First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of you have never worked on anything from the 80's through the mid 90's during the OBD1 EFI adoption and it shows. I'll take that over the rats nests of vacuum lines mixed in with excessive wiring and redundant sensors any day of the week.
Stupid EGR mess...what a pain! ? Deleted!! ?

Ford Bronco Anyone else find this a bit concerning? 49A4D6A8-3FCA-4055-9DB9-2055AD6AF474

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a Bronco, We don't need no Stinkin Cover ?

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Engine cover. GIANT engine cover. I don't want to see any of that midevil release the Kracken motor just enjoy its awesome torque and horsepower.
Suddenly, for the first time, an extended warranty may be warranted. (see what I did there lol?)

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am currently a mechanic and the current engines do not scare me. They get more complicated every year, but incrementally. Just learn and keep up. Would still rather deal with the 2.7 than the untunable 5.0 in my fox. I’m going aftermarket injection on her. I give up.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, and someone was complaining about how hard it is to change spark plugs on a Wrangler...life ain't easy for a boy named Sue. Not that it has anything to do with the prices of tea in China.
That was me, and yes changing the spark plugs on the 3.6 in the jk wrangler is way more work than it should be when everything else on it is so simple and easy to work on. (Sure I’m young-ish and far from a mechanic, and have only replaced spark plugs on three other vehicles, a motorcycle, and a waverunner, but those were all really quick and easy compared to the 3.6). Videos of the spark plug replacement on the 2.7 ecoboosts in the f150’s look like child’s play in comparison to the wrangler 3.6 and are a big plus for the bronco over a 3.6 Jeep when it comes time to replace them. (I assume the 3.6L in the newer JL’s are the same design as the JK’s?).

What I’m getting at is don’t judge a book by it’s cover, or in this case, an engine by its appearance. Complicated engines can be easy to work on and vice versa.
Sponsored