First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi R8, 23 corvette Z06, bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After speaking with "Real Truck" suggesting that the AMP XL Power Running Boards WOULD work without a problem I ordered and installed.
After completing install & last step install fuse to power- the steps went up and stowed but do not deploy when doors are opened and LED lights don't work.
Anyone install them successfully on a Bronco Raptor?
Thinking it may be a problem wiring OBD ll connector under the dash? Connected power step connection module ( that plugs into OBD) white wire to under dash Grey/Orange wire and Blue connection module wire to Purple/Orange as indicated for non Raptor Bronco...
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After speaking with "Real Truck" suggesting that the AMP XL Power Running Boards WOULD work without a problem I ordered and installed.
After completing install & last step install fuse to power- the steps went up and stowed but do not deploy when doors are opened and LED lights don't work.
Thinking it may be a problem wiring OBD ll connector under the dash? Connected power step connection module ( that plugs into OBD) white wire to under dash Grey/Orange wire and Blue connection module wire to Purple/Orange as indicated for non Raptor Bronco...
Sorry I don’t have an answer for you but what you describe is typically related to bad connections connections especially the grounds.

I was considering the Amp steps but ultimately went with the competition because the OBD connection and their modifications to the factory wiring were both a big turn off for me.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was considering the Amp steps but ultimately went with the competition because the OBD connection and their modifications to the factory wiring were both a big turn off for me.
Zero mods to the factory wiring. Much easier than running wires for stick on magnets.

I'd double check the wire connectors. Should go to #6 and #7 I believe. It's been over a year so going from memory. Make sure they are making contact.

Ford Bronco AMP XL Power running boards on my 2023 Bronco Raptor 1714346320981-d6

Ford Bronco AMP XL Power running boards on my 2023 Bronco Raptor 1714346195824-c0

dblotb

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are a few braptor owners who successfully installed them herehttps://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-raptor-amp-power-boards.66097/

I just received my steps today, let me know if you figure out the fix.

OP
OP

roatanbronco

Raptor
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you so much for your reply’s and suggestions. The main reason I chose the Amp steps were to avoid the magnets.
there is only one ground connection close to the battery, so it has to be the under dash contacts at 6 & 7 which I believe I connected to. I’ll double check the contacts and hope I can solve. Looks like u didn’t use the “pinch connectors”
Supplied with the kit for those connections. Maybe that’s my problem🤞🤞🤞

Sponsored

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would bet on the pinch connectors. if you have a voltmeter, or a friend with one I’d check out the connections.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you tap into the wire under your dash board? If not, that's why they won't deploy. You have to tap into that wire. And if you DID tap in, you might not have tapped properly and it's not making a connection to the wire. It can be tricky to get in there.

The ODB II connector isn't what actually deploys it, the 2 wires that tap under the dash do (1 for driver side, 1 for passenger side)

BTW for anybody looking for some AMP Steps, let us know. We sell them and regularly have discounts on them

OP
OP

roatanbronco

Raptor
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for your reply! Yes I taped into the two wires in position 6 &7
White wire tapes into grey with Orange stripe and blue into purple with orange
Using the supplied “posi-tap” connector's.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd double check the wire connectors. Should go to #6 and #7 I believe. It's been over a year so going from memory. Make sure they are making contact.
Looking at that pinout, 6 and 7 are CAN bus wires. You should not tap anything into those.

Now, it may well be that the door switches are CAN driven - like high beams and a lot of the headlight stuff. But that means you can't tap into them like a regular 12V signal. CAN is a digital data link, and it will not behave like a traditional relay/switch.

OP
OP

roatanbronco

Raptor
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s interesting, again those are the wires others here have said worked and AMP also instructions say the same for the regular Bronco.
I am at a complete loss. Checked with a voltmeter and have a good connection. Which was suggested, and no luck. I reached back out to Real Truck/Amp and now they are saying they will not work for the Bronco Raptor. Asked when there would be a “fix”
Or speak to their technician And was told no time soon. For all their products they only have one engineer and he doesn’t return internal emails let alone take phone calls or customer emails..

Sponsored

dblotb

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m going to try installing the amp steps later today. But after reading your post I’m just going to try wiring the motors to the car to see if they work before removing the current running boards.

OP
OP

roatanbronco

Raptor
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Smart move! Please let me know if you can get them working

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not understanding what would be different on a Raptor. It's not like there are a bunch of options that aren't available on a regular Bronco.

dblotb

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Motors work just fine.

OP
OP

roatanbronco

Raptor
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s crazy! Omar, yours is a Raptor correct? And
Did you connect the white wire to the orange and grey wire and the blue to the purple and Orange?
Sponsored