Sponsored

4 year wait for Bronco orders?

Do you have/ are you receiving a 21' year Bronco?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think they planned on any special deal from Ford, at least not one based on price. It was more about the incentives Ford set up for them.

If I'm remembering it correctly (and I wish I could find one of the posts), the "discount dealer" reps on here have explained their thinking a few times, and you can see how it makes business sense. When they saw that the initial allocation of Broncos was going to depend on number of reservations, they saw this as an unusual opportunity to boost their volume well beyond what would normally be possible. Normally their allocations are based on things like previous sales or market size -- things dealerships can't change overnight. But if they could sell a crap ton of Broncos, then this volume would factor into future allocations of other Ford vehicles, allowing a one-time opportunity to spike growth at their dealership. So they came onto B6G, looking to be by far the most attractive dealer in their parts of the country, simply to goose volume.

As long as Ford's formula didn't change, this was win-win for the discount dealerships and the buyers. I don't think the dealers were expecting 1) the Bronco to only have a limited half-year run in 2021, and 2) the formula to eliminate reservations in 2022. Those things together blew up the deal.

So why did Ford change the formula? I was definitely exaggerating when I said that Ford "hates" Granger, but both Ford's mouthpieces and the big volume dealers have expressed deep annoyance with this strategy (a strategy which I don't think Ford foresaw). In addition to being a rather blatant gaming of the intended system and putting downward pressure on sales price across all dealerships, people were saying that the discount dealers were "cheapening" the revived Bronco brand.

I don't see this in terms of bad guys and good guys, but I think it's in Ford's best interest if customers don't come out of their reservation system feeling like they got screwed because of their choice of dealer.
Nice read. This is the best interpretation of the "Granger" saga IMO. That said they hold less than .1% of all the reservation holders, and many of them look to be later relative to say July 2020.
So why all the fuss? Most all of the reservation holders are already feeling like they got screwed. Not because of their choice of dealer since 99.9% reserved with other dealers. Ford cannot build what they don't have parts for and it's not like all the Granger reservations were the first ones.
I think everyone is in the same kinda boat. One with holes in it.
Sponsored