First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Ford Focus RS, 2 door first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer was also having a hard time ordering my FE today since it was locked like some other members on this forum. So They contacted ford while I was there and they were informed that it should hopefully be fixed tomorrow. I did not want a late delivery, so I was going to order the navy pier interior and mic top. However whoever they were talking to at Ford also told the dealer to expect a late delivery on all FE trims, even the ones without the modular top or black interior. it would not be as late as those options, but it would still be a later in the year delivery. Has anyone else heard this? I received my reservation early on launch day and I am number one out of 130 reservations at my dealer...if the FE is going to be a late delivery anyway, I may just consider a badlands at this point so that I can get it sooner. Has anyone else heard this?
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's been mentioned on here that ordering process for the FEs was going to be a little different. They don't count in the allocation calculations. I don't know how true that is but it could explain why the ordering wasn't working.

The FE does have a bunch of the "commodity restraint" items; Sasquatch, 2.7, etc. They're not late availability but have been noted as maybe slowing down delivery of Broncos.

I don't know that I'd put a ton of stock in it being significantly delayed. But the sentiment that's being shared here and I agree with is, don't get hung up on delivery date. Order what you're going to be happy with and take delivery when it happens. We don't have much ability to affect that outcome anyway.

You have an FE reservation. You are guaranteed to get it this year and picking the non 'late availability' items will put you much further up the FE delivery list. Switching to Badlands may actually hurt you if it drops you into the pool with us commoners. :p

OP
OP
Bellebracht

Bellebracht

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Ford Focus RS, 2 door first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I appreciate your response and opinion! You make some very good points. I was just surprised to hear directly from ford it would be a later delivery no matter how you spec it out. I'll likely complete my order next week, we'll see!

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford should rename the First Edition to Late Edition.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I appreciate your response and opinion! You make some very good points. I was just surprised to hear directly from ford it would be a later delivery no matter how you spec it out. I'll likely complete my order next week, we'll see!
I would not equate what some one "who works at Ford" says with an official Ford statement. Just like dealers and people all over this forum have been doing, they can easily read " the following items are expected to be in high demand and MAY cause delayed delivery," and then keep telling people that those items WILL cause delayed delivery.
Sponsored