Sponsored

Anyone mount the DV8 license plate bracket to a Metal Capable bumper?

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like that it's made of steel. I like that is slightly angled Back. I don't mind the fact that I'll have to drill 2 holes in the Bumper to mount it. Just wondering if anyone else has already done this. I'm pondering Pros n Cons of the Steel bracket versus a Aluminum versions. Thoughts??? Thanks!!
Sponsored

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed the RERPRO Front License Plate Frame that is Aluminum. You remove two of the existing Torque bolts and then install this in that location then reinstall the screws. Am very pleased with it. Its rock solid.

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like that it's made of steel. I like that is slightly angled Back. I don't mind the fact that I'll have to drill 2 holes in the Bumper to mount it. Just wondering if anyone else has already done this. I'm pondering Pros n Cons of the Steel bracket versus a Aluminum versions. Thoughts??? Thanks!!
Did you end up going with this? I am interested in the same. I have no qualms about drilling the capable bumper for a solid install.

I had another style the pinches onto the inner lip that fell off about 4 months in, it was after I went through a deep puddle that could have loosened it but I never liked that it only pinched the lip and never really engaged. Luckily I was able to go back and find my plate, but my confidence is shaken in the product and I'm looking for something better.

OP
OP
WildTrak23

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone mount the DV8 license plate bracket to a Metal Capable bumper? IMG_2416