Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't know much about portal design, but the straight cut gears in my manual transmissions (typically reverse gear) are definitely noisier than the other gears. What's the "magic" in the straight cut portals that make them silent?
They are not actually silent... they just are smaller turning at a slow speed and in a four gear design they have two sets of gears engaging distributing about 1/2 to 1/4 of the power that is going through the transmission. They are also not up against the body transmitting that noise.

They are just not so loud that you hear them.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@tmason10 if your going cast iron I would at least make some promotional cook wear. Think about sending 74Weld a broncbuster skillet for christmas, you could serve it up hot!
I see an infomercial: "But wait, there's MORE! You get this awesome sold in 'merica portal package, and THEN!! You'll get our brand new It's-not-a-74Weld skillet set! You'll never season again! [Patents pending.]"

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see an infomercial: "But wait, there's MORE! You get this awesome sold in 'merica portal package, and THEN!! You'll get our brand new It's-not-a-74Weld skillet set! You'll never season again! [Patents pending.]"
“Our skillets use proprietary engineering that makes them SILENT compared to the competition!”

Sponsored

DYak

Big Bend
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend Baby
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you guys haven't been following the DSTrac USA saga, you should check out their Instagram. Tyler should take a look too because I think he is going to learn a lot of the same lessons the hard way.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you guys haven't been following the DSTrac USA saga, you should check out their Instagram. Tyler should take a look too because I think he is going to learn a lot of the same lessons the hard way.
Can you give us the cliff notes?

DYak

Big Bend
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend Baby
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you give us the cliff notes?
Dude in the US imported Dynatrac knockoffs from Brazil. Axles started blowing up and Brazil allegedly ghosted. US guy changed the IG to be nothing but pictures of their broken axles. Brazil started a new IG selling the same stuff rebranded as KB Axles.

I hit up KB and of course they say everything is DSTrac USA's fault. Just another spiderman meme of everyone blaming each other.

Last edited:

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

because there are a bunch of BB advocates on here as well....

To be honest, I got nothing against him. I do not know him... And no matter how much someone talks him up or talks him down I would rather form my own opinion.

I do have a problem with the helical cut portal design. That is my real issue. I would really like Tyler to come out and explain to me what the advantages are to this design... BEYOND the tired noise issue. I do not want the sales speak... I will call that for what it is... BS... I want real world design criteria and rational for the design choices made. Maybe I am wrong... Maybe I am missing something here.... BUT I NEED SOMEONE TO CONVINCE ME I AM WRONG. Otherwise my opinion stands and I will keep repeating it. If someone were to convince me I am wrong I will admit it. I am not omniscient. I make mistakes. I do not have and will never have all the information. I just form my opinions based on the information I have at the time. I recognize that and am open to reevaluation my opinions if I have new information. PLEASE PROVIDE ME NEW INFORMATION.

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While personally I won't use after market parts not made in the US can you at least provide us with what Broncbuster has done to guarantee that the products you sell are not made by children?
Sponsored