redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. Weird how it turned out. And I know I am fortunate to be able to switch, but if I had to have a MIC I would still be behind so many others.

I wanted a MIC top. but seeing how things transpired I would have taken the soft top to get my Bronco in AMB but nooooooo us 2DR guys don't have that option. OK I can live with that. Punish me for wanting a 2DR, push me into a 22. BUT NOW ...... screw me again by cancelling the color I wanted even though it was no fault of my own other than wanting a 2DR AMB, the nerve of me !!!!!

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
surprised they bailed on this color. it was the choice of mine for base or bd.

it took a lil time to arrive there, but it seemed right... a nice dark blue metallic

now you prolly can't get green on the base....lol

at least the new green looks like a contender color for many

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mentioned that B6G had grown bringing in more than the "enthusiast" crowd. That chart was compiled from data largely gathered from when this place was still mainly just the hardcore Bronco lovers. So, it likely doesn't reflect the influence of those new normies much, if at all. It's also only about 3,400 entries out of 125,000 orders. The vast majority of mainstream buyers don't join a vehicle specific forum ever. Those are exactly the people who would skew the data towards the more mundane expected breakouts.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

surprised they bailed on this color. it was the choice of mine for base or bd.

it took a lil time to arrive there, but it seemed right... a nice dark blue metallic

now you prolly can't get green on the base....lol

at least the new green looks like a contender color for many
Nice post. Nice username.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopes against all rational thought that I make it under the wire for a '21 in AMB. Wife chose the color and automatic, and left me have my way with the rest of the order. Squatch will need running boards for her to get in and out. She does not know that....

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You mentioned that B6G had grown bringing in more than the "enthusiast" crowd. That chart was compiled from data largely gathered from when this place was still mainly just the hardcore Bronco lovers. So, it likely doesn't reflect the influence of those new normies much, if at all. It's also only about 3,400 entries out of 125,000 orders. The vast majority of mainstream buyers don't join a vehicle specific forum ever. Those are exactly the people who would skew the data towards the more mundane expected breakouts.
I’m willing to give you the point that folks entering data are enthusiasts and early on may have entered data on this forum. However, these were custom orders placed by 125k people with reservations that many of which are not on this forum Therefore, one could assume that not all enthusiasts are on B6G.

Do you know why 80% of the vehicles on the road are white, black, gray, or silver?? Because the dealers order them that way to give a more sellable neutral color. Way it is.

But let’s be frank. Why do you care? Some B6G members reserved Broncos night one based on a color they fell in love with. After all the bullshit, let them grieve and shut the fuck up about it. Ain’t hurtin you dude.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopes against all rational thought that I make it under the wire for a '21 in AMB. Wife chose the color and automatic, and left me have my way with the rest of the order. Squatch will need running boards for her to get in and out. She does not know that....
I sympathize for sure. But guess that leaves race U red😃

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sympathize for sure. But guess that leaves race U red😃
That's what I wanted. Wife overruled. I was good with it, came around. Not in the mood for a total renegotiation with her...:rolleyes:...

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let’s say AMB was just enthusiast, and 2Dr’s were just enthusiast, why walk away from your core customers? But that seems to be what Ford is doing, they are more worried about the folks who have never given Ford a second look. Come on FoMoCo dance with the one who brought you. Bronco would never have come back if not for the enthusiast insisting ( Begging ) for 20+ years.

BTW where is the Ford pass points like you gave the mod top guys and duel top guys none for the loyal customers who have stayed with you and been pushed to the back of the line time and time again.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They only have 12 paint slots available at MAP if I recall correctly. It's an equipment limitation of some kind. They can't just add more colors. AMB may be popular with some forum members but my guess is that the take rate with the general populace was abysmal.
The take rate on iconic silver was far lower.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's reality. It's a very expensive proposition to refit equipment on an assembly line. Even if they wanted to make that investment, the lead times on pretty much everything is insane. It's not just cars that are having issues. It's every single product in every facet of your life that is having some level of supply issues. It may not even physically be possible to secure the equipment to expand their painting capabilities at this juncture. It could be a year or more away. Manufacturers switch up colors and options every single year. Your order when it rolls over to another model year is a completely new gig. If they can build the exact same one as you had the previous year, awesome. If not, tough. Pick something new. Every auto manufacturer operates that way.
I can appreciate that you feel every manufacturer operates this way - HOWEVER, in this particular instance, covid, re-launch of an iconic vehicle, unprecedented demand, constraints, delays etc. AND the fact that Farley says he wants to move to an on-demand build model. The approach taken by @Ford Motor Company is entirely UNACCEPTABLE and an will become the butt of business school jokes and business case reviews.

JRHEXP

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 04 Lightning,29AModel, 21 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Kind of happy I switched to a 4DR soft top Antimatter Blue Outer Banks in June, got my VIN on 8-19. Feel bad for the 2DR AM blue people they kind of got screwed.
Sponsored