Sponsored

Any Bridgestone / Firestone tires you would consider?

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello,

I will one day (only the Fates know when) receive a Badlands 'Squatch. While I wait and peruse all the things I restrain myself from purchasing, I was curious about something I have a connection where I can get it for free.

So, my question to the forum, are there any either Bridgestone branded or Firestone branded tires that you would consider for both everyday driving and beginner's off-roading on the Badlands 'Squatch.

I'm perfectly okay if the answer is 'no,' but would love to know if there's something by one of those two brands that wouldn't make people do a Nelson from the Simpson's laugh - as using one of those brands is pleasing to my significant other who does happen to work for that company. ;)
Sponsored

fzracer484

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I happened to go with these Firestone XT's when I upgraded my stock bridgestone duellers. I am not doing any offroading and mainly road driving so I got them for being in between the two driving types and I liked the way they looked also.

IMG_6209.JPG

IMG_6211.JPG

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t understand why people are so eager to replace their new factory tires

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I want something that looks a little more aggressive than the stock Duellers so I'm either going to get a set of Destination AT2s or maybe BFG KO2s. The Firestones are closer to stock weight and I won't be doing much Offroad so I'm leaning towards the Firestones.

OP
OP
irishdore

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t understand why people are so eager to replace their new factory tires
I might not normally do so, but my significant other works for Bridgestone. And they have a corporate deal for their employees. The deal is if a new car/truck that you purchase has tires that are not Bridgestone/Firestone, then I can go to a Firestone Complete Auto Care within the first 1,000 miles on the tires and swap them out for Bridgestone/Firestone tires for free. And then I get all of the benefits that come with a new set of tires, e.g., free alignments, free rotations, etc.

Plus, my wife is happy because we don't then go to corporate events in my vehicle without her company's tires on it. Happy wife, happy life, and all that...

I want something that looks a little more aggressive than the stock Duellers so I'm either going to get a set of Destination AT2s or maybe BFG KO2s. The Firestones are closer to stock weight and I won't be doing much Offroad so I'm leaning towards the Firestones.
Thank you, helpful insight. Sounds like from your post that perhaps Firestone/Bridgestones are not very good for offroading but more for the mostly on street crowd. This is me too, so sounds like I have options. Maybe I'll get a separate set of tires for offroading and store them except when needed. (I get free service at FCAC to put on the tires on/off.)

I happened to go with these Firestone XT's when I upgraded my stock bridgestone duellers. I am not doing any offroading and mainly road driving so I got them for being in between the two driving types and I liked the way they looked also.

Ford Bronco Any Bridgestone / Firestone tires you would consider? IMG_6211.JPG

Ford Bronco Any Bridgestone / Firestone tires you would consider? IMG_6211.JPG
Very helpful and thank you for including the pictures so I could see. I do not yet have my Bronco, so it's helpful to see the look in practice.

Sponsored

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been running a set of firestone destination XTs in 235 80R17 on my Xterra for a year

I really like them. Quiet and good traction. I have had very good luck in the snow with them this winter in Canada.

I am hoping they come out with some more sizes once I get my bronco, would consider them again in a 255 80R17

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

KO2's are one of the highest moving products for trucks where I live, and for good reason
Sponsored