Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had an SD card drop into the passenger side air vent on top of the dash nearest the windshield. I'd like to recover it primarily for the offroading footage it contains.

How difficult is it to access this area of the Bronco? Seems in many vehicles it can be a labor-intensive area to get into.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I lost one of the speaker cover clips down the defroster vent..I just marked it as a total loss.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had an SD card drop into the passenger side air vent on top of the dash nearest the windshield. I'd like to recover it primarily for the offroading footage it contains.

How difficult is it to access this area of the Bronco? Seems in many vehicles it can be a labor-intensive area to get into.
I think I've seen YouTube videos of people taking the dash apart. Might be somewhere to start.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have one of these flexible grabbing tools? I'm not sure if it'll fit in the vent, but you might get lucky as these are super bendy. It'll just take some patience and some fishing around potentially. Can you see the SD card if you use a flashlight and look into the vent (assuming from the outside, through the windshield)?

OP
OP
Quest

Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have one of these flexible grabbing tools? I'm not sure if it'll fit in the vent, but you might get lucky as these are super bendy. It'll just take some patience and some fishing around potentially. Can you see the SD card if you use a flashlight and look into the vent (assuming from the outside, through the windshield)?
Likely I would need a flexible camera thing to look. I can't get my head close enough to the windshield to look down at it. Will see what I can do though.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Likely I would need a flexible camera thing to look. I can't get my head close enough to the windshield to look down at it. Will see what I can do though.
You may need to look from outside the windshield to even see if the card is visible at all. Might require it to be dark and use a flashlight.

Flexible camera is a great option too.

To recover it maybe a flexible tool with something sticky on the end. Gum, silly putty, something like that.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you seal it off to get a vacuum hose on it ?
Sponsored