First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After owning/wheeling numerous rigs of all makes over the years the Bronco is my first experience with a 4-link rear suspension. I'll soon be installing new suspension components including a Metalcloak adjustable rear track bar. I understand the concept of the track bar keeping the rear differential centered just not sure of the process to get there. Is the pinion on the pumpkin considered center? I presume center to be measured from the inside of the frame rails...is that correct? I presume center should be set with the wheels sitting on the ground? Am I missing anything?

TIA any input
Sponsored

OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talk to me goose...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our pinions are off centered so ignore that. I would measure off a fixed point on both sides, the lip of the wheels would be good, and go to the frame.

OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks TD. Wasn't sure if the pinion was of center. Wheel to frame makes sense. (y)

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you both for posting!

I'm installing my lift, Metcloak links and track bar soon, was there a need to get a track bar bracket? Or is that only needed if you don't have an adjustable aftermarket track bar??

Ford Bronco Adjustable Rear Track Bar Install Question 1683566179206

Sponsored
OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm installing my lift, Metcloak links and track bar soon, was there a need to get a track bar bracket? Or is that only needed if you don't have an adjustable aftermarket track bar??

Ford Bronco Adjustable Rear Track Bar Install Question 1683566179206
The Metalcloak adjustable does not need the bracket. I do believe that you are correct, the bracket is needed for the non-adjustable track bars.

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I run an adjustable track bar from Core 4x4, and the bracket from Rock Jock. Ran with just the adjustable bar for awhile, but handles a bit better with both. Here’s a peek, the bar runs more parallel with the axle with the bracket.
Ford Bronco Adjustable Rear Track Bar Install Question IMG_3346

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Metalcloak adjustable does not need the bracket. I do believe that you are correct, the bracket is needed for the non-adjustable track bars.
IF you add much lift you will want the added bracket. Keeping the track bar as close to parallel as possible minimizes the rear end side shuffle as the suspension articulates.

OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the input guys, good info. I'm planning going up 2" max on the rear so should be good w/o the bracket.

Dwiyrick

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“22 badlands, SAS, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Adjustable Rear Track Bar Install Question IMG_3346
What did you end up doing with this? I was assuming there would be no need for a track bar relocation if you have an adjustable track bar.
How much lift did you do? Did you drop front diff?

Sponsored
OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did you end up doing with this? I was assuming there would be no need for a track bar relocation if you have an adjustable track bar.
An adjustable trac bar only should be suffice for lifts up to 2" to center the rear end. Over 2" of lift would recommend the relocation bracket as the adjustable trac bar does nothing to compensate for the angle of the trac bar in relation to the axle. To avoid bump steer, the trac bar should be as close to horizontal as possible which the relocation bracket accomplishes.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed the RockJock drop bracket. Had to wait to install it since the Radflos had too short of min compression. Ran the Radflos 2” lift over SAS. I could feel the bump steer on the hwy. I also have all MetalCloak arms/trackbar in the rear.

Just installed icon CDEVs, the track bar bracket, Broncbuster hoss 3 rack and Spicer front axles, last part arrives today so I can get it on the road. I set the front to 2.75” over SAS and rear 2.25” over SAS. Can’t wait to test it out!

Dwiyrick

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“22 badlands, SAS, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the RockJock drop bracket. Had to wait to install it since the Radflos had too short of min compression. Ran the Radflos 2” lift over SAS. I could feel the bump steer on the hwy. I also have all MetalCloak arms/trackbar in the rear.

Just installed icon CDEVs, the track bar bracket, Broncbuster hoss 3 rack and Spicer front axles, last part arrives today so I can get it on the road. I set the front to 2.75” over SAS and rear 2.25” over SAS. Can’t wait to test it out!
Sounds like a great build - you just use preload to set height? Will be curious about your thoughts on the CDEVs....Look awesome.
I am thinking King or Fox at the moment. Wondering if I even need an adjustable track bar if I relocate? not going up too far - just enough to for 37's.

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you do the install on the Broncbuster rack yourself?
I'm considering that one...

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a great build - you just use preload to set height? Will be curious about your thoughts on the CDEVs....Look awesome.
I am thinking King or Fox at the moment. Wondering if I even need an adjustable track bar if I relocate? not going up too far - just enough to for 37's.
Thanks! Yeah, preload to adjust resting height. I set just below the max rating for the shocks just for a starting point. It'll take some time to get adjusted to the final preload setting, then I'll get an alignment.

With the Radflos (pictured below) my rear track bar looked great with the bracket, haven't looked at it now that the Icons are installed, I did the bracket as the first step of the teardown. I had to adjust the trackbar to its shortest setting to keep aligned, only an alignment will tell if I was close.

Ford Bronco Adjustable Rear Track Bar Install Question IMG_1210.JPG

Ford Bronco Adjustable Rear Track Bar Install Question IMG_1212.JPG
Sponsored