First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F350, Audi Q7, Porsche Macan Turbo, 9114S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In December, 2023 I installed the Anderson Composites Hardtop ordered in April, 2023. Overall, very pleased with the top and impressed with the significant wind noise reduction from my factory soft top. As seen in one pic, I have a 50" Baja Designs roof light bar (purchased from 4x4TruckLEDs.com - love those guys) with an AeroLidz light cover. The cover helped significantly with wind noise, but it remained quite loud. The hard top made a huge impact.

A few notes based on my experience:
- Very simple install - was able to do mostly myself, with my wife and daughter easily helping lift the rear piece onto the Bronco
- Adjustment of the latch bolts was required to effectively latch (loosened)
- Every 6-8 weeks I've had to tighten the latch bolts to reduce increasing wind noise. Makes a big difference, but unsure how that will impact ease of latching / unlatching when removing panels (Flagstaff has been cold! Will update post as the weather warms...)
- Pictures illustrate non-uniform gaps of rear window. Anderson customer service says this can be adjusted by reinstalling the window latches, but advises customers not to do so. I haven't yet tried. (They also offered to send me a 'wind reduction kit' when I mentioned wind noise on initial install, but never sent. Not sure what that kit entails.)
- Pictures also show underside gap in rubber trim - Anderson says this is normal and mirrors OEM tops
- While I had no complaints about the soft top, this hard top was really nice to have in the snow - easier snow clearing and more clear view through the glass windows

Of note, the surface is extremely rough. I washed it today (first time since install!) and the dirt required a good amount of scrubbing to loosen on the surface.

BIGGEST LEARNING: The rough surface absolutely tore up my white wash mitt. No amount of pressure-washing could loosen the white fluff from the rough surface and pieces dropped to / are stuck on the rough surface of my AMP running boards, which were extended for washing purposes. On the bright side - all that pressure washing and no evidence of any leaks!

Overall, pleased with the purchase and have learned a hard lesson to use a soft brush on the top instead of my wash mitt. I think I'll be reminded of this mistake for months to come...

Hopefully this is helpful. Feel free to ping me with any questions.
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1757
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1759
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1760
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1761
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1762
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1883
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1884
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1885
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1886
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1887
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_1888
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2178
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2179
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2180
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2181
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2182
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2183
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2184
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2185
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2186
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2187
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2188
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2189
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2190
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In December, 2023 I installed the Anderson Composites Hardtop ordered in April, 2023. Overall, very pleased with the top and impressed with the significant wind noise reduction from my factory soft top. As seen in one pic, I have a 50" Baja Designs roof light bar (purchased from 4x4TruckLEDs.com - love those guys) with an AeroLidz light cover. The cover helped significantly with wind noise, but it remained quite loud. The hard top made a huge impact.

- Very simple install - was able to do mostly myself, with my wife and daughter easily helping lift the rear piece onto the Bronco
- Every 6-8 weeks I've had to tighten the latch bolts to reduce increasing wind noise. Makes a big difference, but unsure how that will impact ease of latching / unlatching when removing panels (Flagstaff has been cold! Will update post as the weather warms...)
- Pictures illustrate non-uniform gaps of rear window. Anderson customer service says this can be adjusted by reinstalling the window latches, but advises customers not to do so. I haven't yet tried. (They also offered to send me a 'wind reduction kit' when I mentioned wind noise on initial install, but never sent. Not sure what that kit entails.)
- Pictures also show underside gap in rubber trim - Anderson says this is normal and mirrors OEM tops
- While I had no complaints about the soft top, this hard top was really nice to have in the snow - easier snow clearing and more clear view through the glass windows

Of note, the surface is extremely rough. I washed it today (first time since install!) and the dirt required a good amount of scrubbing to loosen on the surface.

BIGGEST LEARNING: The rough surface absolutely tore up my white wash mitt. No amount of pressure-washing could loosen the white fluff from the rough surface and pieces dropped to / are stuck on the rough surface of my AMP running boards, which were extended for washing purposes. On the bright side - all that pressure washing and no evidence of any leaks!

Overall, pleased with the purchase and have learned a hard lesson to use a soft brush on the top instead of my wash mitt. I think I'll be reminded of this mistake for months to come...

Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics thumbnail_IMG_2190
Nice to have that option. Would like to see pics of the panels removed. From your photos, there are some visual alignment issues, but if it's dry, the gaskets must work. About how much did this cost you?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the sort of money these places are asking, people seem to be ready to just suck up poor fit and finish, while crucifying Ford for the problems with the OEM hard tops.

Glad you're happy with it, from reading your post I assumed the rating was going to be poor, not positive.

Brave Man

Heritage
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Hello,

I have the Anderson Composites top as well, and I really like it.
i have some creaking noises from the panels, can you elaborate on how to adjust the latches for a tighter hold. Thanks.

IMG_9780.jpeg

IMG_9765.jpeg

Sponsored

NV Joe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 50" Baja Designs roof light bar (purchased from 4x4TruckLEDs.com - love those guys) with an AeroLidz light cover. The cover helped significantly with wind noise, but it remained quite loud.

What light cover model did you get? I just added the BD light bar to my rig and I'd love to reduce the noise.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics IMG_9765
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites Hardtop Installed - Review, Tips, and Pics IMG_9765
Good review. We've had ours on almost a year now (video review to come on YouTube). We noticed a huge improvement over the factory softtop with ours as well. Moving to Phoenix in late April, hope to see you on the trails there soon.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,

i have some creaking noises from the panels, can you elaborate on how to adjust the latches for a tighter hold. Thanks.

I dig the Batmobile-style "shields" on your side windows, as seen in your first photo!
(I kid, I kid...)

OP
OP
dhitesman

dhitesman

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice to have that option. Would like to see pics of the panels removed. From your photos, there are some visual alignment issues, but if it's dry, the gaskets must work. About how much did this cost you?
$5999 plus tax / shipping. Only alignment issue is the rear window

Sponsored
OP
OP
dhitesman

dhitesman

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,

Just tighten the allen bolts on each of the latches. That worked for me... hope it helps you

OP
OP
dhitesman

dhitesman

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 50" Baja Designs roof light bar (purchased from 4x4TruckLEDs.com - love those guys) with an AeroLidz light cover. The cover helped significantly with wind noise, but it remained quite loud.

What light cover model did you get? I just added the BD light bar to my rig and I'd love to reduce the noise.

I got the Aerolidz Light Bar Cover - 50”/ 52” - Clear - Single Row. It's not designed for the BD style light (they don't have exact fit). I was only able to get it on by warming it in the sun for a few hours to be more pliable, then slowly / carefully sliding it over the bar. You lose a big advantage of the aerolidz being able to take it on / off for easy cleaning. But I've had mine on since May of 2022 and no issues.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good review. We've had ours on almost a year now (video review to come on YouTube). We noticed a huge improvement over the factory softtop with ours as well. Moving to Phoenix in late April, hope to see you on the trails there soon.
You'll be a great addition to the AZ Broncos group. It's a great local Phoenix group and we do a lot of runs!
Sponsored