Sponsored

Anyone had to replace a front quarter panel yet?

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long story, but Bebop took too kindly to a tree while we were accidentally snow wheeling yesterday :oops: trail leader took a wrong turn and we wound up in 2-3' of deep, soft snow that was a bit too much for a non-Sasquatch, coupled with insanely slick off camber stuff and this happened:
Ford Bronco Anyone had to replace a front quarter panel yet? FB_IMG_1651507353577

(we had to take part of the bumper off since it was catching on the tree when we attempting to snatch me out, it's going back on ASAP)

Mostly curious which part number that is and a rough cost if anyone happens to know? Think that's something that can be popped/pounded out? Someone in Nebraska is selling one for about $175 but it's the wrong color, so I'd still need to work with a dealer body shop to get it painted to match if I go that route, and understanding base cost for this in the first place will help me figure out what decision to make. I'll keep everyone posted on how rebuilding goes :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
annieVonBebop

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're a wizard, @shoelessjoe! Thanks so much for that, definitely alleviates any lingering panic I had about this being obnoxiously expensive to get fixed

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Long story, but Bebop took too kindly to a tree while we were accidentally snow wheeling yesterday :oops: trail leader took a wrong turn and we wound up in 2-3' of deep, soft snow that was a bit too much for a non-Sasquatch, coupled with insanely slick off camber stuff and this happened:
Ford Bronco Anyone had to replace a front quarter panel yet? Screenshot_20220502-141609_Chrome

(we had to take part of the bumper off since it was catching on the tree when we attempting to snatch me out, it's going back on ASAP)

Mostly curious which part number that is and a rough cost if anyone happens to know? Think that's something that can be popped/pounded out? Someone in Nebraska is selling one for about $175 but it's the wrong color, so I'd still need to work with a dealer body shop to get it painted to match if I go that route, and understanding base cost for this in the first place will help me figure out what decision to make. I'll keep everyone posted on how rebuilding goes :)
Keep us posted! I'm just surprised it didn't really take any paint off.

OP
OP
annieVonBebop

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep us posted! I'm just surprised it didn't really take any paint off.
It was more a slide into it on a super off camber icy bit of the trail versus a collision or scrape. We all got stuck and shouldn't have been at that part of the trail in the first place πŸ‘€

I got the bumper corner reattached this morning and realized the Parking Aid fault alert I was getting was not from the sensor being caked with dirt like I thought but because somehow the wiring harness got cut open and the wire was sliced, which confuses the hell out of me, but that's a different thread. Seems like that could be the most painful thing to deal with from this whole debacle πŸ˜…
Sponsored

Last edited: