Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess I don't see the concern. Looks like an engine on the frame. What am I missing?
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can't work on it without a Sun machine and a computer in any case other than tighten a hose. :)

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problem. Ill swap out my 68 302 Cougar engine.

D51E4DC3-08A7-45CE-B772-D7B1A2D26980.jpeg
"So... give it like, 1/4 gas... then turn the key and after the 2nd crank give 'er about 1/2 throttle... maybe feather it a little... NOT TOO MUCH..... Yeah, you gave it too much.... you're gonna have to let her sit for minute... maybe... you know what, here... try... sometimes... try like, two pumps... okay, now, crank, but don't give it any throttle but the *second* you hear her fire IMMEDIATELY give her like, 3/4 gas, but come off it to like, 1/4, and she should FIRE RIGHT UP!"

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not concerning for me, it's Ford's problem.
Until they keep that Bronco of yours for a week and charge you 20 hours worth of shop labor because it was time to replace that $10 alternator belt that not even the the tech with the skinniest arms could reach.

Routine maintenance looks like it is going to be a bit challenging. You are going to have to remove half those hoses just to get to the one that was leaking. And I guess maybe you can change those belts from underneath? Never had to do that before so I guess that will be a first.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will look much more sorted once its all connected...

...or not.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't look any worse than my 6.0L PowerStroke...

Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. Get over it and figure it out when you need to.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"So... give it like, 1/4 gas... then turn the key and after the 2nd crank give 'er about 1/2 throttle... maybe feather it a little... NOT TO MUCH..... Yeah, you gave it too much.... you're gonna have to let her sit for minute... maybe... you know what, here... try... sometimes... try like, two pumps... okay, now, crank, but don't give it any throttle but the *second* you hear her fire IMMEDIATELY give her like, 3/4 gas, but come off it to like, 1/4, and she should FIRE RIGHT UP!"
And then when you smell gas, grab a pen or screwdriver, take off the air cover and prop open the choke plate that thinks it's cold enough to close the plate, so it wont open. Crank the engine and hold the throttle to the floor. Once it starts, jump out and pull the screwdriver, replace the air cleaner top , jump in and possibly drive away. Repeat as needed until the carb, engine and air temperature match up. Eventually, replace me with a Holly 650 DP with such big accelerator pumps, that a choke in longer needed. Get 9 mpg and run 15 second 1/4 mile times.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And then when you smell gas, grab a pen or screwdriver, take off the air cover and prop open the choke plate that thinks it's cold enough to close the plate, so it wont open. Crank the engine and hold the throttle to the floor. Once it starts, jump out and pull the screwdriver, replace the air cleaner top , jump in and possibly drive away. Repeat as needed until the carb, engine and air temperature match up. Eventually, replace me with a Holly 650 DP with such big accelerator pumps, that a choke in longer needed. Get 9 mpg and run 15 second 1/4 mile times.
"Yes sir... they sure don't make 'em like they used to!"

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, I have a $35 Bluetooth tool that reads and displays OBDII codes and all sorts of engine parameters directly on my phone. Not a perfect tool, but it is a good first line of analysis to troubleshoot and issue and I know more about the vehicle performance than I ever did in the past. I won't do much more than swap a simple emissions part or sensor, but at least I have a sense of what to look at and and where to start.
Sponsored