Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Beautiful rig, and a great, detailed write-up. Franklin TN? Beautiful area. I had a customer there many years ago. She was a terrific lady, Wilma. I live in Pittsburgh, and she would ship me Herbert's barbecue packed in dry ice. What a great woman. What great barbecue.
Sponsored

huskerhiker

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands non SAS, modified.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great. How do you like the Icon setup thus far?

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Best looking 4 door Bronco transformation I've seen! Awesome after pics.

BeauTheBronco22

Outer Banks
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Chevy Tahoe, '85 JEEP CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am not terribly pithy when creating titles.

First, everyone is entitled to an opinion. While you can feel free to voice your opinion, I do not have to share your opinion (positive or negative). These are things that I have planned for my Bronco, or have executed.

My Bronco is, as my signature suggests, a 2.3L Badlands, High Package, Non-Sasquatch, No Tow Pkg., in Eruption Green with a Soft Top. I made a choice to change my original order to get built, and, because I work for a similarly large manufacturer in a different industry, I knew when large manufacturers send out emails that say things like "to speed up your build" or "enhance your chances" (or whatever the exact language was) that that is the Public Relations team's code for "we cannot do what you want, but here are your options".

In the end only dropping Sasquatch cost me more in the aftermarket. The 2.3L has so far been enough power, and I didn't really need the ACC, heated steering wheel, or crappy, by all accounts, B&O sound system in the LUX anyway. And, in hindsight, I'm not sure why I ever thought I would need Tow for the 7-pin connection (probably didn't give it the right amount of thought up front and just reacted to the word "Tow" initially).

Baby Picture:
IMG_3901.JPG

Elementary Years (i.e., Day 1 pick up at dealer, no modifications):
IMG_3977.JPG
IMG_3978.JPG

And now at home in the driveway (still pre-modifications):
IMG_3980.JPG

I purchased from Ford Lincoln of Franklin, in Franklin, Tennessee (just south of Nashville). I paid MSRP minus the "special offer" (a.k.a., price protection) of $3,200. I had a great dealership experience throughout and both my sales person and the sales manager were communicative - even if sometimes a tad wrong on their information. I give them credit for trying, and I was always able to clarify by either calling Ford Marketing or listening to you bunch of fellow crazies on B6G (and the other forum).

The Teenage Years (first three major actual modifications):
I do plan to off-road both trails and some crawling as well. In addition the vehicle is my "daily driver," but I purposefully use quotations because my maximum "daily drive" is 16 miles (round trip, i.e., 8 miles each way) on non-highway/non-interstate roads. And I do that like 3 or so times a week. So, this vehicle is mostly for off-roading/fun.

Modifications:
  • Removed the OEM wheels, replaced with Method Bead Grip in Method Bronze
I wanted to have the ability to have "bead lock-like" technology without having true bead locks, as a true bead lock wheel is not actually street legal in Tennessee. (Now, I fully realize that just about no trooper or officer is going to have any idea, but I like rules and tend to obey them.) After a lot of research and even a detailed conversation with someone at Method, I was convinced their bead grip technology is what I wanted.​
  • Removed OEM 33" tires, replaced with 35" Firestone Destination M/T2 (except the rear spare which is still currently the OEM 33" because my wife's company (Bridgestone) shipped her 4 tires in the correct size and 1 tire in an incorrect size. Ugh. Will be updated to the 35" spare on February 10, 2023 - earliest date they could manufacture and send).
I chose the Firestone Destination M/T2 tires because:​
(1) I want to stay married, as I married way above my looks-paygrade, and driving on the company's tires with whom she is employed is important to her.​
(2) It also happens to be the only Bridgestone off-road tire that comes in a 17" wheel. So... not much choice.​
(3) The tires actually receive strong ratings and reviews. Here's one from Motortrend. They are the only true "peak rated" snow tires. So, Coloradoans and Utahns... look out here I come from Tennessee (we don't exactly have "peaks" here in TN).​
Since Discount Tire and Tire Rack are active here, please see links to the tires on each website. You can, of course, buy your tires from anywhere. And, since I get them direct from the plant, I have no opinion on from whom to buy tires. Just seems nice to link these two since they reply to threads here.​
  • Since I dropped Sasquatch to get built, I went aftermarket. After research, I decided upon the Icon Vehicle Dynamics Stage 6 Tubular. I did not need all of the technology in the Stage 8, and felt like the Stage 6 satisfied all of my needs.
The pictures were taken by a professional photographer and then I compressed their size. I hope the quality of the photography is maintained with the compression to get them to fit on the site.
Compressed IMG0276.JPG

Compressed IMG0277.JPG

Compressed IMG0278.JPG

Compressed IMG0279.JPG

Compressed IMG0280.JPG

Then there is the ARB Summit Front and Rear Bumpers. Here's their picture...
1675190708456.png

Yeap... on Black Friday (fortunately, I suppose), our refrigerator / freezer compressor and control board both died. So, I bought the LG Refrigerator/Freeze above. Unfortunately, this siphoned away enough (not all) of the funds I had saved for the actual ARB Summit front and rear bumpers that I had to forego that purchase. (Refrigerator is great though. Very spacious... haha)

Here is what I wanted and will likely get in March 2023:
https://arbusa.com/bumpers-protection-equipment/summit-2/

There's a great way to integrate the ARB compressor hoses with the bumper, but I'd do both simultaneously, so I held off on the ARB compressor. Also plan to buy this in March.
https://arbusa.com/air-compressors/

Changes that are "like stickers":

Installed both myself. I would say a maximum of a half-hour to install (I got side tracked mid-install and lost track of time).​
Review: They both behave mostly as advertised. The G3 MagMount did hold my iPhone 12 Pro (not Max) on paved roads and gravel roads without using their 3M sticky-back magnets. When I went over a speed bump at my kids' school, the iPhone did fly off. Tested the next day, same speed, same speed bump, but this time with the magnet installed on the back of the phone. The phone did not fall.​

Install was exactly as in the video, which you can access either on the website or using a QR code included with the product.​

Short Term Wish List:
  1. Under Hood Lighting
  2. Lighting for the Summit Bumper (ambivalent as of now on brand; have had good luck with RIGID in the past so probably RIGID)
  3. ARB ROLLER DRAWER KIT WITH ROLLER TOP
  4. Vinyl wraps or stickers for the interior in the Badlands spots that are currently "orange" to turn them into a Bronze color to match the wheels. The bronze will be my accent color. If anyone sees overlays in bronze, tell me. I've yet to find any in the color I want.
  5. Redline tuning Hood Lift
  6. JTops Bimini
Long Term Wish List:
  1. Wrap, or maybe go all-in with paint, to the exterior in the Bronze color to add a retro stripe look
  2. Those ADV fenders (in the mean time, I'll take someone's OEM Sasquatch ones if you're sellin' for reasonable)
It's a beaut! Congrats...and love the bronze!

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great build; those “bumpers” you bought are badass.

I’m not trying to step on your vision, but I’m going to step on your vision. A Bronze Hockey Stick stripe would be both retro and tie to the wheels without needing a wrap or repaint.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In addition the vehicle is my "daily driver," but I purposefully use quotations because my maximum "daily drive" is 16 miles (round trip, i.e., 8 miles each way) on non-highway/non-interstate roads. And I do that like 3 or so times a week. So, this vehicle is mostly for off-roading/fun.
First off - I like where you’re going. But want to point out one thing a lot of people don’t always factor in to the planning: ”highway driving”

You say you’re planning on 16 miles of non-highway driving a few times a week. Which is cool. But did you also think about the few times a year that you might need to drive it a few hundred miles (or maybe even a couple thousand) on the interstate to attend an event or get to a new trail/camping location?

Plan for offroading/fun but be careful not to neglect highway-ability. Unless you’re building a trailer queen.

OP
OP
irishdore

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great build; those “bumpers” you bought are badass.

I’m not trying to step on your vision, but I’m going to step on your vision. A Bronze Hockey Stick stripe would be both retro and tie to the wheels without needing a wrap or repaint.
That's good point, and much cheaper. I'll add that to consideration. What do you think about the "Spear Kits" instead of the hockey stick style?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
ESL here and had to Google the definition of "pithy". I think you are holding back on the title department...

Beautiful truck BTW!

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plan for offroading/fun but be careful not to neglect highway-ability. Unless you’re building a trailer queen
Ford Bronco A Guy and His Bronco 20200514_162546

Sponsored
OP
OP
irishdore

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful rig, and a great, detailed write-up. Franklin TN? Beautiful area. I had a customer there many years ago. She was a terrific lady, Wilma. I live in Pittsburgh, and she would ship me Herbert's barbecue packed in dry ice. What a great woman. What great barbecue.
Herbert's BBQ has unfortunately gone out of business. They did have glorious cornbread.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great story and write up. Are you happy with ICON 6? Do you plan to upgrade to 37s or are happy with lift and 35s? Can you share a side shot?

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

First, everyone is entitled to an opinion. While you can feel free to voice your opinion, I do not have to share your opinion (positive or negative). These are things that I have planned for my Bronco, or have executed.

My Bronco is, as my signature suggests, a 2.3L Badlands, High Package, Non-Sasquatch, No Tow Pkg., in Eruption Green with a Soft Top. I made a choice to change my original order to get built, and, because I work for a similarly large manufacturer in a different industry, I knew when large manufacturers send out emails that say things like "to speed up your build" or "enhance your chances" (or whatever the exact language was) that that is the Public Relations team's code for "we cannot do what you want, but here are your options".

In the end only dropping Sasquatch cost me more in the aftermarket. The 2.3L has so far been enough power, and I didn't really need the ACC, heated steering wheel, or crappy, by all accounts, B&O sound system in the LUX anyway. And, in hindsight, I'm not sure why I ever thought I would need Tow for the 7-pin connection (probably didn't give it the right amount of thought up front and just reacted to the word "Tow" initially).

Baby Picture:
IMG_3901.JPG

IMG_3977.JPG
IMG_3978.JPG

IMG_3980.JPG

I purchased from Ford Lincoln of Franklin, in Franklin, Tennessee (just south of Nashville). I paid MSRP minus the "special offer" (a.k.a., price protection) of $3,200. I had a great dealership experience throughout and both my sales person and the sales manager were communicative - even if sometimes a tad wrong on their information. I give them credit for trying, and I was always able to clarify by either calling Ford Marketing or listening to you bunch of fellow crazies on B6G (and the other forum).

I do plan to off-road both trails and some crawling as well. In addition the vehicle is my "daily driver," but I purposefully use quotations because my maximum "daily drive" is 16 miles (round trip, i.e., 8 miles each way) on non-highway/non-interstate roads. And I do that like 3 or so times a week. So, this vehicle is mostly for off-roading/fun.

Modifications:
I wanted to have the ability to have "bead lock-like" technology without having true bead locks, as a true bead lock wheel is not actually street legal in Tennessee. (Now, I fully realize that just about no trooper or officer is going to have any idea, but I like rules and tend to obey them.) After a lot of research and even a detailed conversation with someone at Method, I was convinced their bead grip technology is what I wanted.​
  • Removed OEM 33" tires, replaced with 35" Firestone Destination M/T2 (except the rear spare which is still currently the OEM 33" because my wife's company (Bridgestone) shipped her 4 tires in the correct size and 1 tire in an incorrect size. Ugh. Will be updated to the 35" spare on February 10, 2023 - earliest date they could manufacture and send).
(1) I want to stay married, as I married way above my looks-paygrade, and driving on the company's tires with whom she is employed is important to her.​
(2) It also happens to be the only Bridgestone off-road tire that comes in a 17" wheel. So... not much choice.​
(3) The tires actually receive strong ratings and reviews. Here's one from Motortrend. They are the only true "peak rated" snow tires. So, Coloradoans and Utahns... look out here I come from Tennessee (we don't exactly have "peaks" here in TN).​
Since Discount Tire and Tire Rack are active here, please see links to the tires on each website. You can, of course, buy your tires from anywhere. And, since I get them direct from the plant, I have no opinion on from whom to buy tires. Just seems nice to link these two since they reply to threads here.​
  • Since I dropped Sasquatch to get built, I went aftermarket. After research, I decided upon the Icon Vehicle Dynamics Stage 6 Tubular. I did not need all of the technology in the Stage 8, and felt like the Stage 6 satisfied all of my needs.
The pictures were taken by a professional photographer and then I compressed their size. I hope the quality of the photography is maintained with the compression to get them to fit on the site.
Compressed IMG0276.JPG

Compressed IMG0277.JPG

Compressed IMG0278.JPG

Compressed IMG0279.JPG

Compressed IMG0280.JPG

1675190708456.png

Yeap... on Black Friday (fortunately, I suppose), our refrigerator / freezer compressor and control board both died. So, I bought the LG Refrigerator/Freeze above. Unfortunately, this siphoned away enough (not all) of the funds I had saved for the actual ARB Summit front and rear bumpers that I had to forego that purchase. (Refrigerator is great though. Very spacious... haha)

There's a great way to integrate the ARB compressor hoses with the bumper, but I'd do both simultaneously, so I held off on the ARB compressor. Also plan to buy this in March.

Installed both myself. I would say a maximum of a half-hour to install (I got side tracked mid-install and lost track of time).​
Review: They both behave mostly as advertised. The G3 MagMount did hold my iPhone 12 Pro (not Max) on paved roads and gravel roads without using their 3M sticky-back magnets. When I went over a speed bump at my kids' school, the iPhone did fly off. Tested the next day, same speed, same speed bump, but this time with the magnet installed on the back of the phone. The phone did not fall.​

Install was exactly as in the video, which you can access either on the website or using a QR code included with the product.​

Short Term Wish List:
  1. Under Hood Lighting
  2. Lighting for the Summit Bumper (ambivalent as of now on brand; have had good luck with RIGID in the past so probably RIGID)
  4. Vinyl wraps or stickers for the interior in the Badlands spots that are currently "orange" to turn them into a Bronze color to match the wheels. The bronze will be my accent color. If anyone sees overlays in bronze, tell me. I've yet to find any in the color I want.
  6. JTops Bimini
Long Term Wish List:
  1. Wrap, or maybe go all-in with paint, to the exterior in the Bronze color to add a retro stripe look
  2. Those ADV fenders (in the mean time, I'll take someone's OEM Sasquatch ones if you're sellin' for reasonable)
What a beast of a build. I’m waiting on my schedule March build date. After waiting for 2.7 lux tow MIC SAS, decided that what I really wanted from the beginning was a manual transmission. Just because 2.7 was available I talked myself in must have biggest available engine. Then came to my senses and realized that every the two jeeps I have had one being a rubicon

Baby Picture:

Modifications:

Short Term Wish List:
  1. Under Hood Lighting
  6. JTops Bimini
Long Term Wish List:
What a beast. I’m going down similar path with parts piling up in my garage and waiting on build date in march. (4dr 7MT 2.7 non-SA). Getting both tops. Plans: lobo off-road hidden winch mount, icon rebound pro, modular OEM bumper, warn evo 10 S winch, eibach stage 1 spring lift, tube doors, ford performance tune, OEM SAS tires, azure grey

Your build is hard core capable. Is it manual transmission. Any plans on stereo (I’m researching what to do with mine) high package.

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great choice going with the Methods, bronze looks great with your green. I’m running some 702’s myself.
Ford Bronco A Guy and His Bronco 3B9B6E43-0BED-4DF3-8C50-20B3850BF539
Sponsored