Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone using an awning for their 2 door bronco? Would love to see some pics! There's so many options out there. The main thing that I'm looking for is that it's light weight, and that it can support itself without legs as long as the weather isn't too crazy.
Sponsored

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Freespirit rec RTT and am looking at their 270. If the quality is anything like the tent Iā€™ll be extremely happy. No legs and only 37 lbs if I remember correctly. Check it out if you havenā€™t already.

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Freespirit rec RTT and am looking at their 270. If the quality is anything like the tent Iā€™ll be extremely happy. No legs and only 37 lbs if I remember correctly. Check it out if you havenā€™t already.
This is a great looking awning and very light weight. Not sure it will fit on the 2 door bronco though. WIll have to look up the dimensions of the roof. 96 inches may be too big.

smelly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Black Diamond 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ironman 4x4 had their 270 recently on sale for something like 50% off.

https://ironman4x4america.com/camping/awnings-rooms/deltawing-270-awnings/

Looks like the discount may still be available.

If you're budget conscious the Rough Country unit is also not terribly expensive.

I don't know how either of these are with the 2 door.

Regardless you'll need a rack.
Yes I have a trailrax trmr rack. Will check these out. Just want to make sure thereā€™s not a ton of overhang. Will look odd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up getting the OVS 270 LT version. Currently on sale until March 31st + found a coupon code online + free shipping. Only ran me $500. 83 inches long, so there might be a tiny bit of overhang. Under 40 pounds as well.

Will post some pictures once everything comes in.

The shop I had install my TRMR rack when it first came in ended up stripping the front roof mounting studs on the Bronco. Have an appointment with Ford on Tuesday morning to see what they can do to fix it.

rufio

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up getting the OVS 270 LT version. Currently on sale until March 31st + found a coupon code online + free shipping. Only ran me $500. 83 inches long, so there might be a tiny bit of overhang. Under 40 pounds as well.

Will post some pictures once everything comes in.

The shop I had install my TRMR rack when it first came in ended up stripping the front roof mounting studs on the Bronco. Have an appointment with Ford on Tuesday morning to see what they can do to fix it.
Any pics?

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any update on whether Ford was able to fix the mounting studs? I take the roof rack on and off just about every week and Iā€™ve always been curious if itā€™s even possible to repair the mounting studs that will surely rust at some point (the nuts are already showing signs).

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update on whether Ford was able to fix the mounting studs? I take the roof rack on and off just about every week and Iā€™ve always been curious if itā€™s even possible to repair the mounting studs that will surely rust at some point (the nuts are already showing signs).
The part is out of stock. Dealership has not returned my call for 2 weeks to let me know. Had to call a different dealership to find out. Will no longer be taking my Bronco to the original dealership.

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To follow up, I was also able to fix my stripped studs with a die.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone using an awning for their 2 door bronco? Would love to see some pics! There's so many options out there. The main thing that I'm looking for is that it's light weight, and that it can support itself without legs as long as the weather isn't too crazy.
I ordered the OVS 270 LTE to mount on my TrailRax. No pics yet, but I got it through my local overland shop who has done this setup before on 2 doors.

OP
OP
ElDuderino

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the OVS 270 LTE to mount on my TrailRax. No pics yet, but I got it through my local overland shop who has done this setup before on 2 doors.
Only thing I know is the 90 degree brackets from trailrax need to be drilled to have a wider opening to accommodate for the OVS hardware.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only thing I know is the 90 degree brackets from trailrax need to be drilled to have a wider opening to accommodate for the OVS hardware.
I went with the low profile ones. I think they should work. I'm ok with drilling.
Sponsored