First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badsquatch, 12k miles, tires once rotated here.

I was noticing a bit of increasing steering wheel vibration at faster highway speeds so I took my Bronco into Les Schwab for a quick tire balance, hoping it would solve the problem.

Holy heck. My Bronco has NEVER driven this smoothly - at ANY speed! Knowing what I know now, I should have taken my Bronco to get its tires balanced on day one. The tire technician told me it was 8 ounces (!!) off balance. Yeah, I go hooning on trails just like everybody else, but geez.

TLDR: Even if you have no apparent reason to, consider getting your tires balanced. You don’t know how smooth the highway ride can really be.

Bonus pic of my Broncinator next to a rather agreeable Spokane, WA cop
Ford Bronco Even if new, consider getting your tires balanced 19EBF6FF-4BDC-4A75-B863-25B1B80E0429
Sponsored

Mobius

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is by FAR the best balanced set of BFGoodrich All Terrain T/As I've ever experienced and I usually buy and have installed from the South Bend Tire Rack who have solved a balance issue with an 18 inch performance tire no one else could balance right...

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Badsquatch, 12k miles, tires once rotated here.

I was noticing a bit of increasing steering wheel vibration at faster highway speeds so I took my Bronco into Les Schwab for a quick tire balance, hoping it would solve the problem.

Holy heck. My Bronco has NEVER driven this smoothly - at ANY speed! Knowing what I know now, I should have taken my Bronco to get its tires balanced on day one. The tire technician told me it was 8 ounces (!!) off balance. Yeah, I go hooning on trails just like everybody else, but geez.

TLDR: Even if you have no apparent reason to, consider getting your tires balanced. You don’t know how smooth the highway ride can really be.

Bonus pic of my Broncinator next to a rather agreeable Spokane, WA cop
Ford Bronco Even if new, consider getting your tires balanced 19EBF6FF-4BDC-4A75-B863-25B1B80E0429
Totally agree. It's crazy how much of a difference it is.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tire balance can change after they’ve been driven awhile. I’ve heard of some folks not initially balancing their tires until they’ve been driven.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even if you have no apparent reason to, consider getting your tires balanced. You don’t know how smooth the highway ride can really be.
I dunno. My philosophy is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". My Bronco is smooth at all speeds - at least on the highway. In fact, it was a surprise to me how well behaved it was on the highway compared to what I was expecting.
Sponsored