Sponsored

4 year wait for Bronco orders?

Do you have/ are you receiving a 21' year Bronco?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Four years? Probably not. Toyota's '23 redesign of the 4Runner will attract a lot of interest as the new hot 4x4. I think most of the Bronco craziness will go away by the end of next year.
if Toyota would make a removable top manual transmission 4Runner, FJ Cruiser or Landcrusier again, many of us wouldn’t be on B6g.
Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately for you & I & everyone else with Granger, its looking increasingly likely Ford will dissolve the reservation system, & current orders just unceremoniously cancelled as well - in a final move to force us all to just pay outrageous markup at their pet cheater-dealers --- IF we really want a Bronco. They are supporting these dealers actions at the same time they spit in our faces & renege on all their promises to fill reservations first.
If that happens,, I'll simply stick with the Jeep that I plan to order from them in January. No one is forcing me to buy a Bronco. If I'm still waiting in 2 years simply due to allocations, then I'm sure there will be other options to consider.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unfortunately for you & I & everyone else with Granger, its looking increasingly likely Ford will dissolve the reservation system, & current orders just unceremoniously cancelled as well - in a final move to force us all to just pay outrageous markup at their pet cheater-dealers --- IF we really want a Bronco. They are supporting these dealers actions at the same time they spit in our faces & renege on all their promises to fill reservations first.
Reading thru this just gets we wound up. Like all the discount dealer customers who are being screwed, no clue when our order will be pulled. Tired of reading about "I ordered last week, got a build date today for my 2dr Badlands".
I'm waiting for now but if Ford dissolves the reservations I will be gone.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

if Toyota would make a removable top manual transmission 4Runner, FJ Cruiser or Landcrusier again, many of us wouldn’t be on B6g.
^^^ This. Moving on to a competitor would provide me with a quiet pleasure. Unfortunately a Jeep would not.

Liberaldemon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those articles are from October which seems recent but the fact is that a lot is changing quickly. The chip shortage will be ending soon, Ford has struck an arrangement with a company that should ease some problems, and there is a change over to build '22s which would likely streamline some processes (hence some changes made to 2022 builds). Reports that production have increased are promising and I am seeing Bronco's in the wild and sparingly at dealers. It will continue to ramp up.

Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why does everyone keep telling all the 2dr people to switch to a 4dr soft top? They are completely different as far as I’m concerned. If the 2dr people wanted a 4dr wouldn’t they have already changed? I ,with a lot of others have zero interest in a 4dr Bronco . If that’s all they can/will build,count me out

CM53119

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Mustang GT Vert, '19 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This definitely makes me nervous. Original order 6/21. Had to migrate to a 22 MY, order finalized on 10/21. 4 DR BL, MIC, 7 Speed, high pkg. Dealer i go to is smaller size wise but seems to sell tons of cars for their amount of employees. I really hope mine isnt 2-3 years at this point...

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't disagree. I think it goes further: Toyota (and other car makers) have been neglecting this market for many years. The Land Cruiser and Sequoia are rounded and bloated. The 4Runner has been the same for 10 years. I would love to see them develop an FJ on the TNGA platform.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
3-6 months, yes you’re right. If you want a small/skinny wheeled 4dr. with a crumpled/ saggy top that has a 4 banger pushing
4500 pounds down the highway that isn’t pulling anything…
Says the man with the very large penis...

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone tell Nissan to bring an off road Xterra back? 😩 as long as they do it from the ground up at least - part of the reason I got hit with Bronco fever so hard is because they're the best looking SUV from a purely design/aesthetic perspective IMO. I hate the way newer 4runners and SUVs in general look. Give me a box or give me a prius

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm… for orders that have been scheduled (and I assume VIN assigned), I’d traipse down to the dealer and ask them to run a V V (vehicle visibility) report. It shows the status of your build, but only becomes active once the vehicle has a VIN assigned and it is scheduled (or built).

It clearly lists the historical dates of each step in the process, and was helpful to see where mine was at during production and transit.

My 2 cents- I’d check in with the dealer, and see how many units they are receiving and where you stand on their order book. This is readably available information, and they own telling you where you stand at their dealership. Granger, to their credit, has role modeled this.

Now, if you’re higher up on their list of pending orders, and they are receiving a reasonable accommodation (x units per month, etc) then I’d be more comfortable sticking with that dealer since you know you’re at the front of their line.

if you’re not getting good communication, or at the back of their line, or their allocated units are low, then it may be time to switch to another dealer that does have higher allocation- I’d recommend mine, but appreciate you’re pretty far from Portland.

Once you have the dealer sorted, it’s time to decide if you’d be good with the soft top - I’m convinced it’s what is (still) killing production, particularly for the 2drs that don’t have the soft top option. Removing that single constraint allowed me to get scheduled 3 months later. Changing tops also reduced the price, and I earmarked that money for an eventual hard top down the line, but appreciate its personal choice 100% on the top selection.

again just my 2 cents-
I also have another theory. This is based on two Portland area orders who walked into a medium to large dealership for the first time in October to place a MY22 order for loaded 4 door badlands and got build dates weeks ago. If you’re in a rainy or snowy part of the US there are far more MIC orders in front of you then say southern Cali or Florida and dew ST orders at all. That’s why people in our area switching to ST are getting build dates immediately but in the south they are still waiting.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s like saying if Toyota made a nice interior, high end tech, and modern vehicle many of us wouldn’t be on B6G. Those are oxymorons. The reason Toyotas are reliable is because they’re basic af. A removable top wouldn’t pass Toyota’s QC. Cmon man. You get a steering wheel and a pedal with Toyota. That’s it.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My prediction remains that parts will be a bigger factor than allocations in 2022.

Ford has the plant capacity to build all the orders by the end of the summer. But I could see the supply chain issues getting worse before they get better. I doubt Ford has a clue how many Broncos they'll be able to build six months from now. It'll depend on covid and whether their suppliers' suppliers' suppliers have everything they need to make products. No one can predict that, not even a company with the resources of Ford.

Ultimately don't think anyone will be waiting until 2024 purely because of allocations. Having reservation holders wait while identical builds are being sold out of lots two years earlier is too toxic from a PR perspective. Ford might hate Granger and co., but they have to realize that punishing customers for the "sins" of the dealer is bad business.

Now, if hard top or 2.7L or chip production slows to a trickle because of supply issues, then we absolutely could be waiting until 2024, and not just at the disfavored dealers.
Why would Ford hate Grainger? The sales price is between Granger and its customer. The price between Ford and Granger is based on their total dealership sales volume in simple terms. It could be because Grainer significantly increased its sales of Broncos artificially by offering well below MSRP, Grainger expected to get a lower real invoice price from Ford based on historical transactions discounts based on sales volume.

Considering Ford has a hot product on its hands, Ford is probably not discounting Broncos real invoice prices in the traditional fashion. This could be Grainger's problem, the internet deals it made months ago or a year ago are not financially viable based ion what Ford will sell them Broncos for at the real invoice price. It is simply Ford also cashing in on the Broncomania and is selling its hot product to the dealers who are willing to pay higher invoice pricing.

You are right, once MAP can build Broncos at unabated speed (by commodity constraints) Grainger's 800 or so orders is merely a day's production.

There is something else at play. IMO.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why does everyone keep telling all the 2dr people to switch to a 4dr soft top?
Yeah, I'm not paying $5k more to get two more doors I don't want.

I could live with four doors if the stupid B pillar weren't so far forward that it smashes into your shoulder, but you can't even get a stick on the base 4-door.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It could be because Grainer significantly increased its sales of Broncos artificially by offering well below MSRP, Grainger expected to get a lower real invoice price from Ford based on historical transactions discounts based on sales volume.
I don't think they planned on any special deal from Ford, at least not one based on price. It was more about the incentives Ford set up for them.

If I'm remembering it correctly (and I wish I could find one of the posts), the "discount dealer" reps on here have explained their thinking a few times, and you can see how it makes business sense. When they saw that the initial allocation of Broncos was going to depend on number of reservations, they saw this as an unusual opportunity to boost their volume well beyond what would normally be possible. Normally their allocations are based on things like previous sales or market size -- things dealerships can't change overnight. But if they could sell a crap ton of Broncos, then this volume would factor into future allocations of other Ford vehicles, allowing a one-time opportunity to spike growth at their dealership. So they came onto B6G, looking to be by far the most attractive dealer in their parts of the country, simply to goose volume.

As long as Ford's formula didn't change, this was win-win for the discount dealerships and the buyers. I don't think the dealers were expecting 1) the Bronco to only have a limited half-year run in 2021, and 2) the formula to eliminate reservations in 2022. Those things together blew up the deal.

So why did Ford change the formula? I was definitely exaggerating when I said that Ford "hates" Granger, but both Ford's mouthpieces and the big volume dealers have expressed deep annoyance with this strategy (a strategy which I don't think Ford foresaw). In addition to being a rather blatant gaming of the intended system and putting downward pressure on sales price across all dealerships, people were saying that the discount dealers were "cheapening" the revived Bronco brand.

I don't see this in terms of bad guys and good guys, but I think it's in Ford's best interest if customers don't come out of their reservation system feeling like they got screwed because of their choice of dealer.
Sponsored