Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Raculety Project Box IP65... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089JBKRW2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

it is a snug fit a longer box would be easier but you can’t go much off any taller this one it’s the hood insulation slightly.
High quality Velcro never moved easily removable when you need access. Although there is plenty of room to lift it with the box attached.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It only takes a little trimming of the plastic covers. Easy peasy when you see it. You don't have to over think it. Pretty simple when you get down to it.

AAEC8BC8-1911-4E47-A739-376A7920E4B5_1_201_a-L.jpg
That's an interesting winch hook. Do you have a link?

Sponsored

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone have any cooling issues with the winch in the way of the grill ?

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I realize this is an older thread, but I'm trying to resurrect some discussion - specifically related to the Rough County High Winch Mount. I'm planning to install on Saturday along with the LOD frame horn brackets. I've read/seen mixed reviews on the Rough County finish resistance to rust. No steel item is rustproof, but I'm trying to extend the life/appearance of this thing.

So, does anybody have feedback on whether they've had rust issues since installing? I'm planning to coat/wipe down parts before and after install with CRC Marine Corrosion Inhibitor, which seems to be working well on my Bronco bolts, mod bumper, etc. after two winters in the salt belt (used to be the snow belt, but now we just get salt slush for three months). Hoping to avoid spraying with paint or bedliner before the installing if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I realize this is an older thread, but I'm trying to resurrect some discussion - specifically related to the Rough County High Winch Mount. I'm planning to install on Saturday along with the LOD frame horn brackets. I've read/seen mixed reviews on the Rough County finish resistance to rust. No steel item is rustproof, but I'm trying to extend the life/appearance of this thing.

So, does anybody have feedback on whether they've had rust issues since installing? I'm planning to coat/wipe down parts before and after install with CRC Marine Corrosion Inhibitor, which seems to be working well on my Bronco bolts, mod bumper, etc. after two winters in the salt belt (used to be the snow belt, but now we just get salt slush for three months). Hoping to avoid spraying with paint or bedliner before the installing if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

There are 2 small spots on my RC winch Mount starting to show rust, but that's it which I'm surprised about. Hardly able to see unless you're looking for it. Nothing a little abrasive and paint can't fix in the spring. I thought it would be worse considering the amount of salt they use on our roads. It's still -20C today but warming up this week so we'll see if I need to do any cosmetic repairs. Too f'ing cold for that right now!

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are 2 small spots on my RC winch Mount starting to show rust, but that's it which I'm surprised about. Hardly able to see unless you're looking for it. Nothing a little abrasive and paint can't fix in the spring. I thought it would be worse considering the amount of salt they use on our roads. It's still -20C today but warming up this week so we'll see if I need to do any cosmetic repairs. Too f'ing cold for that right now!
Thanks for the reply. Have you done anything to coat it (fluid film, etc)? And how long have you had it installed?

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the reply. Have you done anything to coat it (fluid film, etc)? And how long have you had it installed?
OOOOKKKKKK.

So I have to rescind my previous statement. I just took it for a car wash and the front does have significant rusting started. I'll need to grind it off and coat it with something.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OOOOKKKKKK.

So I have to rescind my previous statement. I just took it for a car wash and the front does have significant rusting started. I'll need to grind it off and coat it with something.
😬 Thanks for the update. Sorry I asked… 😂

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OOOOKKKKKK.

There's the good ol' RC experience 😅

I had my Brave bumper and skids bedlined.

Highly recommend for salt/gravel winter areas where impact and rust resistance are critical (Alaska). Tape off any mounting or critical fit areas and drop it off at your local bedliner shop.
Sponsored