ADD Bomber Bumper & RC (Rough Country) Hidden Winch Mount

OpDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 / 23 OBX SAS (3/27/23 Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t answer your question directly, but I’ll offer this - carefully consider how you plan on wheeling before choosing a winch mounting method. My biggest complaints with the hidden mount are reduced approach angle, it’s hard to get at the selector lever, and hard to keep winch itself clean. And some of the hidden mounts require, or used to require, cutting on your frame. The more visible higher mounts have their own problems including possible interference with adaptive cruise sensor and front facing camera, appearance, and fitment with aftermarket bumpers. Then there’s parking proximity sensors to consider.

I have the below Rough Country mount and had to relocate the front camera. And it has its own issue regarding possible bending and twisting frame ends under certain conditions. And I was hesitant to use a solution that required relocating adaptive cruise module.

It’s easier if you don’t have ACC, camera, and parking sensors. Just carefully consider all the factors and make your choice. Others will chime in.

IMG_1729.jpeg

OP
OP
OpDawg

OpDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 / 23 OBX SAS (3/27/23 Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good advice, appreciated. Didn’t think about the accessibility…

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And it has its own issue regarding possible bending and twisting frame ends under certain conditions.
This. If considering the Rough Country high mount option, you just need to add $100 to your winch install budget for brackets to reinforce the frame end bumper mounts. From what I’ve read here, it’s going to twist/bend the factory mounts. Just a matter of when.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t answer your question directly, but I’ll offer this - carefully consider how you plan on wheeling before choosing a winch mounting method. My biggest complaints with the hidden mount are reduced approach angle, it’s hard to get at the selector lever, and hard to keep winch itself clean. And some of the hidden mounts require, or used to require, cutting on your frame. The more visible higher mounts have their own problems including possible interference with adaptive cruise sensor and front facing camera, appearance, and fitment with aftermarket bumpers. Then there’s parking proximity sensors to consider.

I have the below Rough Country mount and had to relocate the front camera. And it has its own issue regarding possible bending and twisting frame ends under certain conditions. And I was hesitant to use a solution that required relocating adaptive cruise module.

It’s easier if you don’t have ACC, camera, and parking sensors. Just carefully consider all the factors and make your choice. Others will chime in.

Ford Bronco ADD Bomber Bumper & RC (Rough Country) Hidden Winch Mount IMG_1729
I can’t speak for the RC amount but the lobo mount absolutely doesn’t change a single thing on approach angke

like I said in my other thread I bought the winch for self recovery

other people buy Amazon ditch lights, rotopax and light bars. I don’t ask to borrow those and don’t loan out my winch.
I haven’t buried my vehicle up to the bumper in mud since I was 16

I’m not pulling wire or rope all day and I’m not putting a spoonbill bumper on

it’s only flat and muddy here and I’ve also wheeled out west
This is a 4x8 sheet showing the only thing barely contacting is the large hook that I chose to use

Ford Bronco ADD Bomber Bumper & RC (Rough Country) Hidden Winch Mount IMG_2884
Ford Bronco ADD Bomber Bumper & RC (Rough Country) Hidden Winch Mount IMG_2885
Ford Bronco ADD Bomber Bumper & RC (Rough Country) Hidden Winch Mount IMG_2886
Sponsored