First Name
Vincenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What’s up y’all ? Going to Cape Cod in 3 weeks with the fam and we got Broncos and Jeeps. Any good spots to hit the trails with our trucks? And do we need permits?
Thanks 🤙🏽
Sponsored

csmola38

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hope you find a good answer! I was there a month ago and saw more Broncos in one place than I've seen in total over the past 3 years so I'm sure there's something in the area.

Kmb77

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live on cape cod, I don’t know of any trails to speak of. But I do know that it’s full of fun police here 🤣🤣. We do have sandy neck beach in sandwich that you can drive on and Nauset beach in Orleans that allows vehicles, both are really nice. As for off roading otherwise , I’ve never heard anyone speak of anything around here that they haven’t been chased out of by the police. But I was born here and lived here for 46 years so any questions I’m happy to help!

OP
OP
BangBus

BangBus

Big Bend
First Name
Vincenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cool! Even driving on beaches is fine, we just wanna get some time not on hardball roads

Bruinsfan

Badlands
First Name
Fury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love Cape Cod and the awesome natural views. It's so cool to sit on the beach and watch whales, seals and yes, sharks swim by. I typically vacation in/around Provincetown with my wife and kiddos. We have plans to vacation on the Cape in early October. Below is the link to the National Seashore for visitor info. and beaches to hit. I have an ORV pass to drive on sections of the Cape Cod seashore, but right now all sections are closed because of nesting piper plovers. Keep an eye on the ORV corridor because it might open around the second week of August. Good luck with your vacation and explore. If you never been on a whale watch before, do it, and book your reservation early.
https://www.nps.gov/caco/planyourvisit/conditions.htm.

IMG-20220423-WA0010.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometime next week I hope to post an event for September 8,9,10 at North of Highland Campground, North Truro. All beach areas should be open to ORVs, and the weather still warm. It's the campground's last season, so we should be able to get a whole bunch of sites next to each other.
I got my beach pass on a cold & wet Monday mid-April, with Deli555. Nobody was on the beach, nobody! I played dune-buggy baja, running up and down the beach, hit 55 mph. Don't know if can ever do that again.
Beach pass s $150. I want to get my money's worth!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What’s up y’all ? Going to Cape Cod in 3 weeks with the fam and we got Broncos and Jeeps. Any good spots to hit the trails with our trucks? And do we need permits?
Thanks 🤙🏽
I'm confident that the back woods trails I drove on as a kid in the 1970s are all gone. The beach is all thats left, and that is a declining resource due to erosion, (many wash-outs in the Nauset shoreline), overuse, and politics that is often prejudiced against motorized vehicle access to beach corridors. Closures due to shore birds are frequent on Eastern Seaboard, I was refused access to Assateague just after buying the NPS permit in early June. Back to the Cape, Orleans is now $386 for an annual non-resident permit.
https://www.town.orleans.ma.us/544/Natural-Resources---Beaches. Another respondant gave you the link for the Provincetown NPS corridor, but that is also currently closed. That Provincelands route that reaches from High Head in Truro to Race Point was my favorite in the 1990's with older Broncos. Barnstable and Sandwich both offer Town Owned beach access on Cape Cod Bay, check the web sites.

Since the 1950's as a child, I've been driving on Beach Sand, now I've used most beaches from Florida to Cape Cod. The trend towards restricted ORV access is clear. Most beaches have speed limits of 15-20 mph, required equipment and mandatory education videos, all enforced. Cape sand is the coarsest, steepest, easiest to get stuck. I hope the nesting Plovers are all hatched by the time you visit the Cape. Go Monday-Thursday, early. Forget the weekend unless its raining. Buy the $125 season pass and return in the Fall. Say hi to Race Point Light for me!

Ramik

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OB / Sas + 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I grew up on the cape and used to wheel under the power lines and around Otis - unfortunately they’ve closed off most of the trails now. Sandy Neck is great if you can get a pass!
Sponsored