steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks really good but, does anyone else notice the misalignment of the winch vs. the ends of the sensor mounts? I feel like every photo has this. My OCD is a nightmare I guess, but it's really bothering me 😂
Depends (a little) on the winch. The comeup winch is longer, but still looks a bit off center. I hadn’t looked closely before.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_0390
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah never noticed on mine before either or cared I guess. But your spool should be centered with the fairlead.

Most winches are not symmetrical about the spool.

Tharberats

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 4 Door, MIC, EG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So in a tangential subject, has anyone had issues with the frame horns bending after installing this mount with the Tricky frame horns reinforcements?

Additionally, anyone know how high above or below the mod bumper top is compared to the winch plate? Looking to see if this will be compatible with the Turn Offroad Baja bar before I start buying parts.

Sorry if this got covered elsewhere, but I don't recall seeing the winch plate relation to the bumper measurements before.

Thanks!

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So in a tangential subject, has anyone had issues with the frame horns bending after installing this mount with the Tricky frame horns reinforcements?

Additionally, anyone know how high above or below the mod bumper top is compared to the winch plate? Looking to see if this will be compatible with the Turn Offroad Baja bar before I start buying parts.

Sorry if this got covered elsewhere, but I don't recall seeing the winch plate relation to the bumper measurements before.

Thanks!
I have mine installed with the Tricky frame horn reinforcements. I just got it done in the last week so I haven't winched myself out of anything yet. I'd be shocked if the frame horns bent with the Tricky reinforcements. They are built like a tank. LOD offroad and Addictive desert designs each have some kind of horn reinforcement kit, but they don't wrap the bottom of the frame horns. The Tricky plates are the best on the market in my opinion. My guess is that the RC mount or the winch itself would fail before the tricky plates failed under a heavy load. But I'm not an engineer, just an idiot on the internet... so take it with a grain of salt. @Tricky Mike would probably be able to answer your question better.

I can try to grab some measurements for you but clearance for a baja bar would maybe depend on the winch you are running as well. I have a Warn Zeon 10s and the winch tapers enough to clear the parking sensors for the RC mount unlike some other winches where you need to sand down the sensor backing plates a little (as described in the RC instructions). I would imagine some winches would be fatter or taller so clearance for other accessories would be dependent on that.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!
Top of the bumper to the top of the winch plate is 7/8 inch.

Sponsored

Tharberats

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 4 Door, MIC, EG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks UncleBuck for the distance there, that helps out.

Guess it's time to buy the winch mount myself and start tossing it all together!

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with a different mount but reading through this thread I thought I would add a couple of sources for cables with pre-crimped terminals that are good quality and also the control box re-location box that I used with my Apex .

Longer cables - Select length from the color drop down box: I used 60" to get to the passenger fender next to coolant tank.

https://www.amazon.com/Spartan-Powe...efix=2awg+battery,industrial,239&sr=1-19&th=1

Project box made for winch re-location :

https://www.amazon.com/BestYiJo-Str...33-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9idGY&psc=1

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation winch

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been following and commenting on this thread for a long time and finally able to post my finished product. Over the month of December, I got my winch all mounted and control box relocated. I put the contactor into an amazon project box mounted on the fuse box. I decided to save the rubber stopper to cover the plug port and attached it on the outside of the box facing the dash. As you can see, it's easy to remove the fuse lid to access the fuse box if needed. I attached the power interrupt solenoid to the front of the battery box and tapped it to the pre-run aux wire at the top of the radiator. I had to order a longer cable than the one that came with the interrupt kit and ran around the battery box to a 90 degree lug I crimped on and attached to the buss bar. I shortened the factory red cable from the contactor to get rid of excess cable in the engine bay and ran it right to the solenoid. The contactor and battery cables all come out the front of the box to allow the whole box to be folded down out of the way and I zip tied everything up to keep it neat and tidy. I don't particularly like the contactor cables going over the battery but I didn't have enough length to run them around. They aren't touching the terminal so I think they'll be ok and shouldn't melt and arc to the terminal under heavy winching load. Any electrical guys who know more please let me know.

This week, I finally got around cutting off my thimble and to swapping out my Warn fairlead for the Yankum Grooved fairlead which provides the cleanest look and least metal in the system. Re-splicing an eye in the synthetic rope is alot easier than you'd think. The flat profile without a winch hook/shackle/knot means my front camera views looks 100% stock on the screen and works perfectly. The Warn Zeon has a good taper to it so I didn't have to mess with the sensors at all to get them relocated on the RC mount and they work perfectly too.

Overall I'm really happy with how this project turned out. Maybe down the road I'll add perch collars to level up the front but there is not much sag and when I'm loaded up with people/gear it looks pretty level. Thanks to everyone in this thread for the inspiration!

My parts list for the winch build out is the following:

-Rough Country High Winch Mount
-Warn Zeon 10s
-Tricky Motorsports Frame Horn Reinforcements
-Baja Designs S8 20 inch Amber Lightbar
-Turn Offroad Front Camera Relocation Bracket
-Warn Winch Control Box Relocation Kit
-Warn Power Interrupt Solenoid
-Yankum Grooved Fairlead
-Cheap Amazon project box linked 40 times in this thread previously

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_6412

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_6383 (1)

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_6379

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_6381

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_6385

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_6386

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished install yesterday.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_20240308_142245158
I like the plate to cover and protect the rope from the UV rays. I installed mine a few weeks ago and used what I had laying around which was a sheet of ABS plastic. It's funny since I hadn't seen anyone do that before . I plan to re-make my cover out of metal when I get the time.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation rope cover frt 1

Sponsored

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the plate to cover and protect the rope from the UV rays. I installed mine a few weeks ago and used what I had laying around which was a sheet of ABS plastic. It's funny since I hadn't seen anyone do that before . I plan to re-make my cover out of metal when I get the time.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation rope cover frt 1
I had a piece of aluminum tread plate laying around and decided to make the cover out of it. I just thought it looked better than being open on top.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch + Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had already installed the RC high winch mount, and I took it all back apart tonight to add frame reinforcements from LOD. Anyone else have issues with the bolt length through the winch mount? We’ve now added a 0.25” thick mount, 0.25” spacer, and a 0.25” frame bracket, and my 4 inner bolts don’t have any threads left…
Sponsored