Sponsored

Has anyone had their wheels painted/dipped?

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the standard Badlands wheelers (not SAS Beadlock) and want the look of darker wheels. I cant seem to find the beadlock wheels anywhere, and wondering if getting my current wheels dipped or painted could be a good idea? Anyone gone down this road? Any pics? Cost input?
Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know these aren't the wheels you are referring to, but I attached pictures just to give you an idea of the results.

I just internet searched for local powdercoating shops, then called around for pricing/availability and it was 100 bucks to get my chrome beauty rings powdercoated in a matte black armor coat. Any color was available and pricing got higher with super custom colors, but the armor coating is what I was wanting. The shop I went to was able and willing to do a full wheel as well but it was more expensive at 130 a wheel. Call around to your local shops and see how they can help you get the look your after. Powdercoating should hold up better to offroading than paint.

Ford Bronco Has anyone had their wheels painted/dipped? 20230609_111216
Ford Bronco Has anyone had their wheels painted/dipped? 20230829_182619

Ford Bronco Has anyone had their wheels painted/dipped? PXL_20230325_191710240
Ford Bronco Has anyone had their wheels painted/dipped? 20230829_185039

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely go the powder coating route over dips or paints. I will be going the powder coated beauty ring route as seen above.

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had my Big Bend wheels powder coated and I am very happy with the results. Search Raptor Liner on MIC top and see a picture of how they turned out. Cost was 100.00 each.

Dlars99

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would go either powder coat or Cerakote for the rims.

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the standard Badlands wheelers (not SAS Beadlock) and want the look of darker wheels. I cant seem to find the beadlock wheels anywhere, and wondering if getting my current wheels dipped or painted could be a good idea? Anyone gone down this road? Any pics? Cost input?
Im too lazy to search, but there are several threads on here where people painted their stock Badlands wheels black.

Groundhog

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the SAS wheels powder coated white for my wife's heritage project. Finish seems to be just as good a factory. $800 for all 5.

PXL_20230928_201227501.jpg

PXL_20230928_201247981.jpg

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depending on how much you want to spend, powder coating is the way to go, but more expensive than painted. I have plasti dipped some rims I had years ago and it lasted a while, paint will last longer than the dip. The good thing about the paint pretty easy to touch up if needed.

KNXBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
GroundHog: They look great with the white top.

Sponsored

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the hyper dip spray on my beauty rings. I did this about 10 months ago. They still look great, although one wheel has a scratch in it from when I was offroad. I think the same thing would have happened if they were powder coated or painted.

Ideally, I would like to find a shop to machine a set out of bronze for me. That way if they got scratched I could just sand out the scratch.

At some point I will try re-spraying the scratched area, if not, I can peel the coating off and respray the whole ring.
Ford Bronco Has anyone had their wheels painted/dipped? Bronco

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had the SAS wheels powder coated white for my wife's heritage project. Finish seems to be just as good a factory. $800 for all 5.

Damn. You have to look carefully to even tell those are the same rim.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Either powder coat them (probably gonna run you a few hundred) or get on Facebook market and look for black diamond upgrade aluminum wheels for a few hundred bucks - I see them listed every now and then. Of course you could then sell your badlands wheels for the same amount and pay essentially nothing.

meh

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used Hyperdip on my Tesla Model Y hubcaps and was honestly amazed at how they came out and held up - perfect over three years.

I would say if you plan on off-roading at all - then dip isn't for you, as any real scratch will mess it up. If you plan on keeping it on the road then I'd say go for it.
Sponsored