First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The best all purpose tires are BF Goodrich All Terrain KOs. I had them on a piece of junk '00 4x4 on a day when heavy storms and a tornado hit the Brazos Valley. I had to cross a creek running 2 1/2' over the 2 lane road to get home and got through it while other trucks didn't. They'll dig ruts on your land, but they won't leave you immobile.
Sponsored

HEBronco

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 HE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm on my 3rd pair of the original Duratracs (315/70/17) on my 2008 JKU, I rotate at least every 10K miles and they wear great. I got 65K miles out of my last set and could have gotten another 10K out of them if I wanted to take them down to the legal limits. I get 150 to 200" of snow at my place every year and tires are awesome in the snow. I think the key is to regularly rotate them and they will perform great.

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my OEM Goodyear Territory M/Ts now for 27k miles and love 'em. I have a good mix of highway and off-road miles and I've had zero concerns. Definitely gonna replace with the OEM Territory's in the future.
Same here. 25K miles of city, highway, off road, rocks, rain and snow, best tires I have ever had. Especially impressive in rain and snow.
Adding to this that they are the lightest tire in the category, there is no way I am running anything else.

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good catch! Yes, looks like the non-RT version. I wonder what the differences are?
Australian comparision video here

I got a set of 285/75R17 a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to scribble anything up yet, but I like them so far.

Lots of people are mixing them up with the original Duratracs.

Duratrac-RTs 285/75R17 and Ford Performance Lift

IMG_3443.jpeg

Last edited:

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm on my 3rd pair of the original Duratracs (315/70/17) on my 2008 JKU, I rotate at least every 10K miles and they wear great. I got 65K miles out of my last set and could have gotten another 10K out of them if I wanted to take them down to the legal limits. I get 150 to 200" of snow at my place every year and tires are awesome in the snow. I think the key is to regularly rotate them and they will perform great.
This.

First set I had was on my '13 JK and they went over 60K, rotated every 10K. They dig in snow so well that many times it wasn't necessary to engage the front axle.

Sponsored

denneyt

Black Diamond
First Name
tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Goodyear recently introduced a new tire model to the rugged-terrain category.

The Wrangler DuraTrac RT is the latest evolution of Goodyear's DuraTrac line. Designed for drivers that see a mix of conditions, this rugged-terrain tire offers impressive versatility and capability. Whether traversing off-road trails or diverse weather conditions, the DuraTrac RT is built to perform. The Wrangler DuraTrac RT delivers with fresh updates to meet the needs enthusiasts have been asking for. Its robust construction includes DuPont™ Kevlar® tread protection and a 3-ply DurawallⓇ sidewall for enhanced puncture and tear resilience. With a focus on functionality and durability, the Wrangler DuraTrac RT inspires confidence and control for on- and off-road driving experiences!

If you're running a set of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT tires on your Ford Bronco, we'd love for you to share your thoughts along with a picture or two!

Ford Bronco NEW: Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT Tires IMG_3443

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT
UTQG: 500 B/B (SL & XL Load Ranges Only)
Mileage Warranty: 55,000

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT Sizes and Specs | Discount Tire

-KEY FEATURES-

Extra Strength from DuPont™ Kevlar® that helps protect against tread damage
All-Around Toughness with a 3-ply a sidewall paired with Durawall® sidewall compound
Proven Tread Pattern with even more biting edges than before
Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake Designation (3PMSF)
Goodyear 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
curious if this addresses the wear issues goodyear truck tires have, I don't think I've ever removed a set of goodyear tires off a vehicle that didn't have some kind of cupping or uneven wear.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I got a set of 285/75R17 a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to scribble anything up yet, but I like them so far.

View attachment 599754
Looks really nice, love the black wheels. Did you have to buy a brake light extension or did it fit ok?

I'm on the OBX 18's and am toying with 285/70R18.

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_3443.jpeg
Your Bronco looks great. What’s the weight per tire on those 285’s?

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My god the tire weighs over 75lbs for load range c
No wonder it’s 60,000 mile warranty it’s got 23 POUNDS MORE TREAD than a stick tire!!!!
Yeah, the weights are crazy, but for me it looks like they are going to make a 34 inch option that isn't E load rated. Only option currently is the Toyos and I'm not a fan, so a new option that is this tire and hopefully at least performs as well as the AT3 in snow, etc is a HUGE win IMO.

Could the weight also be due to the 3 ply sidewall on the lt sizes? Second look... It doesn't say that all lt sizes have the 3 ply sidewall, so who knows.

Ford Bronco NEW: Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac RT Tires 1704937664986

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My god the tire weighs over 75lbs for load range c
No wonder it’s 60,000 mile warranty it’s got 23 POUNDS MORE TREAD than a stick tire!!!!
Stupid heavy for an LRC 35" tire. Not that I like BFG KO2's, but 37x12.50x17 in LRC is only 65 pounds.

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got a set a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to scribble anything up yet, but I like them so far.
Looks really nice, love the black wheels. Did you have to buy a brake light extension or did it fit ok?

I'm on the OBX 18's and am toying with 285/70R18.
Thanks. They fit
Your Bronco looks great. What’s the weight per tire on those 285’s?
63lbs.

Kakes11

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
: )
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I had the last generation on my Hummer H3 (315/75R16). They were quite and did well in the snow.
Sponsored