Sponsored

Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both?

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The GY on my SAS really suck! I live down on the farm in Iowa and I have 3/4 mile of gravel road I picked new Bronco up and drove home. These pictures are from less than one mile on gravel road; each tire has over 100 rocks stuck in the tread. The tires are terrible this should not happen; this has to be bad engineering in tread design. WHO SHOULD I BLAME FOR THESE POS TIRES ON MY NEW BRONCO? GOODYEAR? FORD? OR BOTH?

I have had many F150 and SUV have used BFG, Falken, NItto, Bridgestone and none of these tires would pickup rocks. Yes maybe 1 or 2 or a few but not hundreds of rocks! Ford did you drive pre production Broncos on gravel with these tires? If you did and approved these tires you better get your heads examined!

Ford please send me a check now so I can replace them. Message me I will give you my address to send check to.

1 (5).jpg
1 (6).jpg
1 (7).jpg
1 (8).jpg
You have a better shot at Ford actually paving that road for you than getting them to buy you new tires.
Sponsored

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This problem did not go unnoticed by me. My Wildtrak is due to arrive soon. I already have the replacement tires and wheel waiting. Nice big open lugs.
Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? 316003377_5516647108403962_4811065282125224138_n

SHO4CY

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150 Screw Fx4 3.5 EB
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@F150rubyred Hello fellow Ankeny resident. I just put these tires on my 17' F150 with Raptor takeoff rims. I had the original KO2's for about three years and they needed to be replaced. If your interested in selling Goodyear tires let me know.

Some good general info for comparison between the 315/70/R17 KO2's vs the Goodyear MT. The KO2's are 10 lbs per tire heavier. While they both are listed at 34.4 inches tall, the KO2's are slightly taller and noticeably wider than the Goodyears (I'd guess about 1.5 - 2"). The Goodyears are slightly quieter. The ride on the Goodyears is slightly more plush (probably due to the weight even though both tires are listed as Class C). I don't regularly drive on gravel so I can't comment on any difference there, but I'd guess the KO2's perform much better as far as keeping rocks out of the tread. So far both seem to be pretty equal in snow, but the Goodyear seems to be slightly better in the wet.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Some good general info for comparison between the 315/70/R17 KO2's vs the Goodyear MT. The KO2's are 10 lbs per tire heavier. While they both are listed at 34.4 inches tall, the KO2's are slightly taller and noticeably wider than the Goodyears (I'd guess about 1.5 - 2"). The Goodyears are slightly quieter.
Thats the other thing about these POS tires, they are not close to other "35s". Very noticeably shorter and narrower. Thats why they are lighter. They don't measure up to their own specs.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find that a ton of people on this site just need something to bitch about. Hell, if we took away everything there is to bitch about, they'd bitch that there is nothing to bitch about. Welcome to modern times where there is nearly zero appreciation for such an awesome new vehicle that has so much to offer. Everyone wants to spread the hate.......... Hey! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
Can I have an AMEN to this post! Tell ya what, for all of you stone hedge folks, I will be glad to drive to your home and take your Bronco so this will no longer be an issue. I won't charge you for the service. Just let me know when to be there.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree my last Black Diamond tires were way over inflated from dealer. I aired the General Grabbers down to 32 psi and much better ride also.
I always air up for hwy driving. I like to run at 40 PSI. Also run my trailer to max PSI.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to learn about this! But, not surprised= I will never own Goodyear passenger/truck tires EVER again. Lucky for us, we got Bridgestone's on our Base delivered 10/17/22. Goodyear ag tires ok.....they sold the name to Titan. Have to think they are hurting; pbly cut Ford a deal they couldn't (but, should have) "refused"...for Quality reasons, at least, imo.
I had issues with the Bridgstone's on my wife's JK. Easy to puncher, weak side walls. I still have the spare, knock on wood, I don't have to use it before the Bronco gets here. I got rid of those for Good years and like you will not buy any more of them.

PaulMedik

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.valleysportspics.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My parking area at home is gravel and I have no issues with the tires. I prefer Goodyear Duratracs, but these are fine.

SHO4CY

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thats the other thing about these POS tires, they are not close to other "35s". Very noticeably shorter and narrower. Thats why they are lighter. They don't measure up to their own specs.
@Ksjrb03 The height difference isn't very noticeable really. It's the width that is very obvious. Another fun side note, the C class KO2's are just as heavy as some of the D and E class tires 😮

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@F150rubyred Hello fellow Ankeny resident. I just put these tires on my 17' F150 with Raptor takeoff rims. I had the original KO2's for about three years and they needed to be replaced. If your interested in selling Goodyear tires let me know.

Some good general info for comparison between the 315/70/R17 KO2's vs the Goodyear MT. The KO2's are 10 lbs per tire heavier. While they both are listed at 34.4 inches tall, the KO2's are slightly taller and noticeably wider than the Goodyears (I'd guess about 1.5 - 2"). The Goodyears are slightly quieter. The ride on the Goodyears is slightly more plush (probably due to the weight even though both tires are listed as Class C). I don't regularly drive on gravel so I can't comment on any difference there, but I'd guess the KO2's perform much better as far as keeping rocks out of the tread. So far both seem to be pretty equal in snow, but the Goodyear seems to be slightly better in the wet.
I find the Goodyear's are better than KO2's in the snow up here in Canada, maybe Iowa's snow is different? lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I find the Goodyear's are better than KO2's in the snow up here in Canada, maybe Iowa's snow is different? lol
I have no snow driving with the GY and the Bronco does not see bad weather I have a GX460 for that I found the Kenda AT and Falken Wildpeaks to out perform the BFG KO2

SHO4CY

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Hemisfear I have not been able to run the GY in much snow yet. From the little I have they seem to be as good as the KO2. Once I get a full winter of driving in more snow I'll be able to provide a more complete opinion. Either way, both of these are way better than the junk Hankook Dynapro AT2's that came on my F150 from the factory. Those were Horrible in winter! I had to put 5 tubes of sand in the back just to make them decently driveable.

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been happy overall with the Goodyear territory mt. I put mud flaps on in the first 10 miles of ownership as I knew the tires were very prone to picking up/flinging rocks. I have noticed that after the tires get some wear that they don't seem to pick up the rocks quite as bad and will say that they are also notedly grippier than KO2's that I have run in the past "on and off-road". Sure there are better tires out there, but for what they are I am pleased.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The GY on my SAS really suck! I live down on the farm in Iowa and I have 3/4 mile of gravel road I picked new Bronco up and drove home. These pictures are from less than one mile on gravel road; each tire has over 100 rocks stuck in the tread. The tires are terrible this should not happen; this has to be bad engineering in tread design. WHO SHOULD I BLAME FOR THESE POS TIRES ON MY NEW BRONCO? GOODYEAR? FORD? OR BOTH?

I have had many F150 and SUV have used BFG, Falken, NItto, Bridgestone and none of these tires would pickup rocks. Yes maybe 1 or 2 or a few but not hundreds of rocks! Ford did you drive pre production Broncos on gravel with these tires? If you did and approved these tires you better get your heads examined!

Ford please send me a check now so I can replace them. Message me I will give you my address to send check to.

Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? 316003377_5516647108403962_4811065282125224138_n
You have only yourself to blame, they are called mud tires for a reason. Any and all tires get full of rocks on gravel roads, the difference with these is larger rocks. What did you expect?
Sponsored