First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought a vanilla OBX a few weeks ago thinking I could throw 35s on after yanking the crash bars and not get destroyed on by mileage. After educating myself on ratios, I kinda regret not going squatch. I don't mind a hit it mileage, but I also don't wanna get 11 mpg highway. A regear is off the table for now.

Can anyone with 3.73 and 35s chime in with your rough mpg? I have a 2.7, FWIW.

Cue the "you bought a bronco, who cares about mpgs?" crowd...
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
35s and the Sasquatch (different gearing I know) on a 4 door and I get 16ish.
Someone has a lead foot 🤣
4 door 2.7 Squatch I'm getting just over 18.
And if you look hard enough other's are saying 19-20.

But back to OP's question... I have no clue what it'd be, and someone around here will probably even do some math for you. Best I could give you is: somewhere between 15 & 20. 🤷‍♂️

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a base with 3.73 gears 2.3 auto

I get 16-17 mpg, honestly not too bad. Definitely lost some throttle but I am pretty happy with the end results. Tried to get a light setup to not stress the transmission too much. Think it worked out well so far.
You will need to remove the crash bars. If your looking to get to 35s I’d definitely recommend light tires or even the sas take off tires.
78EFC2F4-9A14-4323-9D8A-E717C5E4E8B7.jpeg

Purchased Toyo open country AT III
35x12.5xr17 load range C (weighs 59 pounds)
Icon rebound pros rims (29 pounds)

8C41C209-8CF7-49AB-B034-4466DF60A9F1.jpeg

OP
OP
IINCEPTIONII

IINCEPTIONII

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks excellent, @refade1 — thanks for sharing.

Keep 'em coming!

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks excellent, @refade1 — thanks for sharing.

Keep 'em coming!
Make sure everyone who gives you an answer has corrected their speedo. Not accurate if not.

My GF's 2-Door said it was averaging 16.3 before correcting the speedo. Corrected, it reads 17.6 avg. 35x12.50 on 17's but with the 4.27 axle ratio

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had and worked on 4 X 4's for year and years. I added larger tires most of the time and only went up a size or two with mild 2" lifts. It always affected the gas mileage. Most people I know that installed huge 33, 35, 37" tires with big lifts and did not change gearing got 11-12 MPG. Knowing this when the Bronco first came out and when I reserved one I got Sasquatch. It was a very long wait although it was Sasquatch or nothing. For once I did not have to shop lifts, wheels and tires, spend extra and take a gas mileage hit on top of that. Gearing is key with any size tire. My Sasquatch and I get over 22 MPG average- with 2.7. I drive with a light foot yes. For comparison I have a new VW GTI. Same light foot and I average maybe 30, if that. I feel my Sas is more fuel efficient for what it is.

OP
OP
IINCEPTIONII

IINCEPTIONII

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Make sure everyone who gives you an answer has corrected their speedo. Not accurate if not.

My GF's 2-Door said it was averaging 16.3 before correcting the speedo. Corrected, it reads 17.6 avg. 35x12.50 on 17's but with the 4.27 axle ratio
Good advice, and definitely part of my plan. Even with your different ratio, it's good to see that correcting it helps it go up and not down.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had and worked on 4 X 4's for year and years. I added larger tires most of the time and only went up a size or two with mild 2" lifts. It always affected the gas mileage. Most people I know that installed huge 33, 35, 37" tires with big lifts and did not change gearing got 11-12 MPG. Knowing this when the Bronco first came out and when I reserved one I got Sasquatch. It was a very long wait although it was Sasquatch or nothing. For once I did not have to shop lifts, wheels and tires, spend extra and take a gas mileage hit on top of that. Gearing is key with any size tire. My Sasquatch and I get over 22 MPG average- with 2.7. I drive with a light foot yes. For comparison I have a new VW GTI. Same light foot and I average maybe 30, if that. I feel my Sas is more fuel efficient for what it is.
I drive in Eco.... and a light foot... until the guy in front of me pisses me off and I go around him. And still topping out around 18.2. How the hell are you getting 22? Do you only drive on highways and downhill all the time? I must be missing something.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am running around on 37x12.5 17's Coopers TSS Pro, I have the Ford Tune. I have a Badlands and I have a Fabtech lift. So I did not have the SaS. I have the 4.46 gears. I also have recalibrated the speedo with the correct tire size. Also I drive in normal, never used Eco yet.

That said, I have been doing city driving and I am around 13 MPG.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
IINCEPTIONII

IINCEPTIONII

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am running around on 37x12.5 17's Coopers TSS Pro, I have the Ford Tune. I have a Badlands and I have a Fabtech lift. So I did not have the SaS. I have the 4.46 hears. I also have recalibrated the speedo with the correct tire size. Also I drive in normal, never used Eco yet.

That's one pricy tire! Can't believe it's a D load. Thanks for the info!

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the 2.3 with 4.46, aftermarket black rhino armory 17” with toyo open country rt 315/70/17 and get 17 mpg. Also have AFe charge pipes, K&N CIA and mishimoto intercooler

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am running around on 37x12.5 17's Coopers TSS Pro, I have the Ford Tune. I have a Badlands and I have a Fabtech lift. So I did not have the SaS. I have the 4.46 hears. I also have recalibrated the speedo with the correct tire size. Also I drive in normal, never used Eco yet.

I was going to upgrade to 37s when I wear mine out, but the hit in mpg is big.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive in Eco.... and a light foot... until the guy in front of me pisses me off and I go around him. And still topping out around 18.2. How the hell are you getting 22? Do you only drive on highways and downhill all the time? I must be missing something.
I dont even bother on eco mode. I do not get any improvement in MPG, just feels more sluggish. Normal mode or sport mode is better, especially on Highways.