Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Is it possible to shut off the adaptive function of this type of cruise? In other words can I make it work like normal cruise, or is it all or nothing? I ask because I woud like to move up to the LUX package, but don't like the adaptive cruise.
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love it, but you can turn it off and just have “regular” cruise control.

OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

after adaptive cruise on f150 and over 3k mile road trip, it is fantastic.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should be able to turn off the adaptive feature via the settings in the display. At least I could on the Bronco Sport.. I only have mid package now.

.. not having adaptive cruise is one reason I'm thinking of trading in to something with LUX. It's not as nice as the one that was on the Sport, but still nice.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to qualify my answer by saying i think you can turn the adaptive part off. I’ve only had the vehicle 3 weeks now. If you can’t turn it off in settings, you can reduce the adaptive distance to “no bars” essentially turning it off.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, you can turn the adaptive function to “Normal”..

From the 22 owners manual:

Use the touchscreen to select the following:
1. Select Settings.
2. Select Driver Assist.
3. Select Cruise Control.
4. Select Normal

OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Thanks to all for you feedback.

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I ask what you don't like about adaptive cruise? I can't imagine it as anything other than an upgrade to cruise. Use it all the time.
On my 2018 Honda Pilot, the adaptive feature can be a major pain in the ass.
For example, if a car changes lanes into your selected buffer, it will give an unnecessary hard brake until it’s reached the following distance. So much so that it makes others in the car uneasy.
Even at the shortest following setting, it will also slow down to match a vehicle you would normally intend on passing. There is no way to effectively pass a vehicle unless you either cancel the cruise control, or move lanes well ahead of what is necessary.
I personally would still like the option to just keep a constant speed. Ford’s technology may be much better, but if you tend to drive a little faster on the freeway/interstate, it can become a nuisance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask what you don't like about adaptive cruise? I can't imagine it as anything other than an upgrade to cruise. Use it all the time.
Yes you may ask. Not sure I won't like it, but I'm not a creature of electronics, old school. Things fail, stuff happens. If I can shut it off then I would like to get the LUX instead of High on my Badlands, and as I don't have any info. on my truck I guess now is the time to make the change. It only adds $2K to the truck total. I appreciate all the responses about this. Enjoy your trucks, someday I hope to do the same.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On my 2018 Honda Pilot, the adaptive feature can be a major pain in the ass.
For example, if a car changes lanes into your selected buffer, it will give an unnecessary hard brake until it’s reached the following distance. So much so that it makes others in the car uneasy.
Even at the shortest following setting, it will also slow down to match a vehicle you would normally intend on passing. There is no way to effectively pass a vehicle unless you either cancel the cruise control, or move lanes well ahead of what is necessary.
I personally would still like the option to just keep a constant speed. Ford’s technology may be much better, but if you tend to drive a little faster on the freeway/interstate, it can become a nuisance.
I get that a little bit. Maybe once a week I run into it. One thing you can do on AC is hit the gas for a few seconds when you dont like following distance, someone merging etc - lets you speed up (or not slow down) and doesnt cancel the cruise.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can turn it off.

OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that a little bit. Maybe once a week I run into it. One thing you can do on AC is hit the gas for a few seconds when you dont like following distance, someone merging etc - lets you speed up (or not slow down) and doesnt cancel the cruise.
OK...thanks. I like to drive the truck, not have it drive me. I enjoy driving and long trips. I'm a 65 MPH on the road. I look forward to trading my JK in for this truck. I had a chance to buy a 2019 JL loaded Rubicon, in the mid $40s, only 25K miles. This Jeep is mint. I looked into it and the improvements on the Bronco and decided to wait for the Bronco. Will keep pluggin away in my 09 JK for now.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you can turn it off via the display. I was looking forward to this feature, but on my first road trip and it annoyed the hell out of me. I tend to drive a bit faster than others and when you’re on the highways of Wyoming, there’s not a lot of traffic. Every time I tried to pass someone the truck slammed on its brakes. I will never use this feature again as it almost caused me three accident with cars behind me.
Sponsored