First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't look directly at her! You'll turn into stone!! ??

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really?? I never thought of that. I guess I better just cancel now. :unsure:

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, I have a $35 Bluetooth tool that reads and displays OBDII codes and all sorts of engine parameters directly on my phone. Not a perfect tool, but it is a good first line of analysis to troubleshoot and issue and I know more about the vehicle performance than I ever did in the past. I won't do much more than swap a simple emissions part or sensor, but at least I have a sense of what to look at and and where to start.
I have one of those to do simple stuff like read & clear a faulty code, like a random misfire code, but my SCT programmer is for the in-depth stuff.

Sponsored
OP
OP

gettk

Big Bend
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C300
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Didnt know they still exist, TV repairman that is. I'm still watching my 720p plasma screen from 12yrs ago, think it's cheaper to just buy new if it ever goes.
Just a line from fast times. Spicoli

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
People by and far, do not work on their own cars anymore. So what's concerning about that?

The design of modern motors is well beyond the weekend mechanic at this point in ICE evolution.

This is also how you get: 30+ mpg engines hauling 4,000+ lb tanks every day, all day long, twice on Sunday, for 200,000 miles.

The alternative, as your father most certainly remembers, is rebuilding your motor every 20,000 miles and having time on weekends to get the job done. I'm not Pepperridge Farm old, but I remember those days.....

If you want to relive the good ol days of actually working on your own car, you aren't buying a modern car, its as simple as that. Here's my '63 T-bird getting the motor I built by hand installed. On the Bronco you can slap on some stickers, swap out brakes or drain/fill fluids. But you aren't doing proper diagnostics or wrenching on the motor unless you're an Self-Certified Master YouTube Auto Technician with tens of thousands worth of tools and equipment at your disposal.

20161118_225250.jpg

Internets mechanic.png

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And then when you smell gas, grab a pen or screwdriver, take off the air cover and prop open the choke plate that thinks it's cold enough to close the plate, so it wont open. Crank the engine and hold the throttle to the floor. Once it starts, jump out and pull the screwdriver, replace the air cleaner top , jump in and possibly drive away. Repeat as needed until the carb, engine and air temperature match up. Eventually, replace me with a Holly 650 DP with such big accelerator pumps, that a choke in longer needed. Get 9 mpg and run 15 second 1/4 mile times.
Your post gave me wood. Soooooooo much wood!

Just swapped out a Holley 4150 (750 cfm) for a Demon 625 cfm on the FE390.

With the smaller carb and only parking at the top of inclines, it's almost guaranteed to get double-digits emm pee gees!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

texmln

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Until they keep that Bronco of yours for a week and charge you 20 hours worth of shop labor because it was time to replace that $10 alternator belt that not even the the tech with the skinniest arms could reach.

Routine maintenance looks like it is going to be a bit challenging. You are going to have to remove half those hoses just to get to the one that was leaking. And I guess maybe you can change those belts from underneath? Never had to do that before so I guess that will be a first.
C'mon now. They've PROMISED that it will so much better for everyone than just adding two more cylinders. Can't you tell from the photo that they are absolutely right?/sarc

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They've been saying that every ten years for about 50 years. And they still suck.

????? I'm actually a little worried how awful the 2.7 may sound. My v8 F150 sounds amazing with the stock tuning. I'll miss it for sure!

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my old man is a television repair man - but..
Ford Bronco Anyone else find this a bit concerning? Internets mechanic

Ford Bronco Anyone else find this a bit concerning? Internets mechanic
Some of you have never worked on anything from the 80's through the mid 90's during the OBD1 EFI adoption and it shows. I'll take that over the rats nests of vacuum lines mixed in with excessive wiring and redundant sensors any day of the week.
Sponsored