Sponsored

Anyone making a Bronco-specific door lift device yet???

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am eagerly awaiting warmer weather and removing my doors again, but fear scratching them on the reinstall (no issues last year but a few close calls).

Does anyone know of any sort of door lift (removal/reinstall) aid device being made? (something like this but obviously for the Bronco: https://www.amazon.com/RollnJack-Removal-Safest-Efficient-Storage/dp/B0BV1RZFHC?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I've asked before but didn't have much luck.

Have contacted Top Lift Pros, RollNJack, etc., but also no luck (even tried Mabbett).

Would prefer something specific for the Bronco instead of an untested device (https://www.amazon.com/HECASA-Installer-Bumper-Handler-Remover/dp/B0CS33ZF1M?ref_=ast_sto_dp)
Sponsored

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't remember the OP that posted this but I use a transmission jack from Harbor freight. I have SAS and the door sits perfect inside the bag resting on the jack. The jack is at its highest point. I used it to remove and reinstall the doors with no issues. The only issue I had is that the wheels on the jack don't have locks so there is movement. I plan to replace the wheels with a set that lock.

https://www.harborfreight.com/450-lb-low-lift-transmission-jack-61232.html

OP
OP

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't remember the OP that posted this but I use a transmission jack from Harbor freight. I have SAS and the door sits perfect inside the bag resting on the jack. The jack is at its highest point. I used it to remove and reinstall the doors with no issues. The only issue I had is that the wheels on the jack don't have locks so there is movement. I plan to replace the wheels with a set that lock.

https://www.harborfreight.com/450-lb-low-lift-transmission-jack-61232.html
Thanks. Do you use anything to cushion the door as it sits on the jack (other than the door bags)? And how to you balance the door and crank the jack at the same time?

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. Do you use anything to cushion the door as it sits on the jack (other than the door bags)? And how to you balance the door and crank the jack at the same time?
Yes I duck taped a garden knee pad to the top. First you open the door as far as it will go and put the bag on the door. Slide the jack under and raise it until the door is resting on it. Then remove the hinges and lift off the door. My wife helped keep the jack from moving. My prep for removal was to install molding on the door side and the body side. I also put painters tape on the edges. For me the jack was at its highest point under the door it fit perfectly. I stored it that way for the 2 months the doors were off. In hind sight I should have done the install on the grass then the jack wheels would not have been a pain.

Door molding link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DGBH88M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

IMG_1880.jpeg

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also - Use the little plastic spacers included in the tool bag. The door edges are very susceptible to damage.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moving slowly and deliberately when removing/installing my doors hasn't failed me yet. However, I can see where a door jack would be handy.

The Jeep specific one posted by OP looks like it could be modified fairly easily to accommodate the Bronco doors. Probably would just need to shorten the top post and then modify the upper clamp so it is the width of the Bronco doors (it already looks like it would rotate downward to secure).

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Expensive but looks like it could work.
To be fair that's the equivalent of the $124 Harbor Freight trans jack with some uprights covered in pool noodles.
Sure, the design is a bit different but the overall gist is the same. A scissoring jack and a platform.
I can modify a ton of stuff for less than the $600+ difference in price and use the HF trans jack.
A lot of it depends on your ability and tools to modify or have a welding shop modify it (for a lot less than $600).
Issue is nothing currently out there specifically designed, and the jeepdoorlifts folks have the closest thing to a customer-ready item designed for it.
There will be plusses and minuses in any route you take.
It just depends on what you are willing to pay for and what you want it to do.