Sponsored

Anyone Have Experience with the Milwaukee M18 Inflator 2848-20?

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was a big sale for them late last year and a bunch of us, myself included, got in on it for two batteries and compressor. Works great. Like others said, depends on how many cycles you intend if you need more battery capacity.
I got in on this too. I can give you specifics for my case:
  • Rig: Badlands Squatch with factory 35" Goodyears.
  • Air up time - from taking compressor out of the bag to putting it back in: 20 mins
  • Battery used per airup: 50% (came with 2 batteries, so 4 air ups with no charge)
  • Pressure: 18lbs (aired down) to 36lbs (street)
I don't mind the 20 minutes as my ancient battery clip compressor took twice as long, and started to smell like burning bread the last few times I used it.

I like this setup as it's not too slow. I charge up the battery when I get home and throw it all back in the bag. Then just throw it in the Bronco with all the other offroading stuff. Not a fan of the 4 hose quadropus setup. This thing is so convenient, I've taken to using it to air up the wife's tires as it's less work than getting the compressor hose all the way to the other side of the garage. The auto shutoff is nice to have too.

For $200, plus $20 for the bag, I think it was a great deal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have one. Keep in mind that the output isn't close to an ARB. It will take a good amount of time to take a 35 or larger from 15-20 psi to road pressure...
Thanks! I've also been looking at the ARB. Do you happen to know if they make a portable/battery operated version that doesn't require hardwiring into the Bronco or that requires that your run power from the underhood battery terminals? I'm looking for an option that is not necessarily dependent on having a car battery available.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got in on this too. I can give you specifics for my case:
  • Rig: Badlands Squatch with factory 35" Goodyears.
  • Air up time - from taking compressor out of the bag to putting it back in: 20 mins
  • Battery used per airup: 50% (came with 2 batteries, so 4 air ups with no charge)
  • Pressure: 18lbs (aired down) to 36lbs (street)
I don't mind the 20 minutes as my ancient battery clip compressor took twice as long, and started to smell like burning bread the last few times I used it.

I like this setup as it's not too slow. I charge up the battery when I get home and throw it all back in the bag. Then just throw it in the Bronco with all the other offroading stuff. Not a fan of the 4 hose quadropus setup. This thing is so convenient, I've taken to using it to air up the wife's tires as it's less work than getting the compressor hose all the way to the other side of the garage. The auto shutoff is nice to have too.

For $200, plus $20 for the bag, I think it was a great deal.
Thanks! Given that I will not be airing up that frequently, I am also leaning in this direction. Portability for other home and garage uses is also a plus.

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you're considering this for trail use at all, please take multiple batteries, or a charger along with you (or whatever the biggest battery it'll take is). On mine, with a 4 amp/hr battery I'm not quite able to fill four 35" tires from 15psi to 39psi, and have to pop in another battery to finish up.

I tend to use the milwaukee at home (when I go out near home, I often don't bother to fill the tires until the next day). Being able to set the target psi on it and have it cut off is great :) ... set it, walk away.. come back later and do the next tire.. don't really worry much about how long it's taking.

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh.. and I should add.. if you have an actual flat you could drain the battery just trying to plug the tire (if, like me, you have to get enough air into the tire to try and figure out where the hole is, then have to fight with the stupid plugs to get them into the tire because the damn thing is so flat and the stock tires are so flexy that you have to get some pressure back in the tire to actually get the plug to go in properly .. oh.. and you keep having to ream out the damn tire because the screw hole isn't quite big enough for the plug, but you keep hitting steel threads when trying to widen the hole and the cheap ass handle on the reaming tool thing bends to the point of breaking and you have to use pliers to try and ream it that way, and then you finally say screw it and sacrifice a favorite pocket knife to the steel belt gods .... I'm not bitter.)

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The unit uses Milwaukie's M18 battery, the same battery that's used on their power tools, portable vaccum, etc.
Yes...M18... but there are multiple different amp hour sizes..... I air up my 40" tires from 12psi to 36 psi and have extra battery left over using a 5 amp hour battery.... The 2 amp hour battery would not do it. They also have 9 amp and now a 12 amp hour battery....

So yes...M18 but what battery are you using?

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes...M18... but there are multiple different amp hour sizes..... I air up my 40" tires from 12psi to 36 psi and have extra battery left over using a 5 amp hour battery.... The 2 amp hour battery would not do it. They also have 9 amp and now a 12 amp hour battery....

So yes...M18 but what battery are you using?
I have multiple 5 amp M18s. Thanks!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have one and I love it! Do yourself a favor tho, and get 2 of the 12.0 batteries. 8.0 or 9.0 are good for about 1.5 air ups. 12 will do 2 full air ups on my 40s from single digits to 37psi. Always start w/a full battery charge!
Interesting... I get a full fill from 12 to 36 off one 5 amp... 4 times now. I carry 3 ea. 5 amps with me.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting... I get a full fill from 12 to 36 off one 5 amp... 4 times now. I carry 3 ea. 5 amps with me.
That's about right. I don't have any 5.0s, but 9.0 will ALMOST do 2 air ups...it starts running out on the last tire usually. 12.0 will do 2 air ups comfortably (by air up, I mean all 4)

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a M18 as well that I take out. I have the big 12's so two of those and done. I also use it as home.
Sponsored