Sponsored

Anyone added a water tank to their 4 door Bronco build?

tres

First Edition
First Name
tres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Broncos, F150, 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have installed a Goose Gear kitchen setup initially and just added the Goose Gear 60% seat delete. I'm installing a pretty cool 12v system and using the storage under the seat delete for the majority of that system. For the life of me I can't figure out a solution for an onboard water system. I have ordered and returned a few different tanks. It will have a pump and be installed rather than just water jugs. Really wanted something inside vs roof rack so it stays a little cooler. (I'm in TX).

I have considered the waterport 8 and yamkima road shower for the roof, and I have a 5gal Front Runner water jug with tap, and a Dometic 3 gal water jug. None of the water tanks I have found seem to fit behind the rear seat, and I'm installing a water filter system behind there. Don't want anything just strapped down on top of the seat delete because that eats up space for tubs or gear bags which is why I bought the delete in the first place.

The fridge and drawer modules are actually reversed from the picture now so that it makes 1 long space for longer items etc. I also took the propane tank and bracket out to free up space.

Ideas?

20220611_201524.jpg

20221008_121258.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

tres

First Edition
First Name
tres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
To clarify, I have tried a couple of RV style small water tanks from class a customs on amazon, not just the 2 jugs mentioned.

Also, didn't want something on top of fridge, because I was wanting to do something up there for cooking like a tiny microwave or a 12v toaster oven. Sounds crazy but super-handy for camping.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you trying to keep everything on the inside?

OP
OP

tres

First Edition
First Name
tres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you trying to keep everything on the inside?
If possible so that I could use a water pump, heat pad, etc and keep the tank a little cooler from the tx heat

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m planning on putting a 25 gal bladder in mine. That’s over the winter for that project.

OP
OP

tres

First Edition
First Name
tres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m planning on putting a 25 gal bladder in mine. That’s over the winter for that project.
Where are you going to put the bladder? Just curious of the location because maybe it will work for me.

OP
OP

tres

First Edition
First Name
tres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Where are you going to put the bladder? Just curious of the location because maybe it will work for me.
I have thought about a bladder but don't know quite where to put it

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on adding a enclosure behind the 2 seats. Will come up to about the back of the seats. Front top will have some throw in storage and cup holders. Main compartment will house a second battery w/2000w inverter, water bladder/pump, and a BedJet Then the rest of the back will be elevated 4-5 inches on slides.

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have ideas for a large (40 gallon) container roof mounted?

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why so much H2O? Just trying to understand, not being an jackass.
Wouldn't a trailer for excess water storage and over landing gear make sense? ... always carry a quality H2O filter 24/7.

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow now that is not what I expected... Very cool. I see some people in southeast Oregon doing that now and then when I am out roaming...Always thought it would be exciting and looks like a blast where they launch near the Nevada/Oregon border!

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you thought about a bladder? Like a large scale hydration bladder? Propane inside the cabin freaks me out.
I really prefer the propane tanks outside of my rigs too- and insulated-but it is actually safer than most of us understand. Which is why the public is 'allowed' to use them. The propane gas smells bad but is actually harder to ignite than most realize. Those stupid little butane lighters are actually more dangerous in a hot truck/car. Just experiment if you want a little excitement, shooting a propane tank from a safe distance with decent rifle. Many nuts have actually tried this. I am not recommending it, simply sayin'- it is safer than driving in LA or walking in downtown Portland Ore-gone.

Last edited: