Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Throwing rocks and thin carcasses are fair game though. I also went from the K02s to Goodyears...
You're the first poster I've come across who went from K02s to Goodyears. Usually the reverse!
I just did a 3/4 mile rough rocky New England hillside trail* on my GY Territories, and got my 4th flat! I had three in Utah, and now one in Massachusetts, 9 months/17K miles. This trail had challenging uneven rocks, plus lots of mud and wet leaves, not much in wood debris, and somehow I got a puncture on my left-front, close to the sidewall, but not so tight it couldn't be patched. I'll wear the GYs down, will probably go to K02s.

Noise? GYs very acceptable, but the Trailrax + PackRax sides are adding a lot of wind noise now (4-DR, Badlands Sas, MIC top).

Upside: changing the tire ran me late, tried out my Rigid trail lights in real-need circumstances, worked great!

*Called the "Ma Bell" trail in Northampton, MA.
Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picture below show the rather major difference in contact patch between the two tires that are supposedly the same size. The Goodyear mts look narrow in comparison to KO2s

FC2D50D3-213D-4FBA-BD17-44C2E50A257F.jpeg

643AF617-0527-40C9-9126-0D729E374641.jpeg

C610B9B4-D456-4C2E-B1DB-ACC9E77BA879.jpeg
I will say, appearance-wise, the K0s look more aggressive--the additional cleats on the sidewall. I wonder if that makes much difference in mud or snow.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're the first poster I've come across who went from K02s to Goodyears. Usually the reverse!
I just did a 3/4 mile rough rocky New England hillside trail* on my GY Territories, and got my 4th flat! I had three in Utah, and now one in Massachusetts, 9 months/17K miles. This trail had challenging uneven rocks, plus lots of mud and wet leaves, not much in wood debris, and somehow I got a puncture on my left-front, close to the sidewall, but not so tight it couldn't be patched. I'll wear the GYs down, will probably go to K02s.

Noise? GYs very acceptable, but the Trailrax + PackRax sides are adding a lot of wind noise now (4-DR, Badlands Sas, MIC top).

Upside: changing the tire ran me late, tried out my Rigid trail lights in real-need circumstances, worked great!

*Called the "Ma Bell" trail in Northampton, MA.
I only did it because I wanted the beadlock wheels and the tires came on them, so I figured I'd give them a chance.
Sponsored