similar to today’s G6. In no way was the Sport ever going to be the new Bronco.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
at least I am in some sort of reality. I guess you missed the 2004 Bronco concept that is fairly similar to today’s G6. In no way was the Sport ever going to be the new Bronco.
I think everyone saw it. There is nothing that indicates Ford was actively and actually pursing the G6 we got as the new Bronco. In fact everything points the other way. The Sport was going to be the new Bronco but thankfully someone at Ford reversed course and we got the G6 as well.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No body style changes - that would suck
hopefully colors (Anti Matter Blue)
upgrades on the interior, materials used.
grab handles that don't wobble.
Colored roof (at the very least a gloss black) , and better quality
The cluster, the raptor style is already created, just modify a bit.
Allow the infotainment to make some changes without forscan.

And by all means stop raising the price every year - it's insane already.

Edit:
oh and why on Earth would they make a 2 wheel drive? That would be a total loss for Ford.

Last edited:

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think everyone saw it. There is nothing that indicates Ford was actively and actually pursing the G6 we got as the new Bronco. In fact everything points the other way. The Sport was going to be the new Bronco but thankfully someone at Ford reversed course and we got the G6 as well.
Give it up man. I knew an engineer at Ford that was actively working on the G6 in 2016. He said it was definitely going to have a removable top. That’s about all I could get out of him and all I needed to know.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Give it up man. I knew an engineer at Ford that was actively working on the G6 in 2016. He said it was definitely going to have a removable top. That’s about all I could get out of him and all I needed to know.
No you don’t.

The Sport was going to be the next only Bronco. Thankfully Ford thought better of it along the way. This is still free country. You’re allowed to be wrong. Just be grateful we have the G6, even with it warts. I know I am very happy I have mine, even with the stupid cheap choices Ford made for parts of it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely the other way around. The Bronco Sport was 100% going to be the next Bronco. Ford made a very late game decision to make the G6 we see today. I’m very glad they did but the quality and engineering in the Sport are a loooooning way ahead of the G6 Bronco. Ford knocked it out of the park with the exterior design but the cheap and not well thought out interior and weirdness of certain parts of the driveline show it was a quick to market decision.
Can you link your source so I can educate myself further? Behind the scenes decisions such as these fascinate me and it's reminiscent of the Probe almost becoming the next gen Mustang.

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No you don’t.

The Sport was going to be the next only Bronco. Thankfully Ford thought better of it along the way. This is still free country. You’re allowed to be wrong. Just be grateful we have the G6, even with it warts. I know I am very happy I have mine, even with the stupid cheap choices Ford made for parts of it.
oh, I am sorry, I was wrong…it was 2015. We discussed as we were tailgating in Blacksburg getting ready for the OSU game. But you are right, I don’t know any engineers and the G6 was totally last minute idea. Nothing to do with this concept.

PS We would have beaten them for the second year in a row if they hadn’t knocked out QB out!

Ford Bronco 2025 Bronco Refresh design?? IMG_9263

Last edited:

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For the arguments about the product development of the new Bronco, check out the Bring back Bronco Podcast-it’s been a 20 plus year effort to bring it back with several setbacks and they cover from its death in 1996 to launch of the Bronco in 2020/21

As for the Bronco Sport, it was known as the Gen X/Z SUV internally prior to the Bronco getting announced back in 2017.

While the Escape and the Bronco sport share the same platform, the BS is shorter and has a more advanced AWD system then the Escape does.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Edit:
oh and why on Earth would they make a 2 wheel drive? That would be a total loss for Ford.
A 2 wheel drive variant would be a boon to the desert runner crowd...think patrolling the southern border with a lifted, huge suspension pre-runner type vehicle with room for a proper V8.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the arguments about the product development of the new Bronco, check out the Bring back Bronco Podcast-it’s been a 20 plus year effort to bring it back with several setbacks and they cover from its death in 1996 to launch of the Bronco in 2020/21

As for the Bronco Sport, it was known as the Gen X/Z SUV internally prior to the Bronco getting announced back in 2017.

While the Escape and the Bronco sport share the same platform, the BS is shorter and has a more advanced AWD system then the Escape does.
Yeah, the Bronco was in development hell for a long time, it got shitcanned a couple of times between the Ranger-Firestone controversy and Ford not wanting to step on the toes of their Land Rover acquisition, but you can see from all the prototypes and concepts they built that the plan was always for it to be a BOF convertible.

Ford Bronco 2025 Bronco Refresh design?? U260_1-scaled-e1622142042790

The Bronco Sport and Mach-E were Farley's doing, who wanted to exploit the brand prestige of the Mustang and the Bronco to try and diversify their crossover lineup and sell them for a higher premium. I believe the Bronco Sport was simply going to be the new Explorer before they separated them into two models.

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully a refresh entails of a new software update for Carplay, as that has to easily be the worst part of my Bronco. 50/50 chance of it actually working upon vehicle start, and 25% of the time it works it takes a minute or two to connect. Other times it simply will not connect and I will have to restart the vehicle (as turning my phone off/on does nothing).

However, this is my first time w/ Carplay in a vehicle and wonder if it's on Ford's end or Apple's end. If it's Apple's end, we're definitely SOL.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe the Bronco Sport was simply going to be the new Explorer before they separated them into two models.
Um the Explorer (not to mention vastly larger then the BS) has been its own thing for over 20 years now...and the Escape is aimed at a more car like experience vs the Bronco Sport. That is the difference between the two of them.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Um the Explorer (not to mention vastly larger then the BS) has been its own thing for over 20 years now...and the Escape is aimed at a more car like experience vs the Bronco Sport. That is the difference between the two of them.
I meant the Escape, got mixed up. The Escape was historically more off-road oriented in its first and second generations, I believe the plan was for it to return there and slot under the Bronco as an entry-level model before the decision was made to separate that as a spinoff of the Bronco. Keeping the Escape as its own car-like crossover meant there was too much overlap with the Edge, which was subsequently axed.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Keeping the Escape as its own car-like crossover meant there was too much overlap with the Edge, which was subsequently axed.
The Edge was killed off for other reasons, primarily retool the plant for a 3 row EV.

And the Escape has always been a pretend off roader...my wife and family had a few and they never left the pavement
Sponsored