Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My impression is that ADV's intent was to try to make something as close as they could get to what the Ford/Webasto top was supposed to be. So, noise levels will probably be comparable to the Ford/Webasto top, if you're comparing it to a non-defective version.

Patriot Fastbacks makes a big point of their tops being exceptionally sturdy, well-insulated, and quiet. Being a cranky old man that doesn't like any excessive, unnecessary noise, that is a very big selling point for me. ADV's hope of getting me to consider buyi8ng their product rather than Patriot's, rested on being able to offer it at a much lower price. So far, looks like they're going to fail at that.

I also don't like the back slant on ADV's product, cutting into my cargo space. I'm going to have a lot of stuff that I need to carry in that space. At least it's not nearly as bad as that abomination that South Florida Jeeps is trying to sell for $9250.
The Patriot top looks like a lot of thought has gone into it. It appears to be taller than any offering from any source which would translate into more cargo space and an overall more spacious feeling.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They already announced in one of their earlier posts (I think week 4) that they will not be offering it pre-painted in body colours due to challenges in colour matching.
My understanding is they offer it in primer and you find your own shop to do the painting. I'm betting the pricing shown today is for the most basic top, so painting will have you reaching pretty deep into your pocket.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Patriot top looks like a lot of thought has gone into it. It appears to be taller than any offering from any source which would translate into more cargo space and an overall more spacious feeling.
I like the big Patriot hardtop, some dont and thats fine but I agree with this opinion. I will say I recall seeing a post here at some point where Patriot estimated $4500-$5500 depending on options so sadly I dont think it will be much more affordable in the end.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Full on baiting people..... They knew the info 6 weeks ago and refused to address it. Even today they still have not released the full price info, only the "base" price

I'm sure the product is top quality, just think it's a bad rollout.
At this point, it's getting easier to question everything, especially now that I know Patriot is another option.

Sponsored

JDWeevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it, but 7k is a bit steep when its under 1k from the factory, and the talk I have heard from the dealerships (more than 1s) is a bit more like 12 to 1500 plus shipping. I would think there would be more outside competitors as well by then, but in the meantime, get what you can and good luck to you.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like it, but 7k is a bit steep when its under 1k from the factory, and the talk I have heard from the dealerships (more than 1s) is a bit more like 12 to 1500 plus shipping. I would think there would be more outside competitors as well by then, but in the meantime, get what you can and good luck to you.
You are smoking crack if you think the hardtop will ever be $1200 to $1500.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go ahead and get that in writing for us, m’kay?

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No it's not. The UPGRADE is $700 not the full cost of the top.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some folks are just never going to get that.

If you buy a plane ticket for $500, and when you check in at the gate they offer you a 1st class upgrade for $100, it does not mean that a 1st class ticket costs $100.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a small scale hand laid fiberglass top like this is versus an industrial scale operation like Webasto this is probably right in the ball park pricing wise.
6g never fails to disappoint. What did people expect for a: first to market, designed from scratch, hand built top in a material shortage market? And don't forget about the hundreds of R&D hours that will need to be recooperated through a niche market.

And for the outraged "aftermarket Jeep tops are only $xxxx!" crowd, oh, you mean the companies that have been making a top for a model that has barely changed in the past 15 years are able to offer a cheaper product. Who would have thought.

These are the same people that will be whining in a few years that there is no Bronco aftermarket support because they ran them all off.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mod top, more like 7-8k 😂
The thing with the mod top though is that you will be able to buy it already painted and it will have 3 removable sections and the clamshell. It will have all of the wiper/defrost hookups and possibly more. if you order it on your build, no extra shipping charge driving the price higher. Ford will back the warranty on not only the top, but the wiper defrost is already installed, eliminating another headache.

JDWeevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see what your saying, but I still don't believe the soft top from Ford would cost you 5k and the modular 5800 for the upgrade which is what they would be assuming to be competitive.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thing with the mod top though is that you will be able to buy it already painted and it will have 3 removable sections and the clamshell. It will have all of the wiper/defrost hookups and possibly more. if you order it on your build, no extra shipping charge driving the price higher. Ford will back the warranty on not only the top, but the wiper defrost is already installed, eliminating another headache.
Speaking of “vaporware”…
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.