First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine was bought back a year ago. Once you get approved for it, it goes pretty quick.
Sponsored

Kbass101

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the approval today and they said someone from the buy back team would call me with details.
how did they handle the pricing?
I want to order another- but I’m concerned I’m going to lose out.

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got the approval today and they said someone from the buy back team would call me with details.
how did they handle the pricing?
I want to order another- but I’m concerned I’m going to lose out.
I got all taxes, fees, and what you paid on the loan back. They took 2915 off for mileage, i had about 8k. I think you could negotiate the mileage part, but i really wanted mine gone by that point. There was an option to get another bronco or another ford, but i didnt look into it.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still so many questions if I ever have to go through a buyback. Msrp on my bronco purchased a year ago was $56,500 but with price protection going back to when first ordered I got mine for $47,750 and then I put a good amount as down payment. If I got same replacement with little out of pocket I’d do that if option if available in my state. If I would lose a lot I would definitely never buy a Ford ever again.

Kbass101

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got all taxes, fees, and what you paid on the loan back. They took 2915 off for mileage, i had about 8k. I think you could negotiate the mileage part, but i really wanted mine gone by that point. There was an option to get another bronco or another ford, but i didnt look into it.
thanks- this helps a lot. Did you have your information available when they called or did they already have this info from the dealer?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once this process starts the dealer is essentially out of conversation. Beside attempting a repair prior to Ford sending a contractor to pick it up we are just a storage location. The settlement is handled directly between the customer and a Ford rep. We end up doing a little paperwork but nothing in terms of setting the buy back price or negotiations.

Kbass101

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once this process starts the dealer is essentially out of conversation. Beside attempting a repair prior to Ford sending a contractor to pick it up we are just a storage location. The settlement is handled directly between the customer and a Ford rep. We end up doing a little paperwork but nothing in terms of setting the buy back price or negotiations.
thanks. I’ll be sure to have my info available then when they call.
This might be a silly question, but if I choose to take the buy out am I going to have any issues removing items from the Bronco, such as Spot lights, GMRS Radio, tailgate table, etc.?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks. I’ll be sure to have my info available then when they call.
This might be a silly question, but if I choose to take the buy out am I going to have any issues removing items from the Bronco, such as Spot lights, GMRS Radio, tailgate table, etc.?
No idea how they account for that stuff but would assume if that they're only going to use factory invoiced accessories in the calculation. I would tell them you have those and will be removing unless they want to pay for them. The vehicle is going to be taken to a dealer or some Ford repair location, "fixed" if possible, then run back through a factory auction. It would have all of that stuff removed at some point if it was going to be resold.

My suggestion is bring it up but plan on removing. If the vehicle is at the dealer or not drivable, I'm fairly certain you won't be able to take it home to remove the accessories. Once a buy back is started we ground the vehicle to avoid any potential liability to us and Ford as well as preserving vehicle against possible damage or loss if it were damaged during the negotiation process. We recently had a hybrid F150 bought back and even though it was drivable, we grounded it.

Kbass101

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No idea how they account for that stuff but would assume if that they're only going to use factory invoiced accessories in the calculation. I would tell them you have those and will be removing unless they want to pay for them. The vehicle is going to be taken to a dealer or some Ford repair location, "fixed" if possible, then run back through a factory auction. It would have all of that stuff removed at some point if it was going to be resold.

My suggestion is bring it up but plan on removing. If the vehicle is at the dealer or not drivable, I'm fairly certain you won't be able to take it home to remove the accessories. Once a buy back is started we ground the vehicle to avoid any potential liability to us and Ford as well as preserving vehicle against possible damage or loss if it were damaged during the negotiation process. We recently had a hybrid F150 bought back and even though it was drivable, we grounded it.
thanks for the insight. I also have many personal items within the vehicle. I should have no problem removing everything while in the dealer lot if allowed.

Thunderstick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We recently had a vehicle bought back. Here's a few pieces of advice.

If you ever take a vehicle in for service get a completed and closed service invoice when you pick it up. Sometimes they want to leave them open if they aren't sure the vehicle is fixed. In my state you need 3 completed invoices for the same issue, or one for a brake system failure to qualify for lemon law.

Use your state's lemon law which is handled through the BBB. This is how you will get the best deal, and they will do all the legwork. Do not contact Ford customer service to start a case, the BBB will do it for you, and the BBB will tell you when it's time to talk to Ford. If you're not happy with Ford's offer the BBB will negotiate on your behalf. Do not waste your time and money with a lawyer. There is no way they will get you a better deal than your state's lemon law allows.

Our state's lemon law gave us full purchase price including tax and all fees, interest paid on the loan, and all accessories added to the vehicle, minus a prorated amount for mileage until the first time we reported the issue which was around 2000 miles. Basically it cost us $650 to drive a brand new vehicle 32,000 miles.

Overall I feel the process was quick, easy, and fair.

I'm not here to bash Ford or the vehicle, so if you have questions please make them about the process and not my specific case. Your state laws are probably different than mine, so do your own research.

OP
OP
Stlrfan152

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
thanks- this helps a lot. Did you have your information available when they called or did they already have this info from the dealer?
You need to have the bank send stuff to them and answer a bunch of questions. Its not too bad and they emailed everything they needed. The buy back was easier than dealing with service during my issues.
Sponsored