Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else been having random "park aid not available" alerts since the install? I'm wondering if I have some wires that got pinched or connectors that didn't seat, but I double checked everything during the install.
Sponsored

shawn6107

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Ford Expedition Max, Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else been having random "park aid not available" alerts since the install? I'm wondering if I have some wires that got pinched or connectors that didn't seat, but I double checked everything during the install.
I’ve only had that code once but it was when I dropped the whole side of the rig about a foot onto a boulder (slider caught it) and everything went haywire like I’d been in a wreck. It stayed on until I killed it and restarted it and it’s not come back since.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took the bumper apart and cut some of the cable wrapping to allow the sensor wire to bend a bit more towards the sensor holes. I re-wrapped the wires I freed/cut back from the OEM wrap.
I'm glad I did because I found they pinched one of the fog wire leads between the bumper structure and bumper. Did a little wire reconstruction to fix.
I wanted to circle back and thank you for this piece of advice. I did the same thing early in my install thanks to this comment. Would have been an absolute pain otherwise.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had the RC hidden winch on for a year. The winch got fried recently after one too many water crossings. Wishing I would have relocated the control box to begin with. But RC is shipping me a replacement box and I'll be relocating it based on this thread, so thanks in advance.

TerryVester

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 Corvette, Jeep Wrangler, Linlcon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my winch finally installed, but I'm having issues with the parking sensors. Any suggestions on how to debug? I got tired of taking everything apart trying to tighten up connections.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20230806_163848

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my winch finally installed, but I'm having issues with the parking sensors. Any suggestions on how to debug? I got tired of taking everything apart trying to tighten up connections.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20230806_163848
What kind of issue exactly?

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of issue exactly?
I get a constant park aid error, and all the ultrasonics are turned off. Plus my dashcam/mirror that gets power through the same fuse started cycling through the camera views. I'm not sure if that one is related. If I hook up to the obdi port, will it tell me which sensor is messed up or will it just say the whole front harness?

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get a constant park aid error, and all the ultrasonics are turned off. Plus my dashcam/mirror that gets power through the same fuse started cycling through the camera views. I'm not sure if that one is related. If I hook up to the obdi port, will it tell me which sensor is messed up or will it just say the whole front harness?
I initially had warning and didn't seat the connection to one of the wiring harness. Unplugged, blew out the socket and plugged back in. Immediately went away.

Sponsored

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I initially had warning and didn't seat the connection to one of the wiring harness. Unplugged, blew out the socket and plugged back in. Immediately went away.
Yeah, next day it started giving me a sensor blocked error and it seems to have gone away today. I think road vibrations clicked it into place.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, next day it started giving me a sensor blocked error and it seems to have gone away today. I think road vibrations clicked it into place.
The easy fixes are the best ones. 😆

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hoping I get th same luck! Got mine on today and getting that.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hoping I get th same luck! Got mine on today and getting that.
Well I did, issue went away on it’s own the next day. Ready for the weekend now.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 30FC9B52-1DA6-449E-AF54-F20476FE63AE

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went back and forth on the subject. Should I remove the modular bumper? Should I go with factory, JCR, Rough Country? Sorry Mabett. Your timeline to manufacturing is too long. I decided price was gonna be the defining factor. How far it sticks out, approach angle and other factors weren’t that different.

Rough Country High Winch Mount:
I will say the instructions aren’t that great. I found it much easier to install the bottom half of the mount first. was having a tough time balancing the weight of the mount and winch to attach it to the bumper. Mounting the bottom half gave me room to get my hands in there as well. Then I mounted the winch to the plate. I followed up by wiring it, then mounting the top plate to the bottom half. The instructions also call for shaving down the back of the sensor they provide. This was not the case with the winch I chose. I think each winch will differ in that step.

Smittybilt Winch:
Pretty cut and dry. I just wired the longer cables before I bolted the plate down. It’s tough to work behind the RC mount, it’s pretty tight to the grill. Removed all the decals and painted the “Smittybilt” and the switch for free spool.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K150VAI?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_X9K6SBMZCMGCJKQ54PAT

Control Box Relocation:
I decided to mount it to the lid of the fuse box. Was a simple install and it wasn't going to eat up space on the other side of the motor. Saving that for ARB compressor and maybe train horn. I used the Warn kit. Only needed the cables and black rubber boots.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANYN2G2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_ud_dp_R4PZ7CFEPPNMRR261BBV

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 30FC9B52-1DA6-449E-AF54-F20476FE63AE

Very nice mounting. I like how tight it is to the grille.
Personal i would cut the wire if it is too long. Bundling it like that us asking for a short.
Sponsored