SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Email confirmation I received from Ford, shows different exterior color from what I agreed. I contacted my dealer and they said they will change/update the order to reflect the color I had picked. Should I expect new email confirmation from Ford? How can I verify they will build it with color I chose?
Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As long as you donā€™t have a vin than color can be changed. So if the email you got was an order confirmation than youā€™re fine. If you got an email with production date and vin then no color change for you. (Cue the soup man)

[EDIT: RubiconSasquatch corrected me below and said itā€™s possible until your actually in production!]

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as you donā€™t have a vin than color can be changed. So if the email you got was an order confirmation than youā€™re fine. If you got an email with production date and vin then no color change for you. (Cue the soup man)
Color can still be changed after you get a VIN. Not once it's moved to in production, though. I saw this with my own eyes on my own order, after I had a VIN.

Sponsored

Untrained Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19ā€™ Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Between my order date and the date I got my VIN, I changed my order 3 times. You will not get a new email, but once you get the VIN, it will show the correct details.

You should get an updated order form, like mentioned above, which will have the new, or correct details. I also made sure our agreed price was written on it each time.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Color should be on the build sheet along with the agreed upon price. If you didn't sign a document with a price is worry about that before a color.

HOOTERVILLE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150, 15 MALIBU, 07 STREETGLIDE, 22 Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Base
I periodically signed on to my Ford account and would look at My Order. At some point I noticed the color of the Bronco on the screen that was representing the one I have on order had changed color. I emailed my Dealer and asked him to verify what I had on order and fix it if needed. Turns out that another salesman tried to change the color on a different order but typed in the wrong order number. So if I hadn't noticed, they would have had two unhappy customers. But I would like to point out that after they changed it back...I did receive an email from Ford advising that my order had been updated.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Color can still be changed after you get a VIN. Not once it's moved to in production, though. I saw this with my own eyes on my own order, after I had a VIN.
Whoa! Good to know.
So youā€™re saying I should still work on my wife to get her to agree to switch to a real colorā€¦ šŸ¤” šŸ˜

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every time I've made a change I get an updated DORA. It's up to your dealer to do that. If they don't, ask them for it. One dealer I have an order with will send me an updated DORA and request I sign and date to confirm the changes.

OP
OP

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Every time I've made a change I get an updated DORA. It's up to your dealer to do that. If they don't, ask them for it. One dealer I have an order with will send me an updated DORA and request I sign and date to confirm the changes.
I think I won't ask for updated DORA this time, since the error occured when they entered the order for Ford.

jmjoyas

Big Bend
First Name
Joyas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSport, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, 2010 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I won't ask for updated DORA this time, since the error occured when they entered the order for Ford.
The DORA is supposed to be from the Ford system and so your order should have already been entered in the system.
Are you sure you have the DORA or did someone at the dealership change the color after the fact.

OP
OP

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The DORA is supposed to be from the Ford system and so your order should have already been entered in the system.
Are you sure you have the DORA or did someone at the dealership change the color after the fact.
Thanks for enlightening me lol. I thought the preview printout with Ford logo on top left hand corner was the DORA, but I was wrong. I asked my salesperson to email me a copy. Let's see what he responds.

Coyotedave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I periodically signed on to my Ford account and would look at My Order. At some point I noticed the color of the Bronco on the screen that was representing the one I have on order had changed color. I emailed my Dealer and asked him to verify what I had on order and fix it if needed. Turns out that another salesman tried to change the color on a different order but typed in the wrong order number. So if I hadn't noticed, they would have had two unhappy customers. But I would like to point out that after they changed it back...I did receive an email from Ford advising that my order had been updated.
My ford account keeps saying I have no reservations or orders. I ordered at the dealer. Why would it say I have nothing?
Sponsored