Acronyms & Abbreviations

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I’ve not been on these forums as long as some, but seems like I spend half of my limited mental capacity here trying to decipher abbreviations......WBDO?, BD?, BL?, SAS?, TTA?, ad nauseum.
I understand some of y’all have very important pressing issues in your lives that necessitate brevity...but really?
Can we get a sticky (thread that persists) that deciphers these for those of us who are abbreviations challenged please?
I feel for you. I've been in that spot elsewhere. I try to use the "full name" once before I abbreviate. As in:

The two-door Badlands without Sasquatch is the best all-around Bronco you can buy. If you say that a 2D non-squatch BL isn't the best, I will fight you.

😄

Razorbak86

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX-450h, BMW R1150 GS
Clubs

@Administrator, this could be a useful reference thread for new members if properly curated. Would it be possible to set the thread status to “Enable Wiki Post”?

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Clubs

@Administrator, this could be a useful reference thread for new members if properly curated. Would it be possible to set the thread status to “Enable Wiki Post”?
Good idea. The first post of the thread is now a Wiki post and can be edited by all members.(y)

Hoofnmouth

Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Clubs

Bohica,shtf,snafu,sol,some of my favs ,lots of use on the land rover/ audi forums

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Clubs

I feel for you. I've been in that spot elsewhere. I try to use the "full name" once before I abbreviate. As in:

The two-door Badlands without Sasquatch is the best all-around Bronco you can buy. If you say that a 2D non-squatch BL isn't the best, I will fight you.

😄
It should be… the 2 door Badlands (BL) ….. non-squatch BL ….

Bud2020

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pickem Up
Clubs

FNG

Top Mach

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 2020 Ford Explorer