First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am currently looking at two different 270' Awnings to mount on my JCR roof Rack. The OVS Nomadic 270 and the Overland Pros Wraptor 6K.

Does anybody have these on their Broncos? Both of these Awnings have high ratings. Any plus and minuses on these? Any others to recommend?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BUSH and Freespirit are great options.

FSR releasing new one soon

Last edited:

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the OVS Nomadic on my trailer.

At $899 it was the best value for the money that met my needs, meaning that one person could set it up, the awning can handle being opened fully without having to set up the legs (while you are trying to open the awning), but you do have to use the legs, it's only self-supporting during setup and breakdown. It does do that with no problem, it's nicely made and I like it better than the Rhino Rack Batwing that I got one use out of before it broke. It also provides more coverage than the other ones I own (Alu-cab, RoofNest Litewing and Guana 270) because it has the bar that goes forward, which I needed for my trailer to cover the kitchen area. You can also get walls for this one. I do recommend it for the price as all the other ones I would recommend are almost twice the price of this one.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious if anyone has tried 23zero. I have their walkabout 62 tent and love it so far. I’ve been looking at their 270° awning as well.

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the OVS Nomadic on my trailer.

At $899 it was the best value for the money that met my needs, meaning that one person could set it up, the awning can handle being opened fully without having to set up the legs (while you are trying to open the awning), but you do have to use the legs, it's only self-supporting during setup and breakdown. It does do that with no problem, it's nicely made and I like it better than the Rhino Rack Batwing that I got one use out of before it broke. It also provides more coverage than the other ones I own (Alu-cab, RoofNest Litewing and Guana 270) because it has the bar that goes forward, which I needed for my trailer to cover the kitchen area. You can also get walls for this one. I do recommend it for the price as all the other ones I would recommend are almost twice the price of this one.

Thank you for your response. This is why the OVS Nomadic 270 made my list. Features, Size, Quality, Ease of Use and price.

Is the price really the only difference from the Nomadic 270 and the Raptor 6K?

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your response. This is why the OVS Nomadic 270 made my list. Features, Size, Quality, Ease of Use and price.

Is the price really the only difference from the Nomadic 270 and the Raptor 6K?
You’re welcome. I can’t really say much about the Wraptor 6k, you’re posting was the first I’ve heard about so I looked it up. The biggest differences I saw is the Wraptor has a canvas awning (however they later say it’s a cotton/poly rip stop canvas, same as the OVS) an extra forward bar, and they say it’s totally free standing. Which to me says it’s stouter than the OVS. I also think their wall kit is reasonably priced and interesting and good that they sell spare parts online. Since overland pros is having a sale right now, I think it’s a better deal at 150 more. It’s also 10 pounds lighter which will make a difference with the broncos low payload. The only major plus to the OVS is their 4 year warranty and they appear to be a stronger company and even Ford is selling some of their stuff (not awnings) as accessories.

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re welcome. I can’t really say much about the Wraptor 6k, you’re posting was the first I’ve heard about so I looked it up. The biggest differences I saw is the Wraptor has a canvas awning (however they later say it’s a cotton/poly rip stop canvas, same as the OVS) an extra forward bar, and they say it’s totally free standing. Which to me says it’s stouter than the OVS. I also think their wall kit is reasonably priced and interesting and good that they sell spare parts online. Since overland pros is having a sale right now, I think it’s a better deal at 150 more. It’s also 10 pounds lighter which will make a difference with the broncos low payload. The only major plus to the OVS is their 4 year warranty and they appear to be a stronger company and even Ford is selling some of their stuff (not awnings) as accessories.
I did notice some of those differences as well. Lighter and possibly more sturdy?

The sale on the Wraptor 6K helps as well.

Last edited:

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did notice some of those differences as well. Lighter and possibly more sturdy?

The sale on the Raptor 6K helps as well.
It's quite possible, my Roofnest Litewing weighs 30lbs and uses carbon fibre arms and I'm betting it's stronger than my previously owned Alu-Cab Shadow Awn. It really all has to do with engineering and without seeing one in person I can't make that claim, but it is impressive that they claim it's fully freestanding (except for strong winds), where OVS says only free standing if there is no breeze. With the Wraptor even having an extra arm and being 10lbs lighter I lean to it's better engineered and from the pics it doesn't appear that they are using plastic pieces like the Rhino Rack Batwing.

If it was my money and I was buying today, I would probably go with the Wraptor. However if you have anxiety about all the variables I can say that the OVS is a good deal (right now, it's $50 cheaper than what I paid in 2020) and a really good value for the money.

My suggestions is call Overland Pros tell them you are comparing it to the OVS and see what they have to say, I would bring up OVS' 4 year warranty. I think that experience would help in your decision.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're rocking a Rhino-Rack Batwing on our F150 right now. It's a pretty good awning. Light weight, easy to fold out. The support rods are not as beefy as some other awnings out there, but it's also a LOT lighter and a LOT easier to setup. That's why we went with it

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/truck-accessories/racks-storage-systems/awnings/

For example, on a Sheep:

Ford Bronco 270 Awning - Which one to buy? 1675781074867

Ford Bronco 270 Awning - Which one to buy? 1675781080738

On our F150
Ford Bronco 270 Awning - Which one to buy? 1675781113213

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tough choice between the two, but I ended up getting the Overland Pros Wraptor 6K. It was on sale as well.

I'll post pictures and review when I have it installed.

Thanks

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tough choice between the two, but I ended up getting the Overland Pros Wraptor 6K. It was on sale as well.

I'll post pictures and review when I have it installed.

Thanks
Please post pics and impressions once you get it. I’ve had my eye on this one for several months. That sale price has been listed since I've been looking.

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love the Roofnest lite awning or ikamper awning but price wise I’m looking at the non lite version of the Roofnest 270 awning. I don’t want to have to use poles for it and this one doesn’t require it unless the weather is bad and it is also on sale for $470.

Another thing I I can do is get the Napa 8 foot awning for $130 and get an ARB room in the future.

The reason I like the awning though is just for ease of use so by the time we’re adding a room to it it’s not as quick, which isn’t a big deal, but between the two I feel like the wing is better. Covers more area and easier to setup.

Having an enclosure is nice for bad weather, but if I was going to have that, I’d rather have an annex so it would protect me on the way up and down from my rooftop tent that I want to buy in the future

yoimdre

Badlands
First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am currently looking at two different 270' Awnings to mount on my JCR roof Rack. The OVS Nomadic 270 and the Overland Pros Wraptor 6K.

Does anybody have these on their Broncos? Both of these Awnings have high ratings. Any plus and minuses on these? Any others to recommend?

Thanks
Hi i was wondering what you ended up going with? I was looking into the OVS and 23zero. price point on the OVS is great but it has 20lbs more then the 23zero. Or anyone can chime in if they have a similar set up

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ac6ea22616f1e202f3f7c322b707c66%2Fa%2Fl%2Falan1970.jpg

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/270-degree-awning-99047

I believe these have been out since about October of 2023. As with most of the Rough Country stuff it's a screaming deal compared to similar stuff. At 52 lbs it's pretty reasonable on the weight.

At the price you just can't compare. $350 shipped...

smelly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Black Diamond 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any 2-door owners with a 270 awning care to share their experiences and roof rack setup? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored