Djrun33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Short-ish version of the story: I was under impression i was getting dual-tops, including hard top and OEM soft top on order. Took delivery in early August and soft top hadn't arrived at dealer yet. When I went to pick it up a few weeks later, took it home and saw it was the Trektop. Dealer seems unclear on how to facilitate a swap. Gave me number for "Bronco Support", who i called and they told me I need to work with Dealer. Any advice on either who I can reach out to or what I can recommend to my dealer to get the swap-done? I have not opened the packaging for the Trektop.

Additional details for anyone still reading...Dealer seems like he's trying to help....indicates he's reached out to Mother Ford multiple times and can't get an answer. For Customer Support line says they can't do anything about dealer orders but that the dealer should be able to swap it out. Went back and looked at the order form and it says, "Top/Retractable/Full Twill Sft". I'm not sure how I was supposed to know that this was the Trektop and not the actual OEM soft top.

I realize I can go find an OEM one on the secondary market and then also sell mine on the secondary market, but feel like Ford should be able to make this right. Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't see why so many people dislike the Trektop but yes, that's the one you ordered and the one Ford delivered. I'm not sure there is an OEM soft top package available after the fact without buying the equivalent of all the replacement parts.

Imo your best bet is to see if the dealer can return the trek top for you and pocket the money to buy an OEM top off someone. If they won't then embrace it or sell/trade it off and then decide what you want afterwards.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see why so many people dislike the Trektop
It's a good top. A lot of people are hung up on the slant back. I like the slant back, but I'm jealous of the easy opening of the Ford top. Not like I have any choice in the matter of course.
Sponsored