brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Mobridge amp/dsp combo is everything I want, but it won’t fit the 2dr. Is there a dsp/amp with similar specs that will fit and is nearly as plug-n-play?

plans are to upgrade the dsp/amp and subwoofer first and then consider replacing other speakers.
Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
brkdncr

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah I suspect I will need an a2b bridge too for most of these options. I think Mobridge has one also.

I’m really frustrated with this.
I assumed you were talking about the Mobridge A2B Amp/DSP. If I'm not mistaken, both that and the Nav-TV I linked are A2B interfaces included in an amp w/ DSP... basically an all in one package.

I'd also love to find more options for us 2 door Lux people to get more out of the audio system after changing speakers & upgrading the sub.

Here's another interface I just found w/o an integrated amp.

OP
OP
brkdncr

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I assumed you were talking about the Mobridge A2B Amp/DSP. If I'm not mistaken, both that and the Nav-TV I linked are A2B interfaces included in an amp w/ DSP... basically an all in one package.

I'd also love to find more options for us 2 door Lux people to get more out of the audio system after changing speakers & upgrading the sub.

Here's another interface I just found w/o an integrated amp.
The navtv looks like it’s only a dsp. No amp specs are listed and the instructions call for a separate amp.

sadly I’ve come across these all already. I was hoping someone else had already tackled this and found a solution nearly as easy as the Mobridge.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The navtv looks like it’s only a dsp. No amp specs are listed and the instructions call for a separate amp.

sadly I’ve come across these all already. I was hoping someone else had already tackled this and found a solution nearly as easy as the Mobridge.
Good call! I'll watch this thread and see if anyone comes up with anything.

How far off of fitting in the B&O location is the Mobridge unit (in 2 doors)?

misterspivey

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So it will fit in a 2 door if you use a tailgate mounted subwoofer and a mti accoustics amp mount board.

Given you won't use our amp mount plate we can remove that from the cost of the kit.

Shoot me a pm for more information.

We are the only intergrated A2B Amplifier on the market, so if we don't fit in that spot on the 2 door nothing will!

Sponsored
OP
OP
brkdncr

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m looking to keep as much usable interior space as possible. I may need to use high level inputs and a smaller amp, or figure out how to relocate an amp or dsp and run wiring to accommodate.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking to keep as much usable interior space as possible. I may need to use high level inputs and a smaller amp, or figure out how to relocate an amp or dsp and run wiring to accommodate.
I think the best option for me would be the additional modification of the factory sub box as outlined in that thread @misterspivey linked. I already had to modify it to fit the Kicker 43CWRT81 in there--what's a little more dremeling?

Second best option would be to use the MTI mount w/ the Mobridge amp and replace the factory sub enclosure with 1 or 2 small downfiring enclosures and put them in the rear seat footwells. I already have the rear seat replaced with a DIY platform, so space only gets used to store small items when I fill up the back with cargo.

I suppose option 2B would be to put the the amp in a custom enclosure in the footwell and keep my current sub setup.

If none of those work for you, could you affix the amp to a cargo area molle panel? The one that mounds low (just inboard of the interior trim panel) would intrude into your cargo space a bit, but you could get one that mounts inboard of the glass if you don't plan on removing the top regularly..

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We have actually had a dealer install our amp in a 2 door and mount it in the inner fender area on a small L shape bracket they made. Could be an option too if you have the equipment.

misterspivey

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have actually had a dealer install our amp in a 2 door and mount it in the inner fender area on a small L shape bracket they made. Could be an option too if you have the equipment.
That's great!
So the dealer was able to install the mObridge amp in the same general area as the factory amp and there is still room for the factory sub? Sounds like a win to me. Can mObridge copy the L brackets and build an install kit for the 2 door bronco? If so, I'll buy the kit in a heartbeat.

I'm just not willing to give up precious 2-door cargo space for alternate sub installations. Plus I can't put a sub on the tailgate because I'm not willing to give up my tailgate talbe.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly the situation I'm in. Want the Mobridge in my 2D, but understand fitment is an issue.

Following!

That's great!
So the dealer was able to install the mObridge amp in the same general area as the factory amp and there is still room for the factory sub? Sounds like a win to me. Can mObridge copy the L brackets and build an install kit for the 2 door bronco? If so, I'll buy the kit in a heartbeat.

I'm just not willing to give up precious 2-door cargo space for alternate sub installations. Plus I can't put a sub on the tailgate because I'm not willing to give up my tailgate talbe.
Sponsored