Sponsored

Anyone here direct me to a solution for an unresponsive dealer?

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 84 SVO, 66 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a problem with the selling dealer that is not getting resolved. The CRC is of no help either. Anyone here with Ford that may be able to help?
Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
General Mgr/Owner of the Dealership are your best bets in getting something resolved if there is an issue with a purchase as they are an independent business.

Google/Yelp reviews tend to get the attention of management/owners of dealerships when phone calls/texts/emails/letters are ignored. But, nothing beats an in person visit to the showroom.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the issue?

OP
OP
Msell71

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
General Mgr/Owner of the Dealership are your best bets in getting something resolved if there is an issue with a purchase as they are an independent business.

Google/Yelp reviews tend to get the attention of management/owners of dealerships when phone calls/texts/emails/letters are ignored. But, nothing beats an in person visit to the showroom.
Have talked to everyone at dealer with no results. Contacted CS at Ford this morning. The phone support was useless. Chat was only slightly better. I’m in Iowa and the selling dealer is in Georgia.

OP
OP
Msell71

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is the issue?
The cover caps and mounts used when removing the roof rack are missing. Iowa hasn’t received the sale paperwork and title so they can issue tags. Bought it May 26. The temp tag expired last week.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:unsure: You bought new? What paperwork are you missing to keep you from getting tags? I assume if it was financed that all went through already? Not as concerned about cap as I am why you didn't walk out of there with everything you needed to get tags.

If new, the caps and brackets are usually in the glove box but it's possible the factory messed up but the dealer should've caught it and filed a misbuilt claim. If this is used, that might explain some of the paperwork mess or missing parts.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do cops in Georgia actually look at the dates on temp tags? WOW! Here in Texas there is a huge problem with fake printed temp tags or illegally purchased ones. Some are pretty obvious and I have yet to see one pulled over. As a driver, you typically learn to give them plenty of room because odds are they also are uninsured.
To work on your two problems-
-Can dealer fed-ex you another temp tag? Not sure how that works in Georgia, but sometimes DMV here gets backlogged and its not unheard of for a dealer to print another temp tag while paperwork is being processed. Obviously getting the paperwork to Iowa is preferred, but maybe this as a stopgap? If the vehicle was financed, the lender likely has documentation that can help you get tags as they aren't handing over money until they have a paper trail that secures their lien.
-Cover caps may take some good old fashioned in-person grease if the dealer is not being responsive. I would not expect to see Ford get directly involved with that. Did you purchase knowing they were missing and dealer was supposed to remedy? Did they give you anything in writing? Or was the Bronco purchased and freighted to you so now there is a question of whether transport lost or was never there?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yikes. I wonder if dealer is nefarious. In my town, a Nissan dealer was holding back paperwork. Maybe holding onto sale taxes...state's atty or whatever you call them there would be option 1 if GM/Owner don't respond immediately.

OP
OP
Msell71

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do cops in Georgia actually look at the dates on temp tags? WOW! Here in Texas there is a huge problem with fake printed temp tags or illegally purchased ones. Some are pretty obvious and I have yet to see one pulled over. As a driver, you typically learn to give them plenty of room because odds are they also are uninsured.
To work on your two problems-
-Can dealer fed-ex you another temp tag? Not sure how that works in Georgia, but sometimes DMV here gets backlogged and its not unheard of for a dealer to print another temp tag while paperwork is being processed. Obviously getting the paperwork to Iowa is preferred, but maybe this as a stopgap? If the vehicle was financed, the lender likely has documentation that can help you get tags as they aren't handing over money until they have a paper trail that secures their lien.
-Cover caps may take some good old fashioned in-person grease if the dealer is not being responsive. I would not expect to see Ford get directly involved with that. Did you purchase knowing they were missing and dealer was supposed to remedy? Did they give you anything in writing? Or was the Bronco purchased and freighted to you so now there is a question of whether transport lost or was never there?
Picked the Bronco up on a long trip from Iowa to Florida. Didn’t know to look for the caps until I was home and reading posts on this forum. The title and paperwork was expected to be sent to Iowa dmv after purchase. After multiple calls to different people at dealer I found that nothing had been sent as of 7/1. They again say they will send. As of this morning, still nothing. Iowa has no record of the VIN. First time in over 40 years of new car purchases that I’ve run into this problem.
Sponsored