Sponsored

Anyone actually use their RC High Mount winch?

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok so last year, Tricky had his whole thread about bending his frame horns while winching.
I, like many others, decided to beef up their RC High Mount winch and bought either a kit or made a homemade solution to beef up their frame horns. Ok awesome, done, beefy MoFO, let's go!!

The trouble I find (and it's a good thing), the Bronco just....doesn't get stuck. I've had a few moments where I thought I might get into trouble, but with front/rear lockers it just....goes.

I'm curious, anyone use their winch and have any tales of how the RC High Mount has worked for you? Maybe I'm not doing a good enough job at trying to get stuck.
Sponsored

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just installed the RC High Mount with @LOD Offroad frame reinforcement. @Tricky Mike is out of stock. I plan on creating some recovery situations week of Feb 9th to test this winch system out. Warn VR EVO 10-S, RC High Winch Mount, Factor 55 Flay Link, Factory 55 RRP + Standard Duty Soft Shackle. I will follow up with results.

OP
OP
MillerAndCheeto

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just installed the RC High Mount with @LOD Offroad frame reinforcement. @Tricky Mike is out of stock. I plan on creating some recovery situations week of Feb 9th to test this winch system out. Warn VR EVO 10-S, RC High Winch Mount, Factor 55 Flay Link, Factory 55 RRP + Standard Duty Soft Shackle. I will follow up with results.

Awesome! I got the VR EVO 12-S. Not because I need the power but at the time the 10-S was sold out across Canada and the 12-S was on sale for the same price. Go figure. I made a custom bracket to hold the solenoid pack under the hood - did you relocate or keep it up front? I couldn't bear to see that beautiful "BRONCO" covered so I had to relocate it.

If you're looking for recommendations, the M2M camera relocation kit worked great.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I may relocate the camera in the future. I don't plan to move the solenoid pack. I think I like it where it is giving some UV protection to the winch line. Is the winch line fully exposed with the box removed?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MillerAndCheeto

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I may relocate the camera in the future. I don't plan to move the solenoid pack. I think I like it where it is giving some UV protection to the winch line. Is the winch line fully exposed with the box removed?
I suppose it gives some protection, however the front is still exposed anyway. It's not something I've actually given any thought to - we park the Bronco in the garage, commute to work is only 8 minutes and we park in a covered parkade. Other than off-roading and cruising around town this winch line doesn't see much sun on a day-to-day basis. Plus we're in Canada, and we only get direct overhead sun a few months of the year.
Sponsored