First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw one of these mounts on a 2021 Bronco for sale at my local Chevy dealer, it was brown with rust and looked terrible.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_5942
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_5941
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw one of these mounts on a 2021 Bronco for sale at my local Chevy dealer, it was brown with rust and looked terrible.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_5941
oof, first I've seen one rusted up like that.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Awesome thread. Thanks guys!!!! Few months out from my purchase/install.

Question? Has any one pulled on this thing yet? Curious on the strength. Might go with a 9.5K vs 12K to not overload the mount. Thoughts or experience????

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome thread. Thanks guys!!!! Few months out from my purchase/install.

Question? Has any one pulled on this thing yet? Curious on the strength. Might go with a 9.5K vs 12K to not overload the mount. Thoughts or experience????
I believe Tricky has pulled a couple times and bent the mounting plates on the frame horns. After beefing up with frame reinforcements, I think the high mount became the weak point, but I might be wrong about that

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe Tricky has pulled a couple times and bent the mounting plates on the frame horns. After beefing up with frame reinforcements, I think the high mount became the weak point, but I might be wrong about that
Yeah @Tricky Mike bent his frame a bit and now has made an sells reinforcements. If i remember right he forgot to install the spacers and was winching a large degree angle down i think?

I haven't heard of any others, and I have not put a big load on mine yet, I went with this 13K winch here.

But reinforcements on it is an excellent idea if you expect using it a lot and not going to hurt anything.

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This bracket looks cantilevered off the fr frame horns; has anyone tried bolting the top plate to the bumper to tie it in???

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This bracket looks cantilevered off the fr frame horns; has anyone tried bolting the top plate to the bumper to tie it in???
I don't believe the bumper will be able withstand the forces involved. I suggest buying the Tricky Motorsports Frame Horn Reinforcement Kit. I haven't installed mine yet but am considering sourcing longer bolts to simplify things and maybe take advantage of some double shear action.

@Tricky Mike, do you see any downside to using two long bolts through the frame as opposed to the four shorter ones that are included?

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't believe the bumper will be able withstand the forces involved. I suggest buying the Tricky Motorsports Frame Horn Reinforcement Kit. I haven't installed mine yet but am considering sourcing longer bolts to simplify things and maybe take advantage of some double shear action.

@Tricky Mike, do you see any downside to using two long bolts through the frame as opposed to the four shorter ones that are included?
I wouldn't unless you put a sleeve in the frame. You can't get proper torque on a bolt through an open box section.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't unless you put a sleeve in the frame. You can't get proper torque on a bolt through an open box section.
Ah yes, duh. My brain was very slow Friday.

Thank you both, I will install with the supplied hardware. Probably not worth fabricating sleeves that fit perfectly.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the overall planning phase of final install of my RC high winch mount and I've got all my components in. I'm planning to add a Warn Power Interrupt solenoid to send power to the winch when I need it and for an extra level of safety. I want to mount to the battery box. Anyone think that's a god or bad idea?

Here are my mock up pics:
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_5619.JPEG

So I want to mount here. There are already holes in the bracket. I can drill out more to change angles.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_5620.JPEG

This is the front of the battery box without the solenoid. As you can see, at some point I splashed through something big and got a little water in there. I don't think it would be a huge problem.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_5622.JPEG

I plan to power the solenoid off the prewired front upfitter wire at the grill. It's close and easy access for powering on from an aux switch when I need to winch.

So that's my plan. It puts the solenoid close to the battery terminal and its a convenient location for access and replacement if needed. Anyone smarter than me think that's a good or bad idea?

Also @Tricky Mike I sprayed some paint on your frame horn reinforcements. Hoping to get them installed this week. They seem solid!

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the overall planning phase of final install of my RC high winch mount and I've got all my components in. I'm planning to add a Warn Power Interrupt solenoid to send power to the winch when I need it and for an extra level of safety. I want to mount to the battery box. Anyone think that's a god or bad idea?

Here are my mock up pics:
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation IMG_5622.JPEG

So I want to mount here. There are already holes in the bracket. I can drill out more to change angles.

This is the front of the battery box without the solenoid. As you can see, at some point I splashed through something big and got a little water in there. I don't think it would be a huge problem.

I plan to power the solenoid off the prewired front upfitter wire at the grill. It's close and easy access for powering on from an aux switch when I need to winch.

So that's my plan. It puts the solenoid close to the battery terminal and its a convenient location for access and replacement if needed. Anyone smarter than me think that's a good or bad idea?

Also @Tricky Mike I sprayed some paint on your frame horn reinforcements. Hoping to get them installed this week. They seem solid!
I did almost the exact same thing with an AL plate and a Blue Sea Systems solenoid wired to the up fitter switches. Works great!
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 1702311609441

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did almost the exact same thing with an AL plate and a Blue Sea Systems solenoid wired to the up fitter switches. Works great!
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 1702311609441
That's awesome! I'm glad someone else is thinking about this spot. I like your mount plate. I might fab up something like that and get my solenoid a little higher.

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here you go. Finished trimming the bolt covers the other day. All finished.

This looks really good but, does anyone else notice the misalignment of the winch vs. the ends of the sensor mounts? I feel like every photo has this. My OCD is a nightmare I guess, but it's really bothering me 😂
Sponsored