Sponsored

The Winch: Say Goodbye to My Front-Camera and ACC?

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On May 1st, someone shared the Bronco 21’ parts/accessories catalog and to my dismay (as well as many others, I’m sure), it read that the winch would only be available without the front-camera and adaptive cruise control.

Obviously the deadline for order changes is long gone and I’ve already received my VIN # however, had I known this prior to that deadline I would’ve removed the winch from my order.

What are our options upon delivery in this situation? Will we be able to have the winch removed and replace the front-camera? Do I need to just kiss my ACC goodbye?
Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should get a call from your dealer that accessories are unable to be factory integrated and you'll have to order them separately. Your invoice will have a reduced price due to the removal of the accessories to the order.

TL:DR:

Your Bronco should arrive without the winch. so you should be good to go. :)

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should get a call from your dealer that accessories are unable to be factory integrated and you'll have to order them separately. Your invoice will have a reduced price due to the removal of the accessories to the order.

TL:DR:

Your Bronco should arrive without the winch. so you should be good to go. :)
Sir, you have made my day. Thank you for the insight!

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I got the call from my dealer and he said, "The winch won't come from the factory so we'll have to add it back to your order and install at the dealer if you still want it." I said, "Let's wait. I'm exploring my options." :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I got the call from my dealer and he said, "The winch won't come from the factory so we'll have to add it back to your order and install at the dealer if you still want it." I said, "Let's wait. I'm exploring my options." :)
Ah, I see. That makes sense, I couldn’t imagine the additional delay if the factory was responsible for installing every additional accessory on each order.

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cancel the winch order when you get the call. The aftermarket will have better and cheaper solutions that maintain functionality.
Now, is this guaranteed that they’ll call beforehand? Or is it entirely possible they’ll place the separate order without double checking with me?

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now, is this guaranteed that they’ll call beforehand? Or is it entirely possible they’ll place the separate order without double checking with me?
I'd call them to be sure. I assume this is completely up to the dealer and how on top of it they are. Many will probably just order and install without asking.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're supposed to call. That doesn't mean they will. I'm supposed to eat my greens, but I don't always do that, either! Call them and be sure.

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd call them to be sure. I assume this is completely up to the dealer and how on top of it they are. Many will probably just order and install without asking.
They're supposed to call. That doesn't mean they will. I'm supposed to eat my greens, but I don't always do that, either! Call them and be sure.
Gotcha. I’ll reach out to them now to be safe. Thank you both.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I doubt it unless the aftermarket is relocating the camera and the ACC.

BTW .. in the raptor world, the aftermarket relocates the Inter-cooler to make room for the winch and also relocates the ACC sensor. After you are done you are 5K in. Most Raptor guys do not relocate the front camera. I only know of 1 company that offers a front Raptor camera relocation.

And you can't have everything so you have to make some compromises.

Cancel the winch order when you get the call. The aftermarket will have better and cheaper solutions that maintain functionality.

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt it unless the aftermarket is relocating the camera and the ACC.

BTW .. in the raptor world, the aftermarket relocates the Inter-cooler to make room for the winch and also relocates the ACC sensor. After you are done you are 5K in. Most Raptor guys do not relocate the front camera. I only know of 1 company that offers a front Raptor camera relocation.

And you can't have everything so you have to make some compromises.

You can have everything in this case. I for one will be waiting for (or building) a bumper that allows a more tucked winch option (requires intercooler relocation as stated) than factory while also having sensor mounting locations. This along with not having the brush guard or lights mounted in the way allows the winch, camera and adaptive cruise. As far as $$$...you are right that it will cost more than the factory option.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
RPG Offroad >> $1295 (just the bumper) on a ranger

Ford Bronco The Winch: Say Goodbye to My Front-Camera and ACC? 1620333608812

Ford Bronco The Winch: Say Goodbye to My Front-Camera and ACC? 1620333673074

Ford Bronco The Winch: Say Goodbye to My Front-Camera and ACC? 1620333942659

You can have everything in this case. I for one will be waiting for (or building) a bumper that allows a more tucked winch option (requires intercooler relocation as stated) than factory while also having sensor mounting locations. This along with not having the brush guard or lights mounted in the way allows the winch, camera and adaptive cruise. As far as $$$...you are right that it will cost more than the factory option.

Last edited:

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RPG Offroad >> $1295 (just the bumper) on a ranger

1620333608812.png

1620333673074.png

1620333942659.png
Thanks for the info! I really like that bumper, hopefully a similar one for the Bronco looks as sharp.

Exactly the tucked winch style I am going for. Likely will need a front mount intercooler and drop down to 2 LP6's (or maybe LP9's) instead of the 5 shown. With the 4 pods below it should be plenty for me.
Sponsored