First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We run into this more and more. We source a lot of parts off shore and comes in with a signed PPAP and everyone thinks its gospel. It's amazing what you can tell with a small file and a magnet. I just bought a replacement warming rack for my grill. Say's it's stainless steel. First thing I did was grab a magnet. Yup, it's SS and I''ll keep it.
LOL, would have laughed if it melted at 1100F.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

curious... how does a magnet help you determine the chromium... all the ferrics should react to the magnet. At least you know it is not aluminum... You have a trick I am missing. ... oh... I bet you are looking at the metal coloration and the magnet.... I will get there eventually... My brain works slowly these days. šŸ˜
300 series SS is mostly non magnetic. It can become slightly magnetic when cold worked. Using a NdBFe magnet, itā€™s pretty easy to tell. The file is for the hardness. Most of the 400 series SS is hardened to a certain degree although you can get it in an annealed state but most donā€™t .
LOL, would have laughed if it melted at 1100F.
more of an issue with rust than temperature robustness

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

300 series SS is mostly non magnetic. It can become slightly magnetic when cold worked. Using a NdBFe magnet, itā€™s pretty easy to tell. The file is for the hardness. Most of the 400 series SS is hardened to a certain degree although you can get it in an annealed state but most donā€™t .

more of an issue with rust than temperature robustness
I love learning something new every day! So... is the 400 series more magnetic? Now I have to start looking into this. They both have Iron which is magnetic... but I am assuming (guessing is more accurate) that the alloys (obviously chromium and whatever else) are tying up the magnetic properties of the Iron???? I understand the really strong magnet to identify even a weak attraction.... Never worked with any one group of metals long enough to memorize (or even remember) most of their properties. I always had to refer to the charts.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I love learning something new every day! So... is the 400 series more magnetic? Now I have to start looking into this. They both have Iron which is magnetic... but I am assuming (guessing is more accurate) that the alloys (obviously chromium and whatever else) are tying up the magnetic properties of the Iron???? I understand the really strong magnet to identify even a weak attraction.... Never worked with any one group of metals long enough to memorize (or even remember) most of their properties. I always had to refer to the charts.
Itā€™s the nickel content in the 300 series (18-8)that gives it the non magnetic properties and the anti corrosive properties.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thatā€™s what this forum is all about. Youā€™ve done more than your fair share regarding gearing. My sharing of gearing would make most gear designers cringe! My trick of mixing .4 module and 64 pitch gears so you can mate a metric motor to an ansi shaft is one nobody likes! But it works in my application.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Should I assume a 1 size fits all means that it fits everything sorta ok but nothing that good? Why would 74Weld not just do the same 1 size fits all part?
Well you need to know Quinn... no way would he produce and sell a one size fits all. No way would he manufacture a product that works "sorta" well.

Dude wants to manufacture only the best of the best. When you buy his kit.... EVERYTHING is included all the way down to the gear oil, every nut every bolt. No lights in the dash and EVERYTHING works as it did when it came from the factory....

TheStonewall

Wildtrak
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well you need to know Quinn... no way would he produce and sell a one size fits all. No way would he manufacture a product that works "sorta" well.

Dude wants to manufacture only the best of the best. When you buy his kit.... EVERYTHING is included all the way down to the gear oil, every nut every bolt. No lights in the dash and EVERYTHING works as it did when it came from the factory....
So I watched some of the Broncbuster Videos and Posts. Why does he insist that "the other guys" (assuming this is 74Weld) are having problems with electronics. Is he just using dirty marketing tactics here to try to discredit his competition? If so, that is wild!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I watched some of the Broncbuster Videos and Posts. Why does he insist that "the other guys" (assuming this is 74Weld) are having problems with electronics. Is he just using dirty marketing tactics here to try to discredit his competition? If so, that is wild!

I have to watch how I put this so I don't get the "ban hammer" but..........very similar to something else that is going on right now.

Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have to watch how I put this so I don't get the "ban hammer" but..........very similar to something else that is going on right now.

Are you referring to the lawsuit he claims to be opening on 74Weld for patent infringement? (Allegedly)

DYak

Big Bend
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend Baby
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you referring to the lawsuit he claims to be opening on 74Weld for patent infringement? (Allegedly)
If that's true, it is fVc<!ng wild that he's run his mouth enough for it to end up on a forum. Allegedly.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If that's true, it is fVc<!ng wild that he's run his mouth enough for it to end up on a forum. Allegedly.
When I heard that I was pretty astounded. Not surprised that he would spout off like that to anyone pretending to be interested, but astounded that he thinks he has a case.

Keep in mind this obviously isnā€™t directly from him. Second hand from someone he allegedly told.
Sponsored