First Name
Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To give you the short story, about a year ago my husband and I went into Damerow Ford (in Beaverton, Oregon) and ordered a Ford Bronco. We put a deposit down, signed a purchase agreement and were eventually assigned a VIN number tied directly to our name.

Fast forward to recent weeks, we were notified that our vehicle was finally being shipped and would arrive soon. We waited to hear from Damerow Ford about our vehicle but never got a call. Yesterday we contacted the dealership and asked if the car had arrived. Come to find out, they decided to sell it to someone else.

If you look into this, it is a big issue that is happening in the Ford community. Dealerships are not abiding to their agreements and selling cars out from underneath people who have put in custom orders. And, instead, selling them to other people at higher price points for their own personal gain.

Now, after waiting almost an ENTIRE year for the car. They provided us with no options other than to start the order process all over again.
Sponsored

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And that's why ford wants to stop selling to dealerships.

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So sorry this happened.

I took the decision to avoid any reservation/order and waited until now to source an in-stock because I simply didn't trust the ordering process or the dealers. Just found a local dealer that was willing to sell at MSRP and drove off same day. Still was a PITA dealing with the dealer with their add-ons and overall shadiness, but escaped with just $450 over MSRP for a BS add-on.

At least as a walk-in you can walk-out if you're not happy.

Imagine you wait a year or more and go in and they try the same games, they know you won't want to walk after waiting all that time...

I agree with @Freedom5, this is why Ford will eventually be direct to consumer.

It's sad, because the domestic dealers have always been the worst to purchase from, hands down...

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Something similar happend to me with Damerow. They are trash.

jag2440

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That really sucks. I actually bought mine from the and was lucky enough to have no issues. Too bad there is no legal recourse.

Sponsored

jag2440

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To give you the short story, about a year ago my husband and I went into Damerow Ford (in Beaverton, Oregon) and ordered a Ford Bronco. We put a deposit down, signed a purchase agreement and were eventually assigned a VIN number tied directly to our name.

Fast forward to recent weeks, we were notified that our vehicle was finally being shipped and would arrive soon. We waited to hear from Damerow Ford about our vehicle but never got a call. Yesterday we contacted the dealership and asked if the car had arrived. Come to find out, they decided to sell it to someone else.

If you look into this, it is a big issue that is happening in the Ford community. Dealerships are not abiding to their agreements and selling cars out from underneath people who have put in custom orders. And, instead, selling them to other people at higher price points for their own personal gain.

Now, after waiting almost an ENTIRE year for the car. They provided us with no options other than to start the order process all over again.
That is some serious BS. I bought mine from Damerow as well but did not have to go through alot BS. Although their finance manager was a real dick to me.

Treghc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had a 2 door OBX on order with Damerow. Never got it. Looks like they sold to someone else. Communication was abysmal across the board. Would not recommend shopping there.

Not the end of the world, as I wound up with a 4 door OBX from somewhere else and I'm very happy I got the 4 door (pup has elbow dysplasia, so the extra ease of access for her is very nice).

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had a 2 door OBX on order with Damerow. Never got it. Looks like they sold to someone else. Communication was abysmal across the board. Would not recommend shopping there.

Not the end of the world, as I wound up with a 4 door OBX from somewhere else and I'm very happy I got the 4 door (pup has elbow dysplasia, so the extra ease of access for her is very nice).
I just had a horrible delivery experience with Dick Hannah Ford in Sandy, Oregon ongoing since last Thursday after a 2+ year wait. I’m too fired up to post about my whole ordeal but it may deserve it’s own thread 😂
Sponsored

Last edited: