Sponsored

636 Days and still waiting...Who has me beat?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outerbanks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JULY 19, 2020 reservation. 661 Days ago. :cry:
Had 5/9 build week, pushed to 5/23. hoping this one sticks.. fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mid August reservation date, about 130k reservations back, call it 80k orders ahead of you. Ford has made and delivered, what? 35k last year and another 30k, at best, this year. Obviously they built our of order occasionally at least, so estimating 20 thousand people have earlier reservations and are still waiting as best case, 60k at worst, and most likely number in the 40 thousand range. (If you are not flat out trolling, as you use the same title as so many of the earlier exact same thread themes)

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it's fair to say that you can't count reservations as being on the clock. Reservations were just a marketing scheme to build up hype in my opinion. I've spoken to enough dealers to come away comfortable saying this.

Better question would be who has the longest outstanding order submission?
Reservation was post be date was post be your spot in line but Ford changed that and about 75% of the people still waiting put in a order the first week ford started taking Bronco orders

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mid August reservation date, about 130k reservations back, call it 80k orders ahead of you. Ford has made and delivered, what? 35k last year and another 30k, at best, this year. Obviously they built our of order occasionally at least, so estimating 20 thousand people have earlier reservations and are still waiting as best case, 60k at worst, and most likely number in the 40 thousand range. (If you are not flat out trolling, as you use the same title as so many of the earlier exact same thread themes)
you way of lot of the Broncos built have been none 202 reservations , my dealer thinks they get 235 broncos for 2022 and 135 well go to people who put in reservation he said and I dont know what you call early reservation but there was over 100k by jan 2021 .

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you way of lot of the Broncos built have been none 202 reservations , my dealer thinks they get 235 broncos for 2022 and 135 well go to people who put in reservation he said and I dont know what you call early reservation but there was over 100k by jan 2021 .
I will try to answer, from your broken English, I am assuming it is not your primary language and I applaud you for making the effort, but it does hamper my ability to follow your reasoning.

It seems you are stating that my estimates are conservative and I agree, I have intentionally made them so.

Yes, there were certainly over 100K reservations by January 2021 (190K estimates were thrown about in the months before then), 125K reservations were in the first two or three days, so I estimated 130K in by mid August (also conservative).

Yes, the anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that Ford built a lot of non-reservation units, as I stated.

In, short, we agree on most every point, must be a first in the history of the internet!

Sponsored

10Terp

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Expedition, '12 Mustang GT, '06 Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
664 days....what is Ford doing? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was thinking about bothering my dealer today, but we all know that doesn't do any good.

Last edited:

Bronco Bri

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JULY 19, 2020 reservation. 661 Days ago. :cry:
Had 5/9 build week, pushed to 5/23. hoping this one sticks.. fingers crossed.
7/14 reservation. 5/23 build week. Fingers crossed!!!

OP
OP

Alienpilot

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2-Dr)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please don’t take this wrong, I understand the struggle y’all are facing but when did you place your actual order? I’m just curious. No disrespect.

Edit: I wonder if some are confused about the difference between a reservation and an order is all.
I ordered my Bronco on the first available date that you could. I'm sorry that I don't remember the exact date (my dealer didn't even know when I showed up to order my Bronco). I was the first customer to order a Bronco at my dealership.

I also reordered my Bronco for 2022 on the very first date available to do so.

I tried and became frustrated trying to place my reservation on the reveal date in July, that is the only reason why I placed my $100 deposit in August.

I never would have thought that hesitating a few weeks would set me back two years or more waiting for a vehicle.

Thank goodness that I drive and still enjoy my 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. If Jeep would produce some of their 2022 concept Jeep's, Bronco could possibly have more competition. BTW, I'm averaging 21 MPG City (Miami)......2.0T
Sponsored