Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Cactus Grey Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I originally posted this in confusion on here, wondering why my grille came with amber lights. After posting, I deleted it to be considerate of possibly spoiling an upcoming RTR product release. After messaging RTR looks like it was a mistake, but they told me to keep the amber if I like them, which I do. So here it is. The only amber one as far as I know.

Ford Bronco Amber RTR Bronco Grille IMG_3195
Sponsored

Iamthedan1989

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly I've been waiting for this since I have the non-signature headlights!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been waiting for that for a while I’m glad the finally are going to do it. It’ll look way better on the raptor.

OP
OP
drogothegsd

drogothegsd

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great with your ditch and fog lights.

Here is our rig. We ordered the color match paint for logo.

Ford Bronco Amber RTR Bronco Grille IMG_0927
Ford Bronco Amber RTR Bronco Grille IMG_0927
Looks good! Thought about it myself but it was a minimal color difference with the cactus grey.

Sponsored

bp021590

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BL SAS, 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey there drogothegsd. I actually just installed my RTR Grill last night and have the same amber lights. I'm undecided on keeping them, the color does go with the badlands badge and orange interior accents though. I'm putting a bumper on as well but don't want to button it all up and then decide to change the DRLs. Did they offer to send you replacement DRLs if you wanted them?
Ford Bronco Amber RTR Bronco Grille thumbnail_20240205_211129

OP
OP
drogothegsd

drogothegsd

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey there drogothegsd. I actually just installed my RTR Grill last night and have the same amber lights. I'm undecided on keeping them, the color does go with the badlands badge and orange interior accents though. I'm putting a bumper on as well but don't want to button it all up and then decide to change the DRLs. Did they offer to send you replacement DRLs if you wanted them?
Yes they offered to exchange them with the white ones. My only concern would be that when you installed the lights, they used self threading screws! Just food for thought. Not sure if this will make the lights not as snug if they don’t send a whole new grille. I plan on keeping mine amber personally, I think it looks good with the non signature headlights, but for your case with the signatures white def looks better. Sounds like somebody messed up a batch

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes they offered to exchange them with the white ones. My only concern would be that when you installed the lights, they used self threading screws! Just food for thought. Not sure if this will make the lights not as snug if they don’t send a whole new grille. I plan on keeping mine amber personally, I think it looks good with the non signature headlights, but for your case with the signatures white def looks better. Sounds like somebody messed up a batch
For you or others that have the amber lights what emits the orange glow? Is in the outer shell that is tinted or is it the led itself that is emits the orange?

bp021590

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BL SAS, 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For you or others that have the amber lights what emits the orange glow? Is in the outer shell that is tinted or is it the led itself that is emits the orange?
The LEDs themselves are amber in color. The lenses are still clear/white.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wish they’d sell just the lights for the grille. I have the amber Morimoto lights and have had my rtr grille lights unplugged because I think they looked funny together being white with amber headlight halos.

Sponsored

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally posted this in confusion on here, wondering why my grille came with amber lights. After posting, I deleted it to be considerate of possibly spoiling an upcoming RTR product release. After messaging RTR looks like it was a mistake, but they told me to keep the amber if I like them, which I do. So here it is. The only amber one as far as I know.

May I ask what bull bar that is? I found that the OEM bull bar presses against the RTR Grille. Thank you!

OP
OP
drogothegsd

drogothegsd

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

May I ask what bull bar that is? I found that the OEM bull bar presses against the RTR Grille. Thank you!
It’s the OEM one. It rests against the badge only which wasn’t a big deal to me. I’ll just paint it. If you don’t want that then you can always just not put on the badge.

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a picture of what happened to my grille when I had the bull bar on. I didn’t place the RTR badge on and that’s probably why.

Ford Bronco Amber RTR Bronco Grille IMG_1291

OP
OP
drogothegsd

drogothegsd

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is a picture of what happened to my grille when I had the bull bar on. I didn’t place the RTR badge on and that’s probably why.

Ford Bronco Amber RTR Bronco Grille IMG_1291
I see. Yeah I’m gonna keep an eye on mine with the badge on. If I notice any wear like this I will definitely be taking it off and probably replacing it with one of the DV8 ones. Thanks for the heads up!
Sponsored