First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the thing we need. Big item storage for those of us with soft tops. If you're making a new tire mount, can you find a different way to mount the rear view camera so that it doesn't collect water on the lens like the factory one does.
This would be amazing! Living in CO and driving in the snow cakes that camera. Some sort of a film on the lens that just kept it free of debris/water/dirt/snow would also help make me happy about that situation
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This would be amazing! Living in CO and driving in the snow cakes that camera. Some sort of a film on the lens that just kept it free of debris/water/dirt/snow would also help make me happy about that situation
When it gets deep it's not gonna matter how good that film is. Also just used two cam shackle straps to attach the boards this weekend, but would love something a little easier to install the boards + lockable.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First let me say, "Thank you" for working to market items for the Bronco.

133 lbs seems to be the limit the stock tailgate is rated to carry. Many of us are very close to the limit with 35 inch tires from the aftermarket.

If the weak point is the plastic tire mount I would be in for a stronger mount. If the hinges are the weak point, I won't put anything else on my tailgate except perhaps a antenna mount if it is light weight.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Curtis, I think you are going to have to build a new bumper with the tire hanger on it...then build out this plate w/ options!

I think weight will be the limiting factor on the tailgate and to do anything else with it you have to get the tire relocated.

Plus, I can't wait to see the bumper you design! ; )

Sponsored

HellstromX

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Grand Sport Corvette Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In, please SEND IT!

Truly amazing stuff you are doing!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Curtis, I think you are going to have to build a new bumper with the tire hanger on it...then build out this plate w/ options!

I think weight will be the limiting factor on the tailgate and to do anything else with it you have to get the tire relocated.

Plus, I can't wait to see the bumper you design! ; )
Honestly, I'm thinking we'll need to do both. The full bumper and swing out spare solution for those hardcore adventure types and the modular version for the weekend fire trail, light overland, and daily driver types. That's really going to be the best solution for everyone. It's just up to you, which camp you fall in.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Will your saddlebags hold my BALLS securely, no matter the temperature?
Excellent idea. I'll bang some 1/4-20 threaded locations on the structure for you content creators.

Sponsored

6and7eighths

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The full bumper and swing out spare solution for those hardcore adventure types and the modular version for the weekend fire trail, light overland, and daily driver types.
If I could suggest a possible configuration, I've always been partial to the bumper-mounted tire carrier that ties in to the tailgate at the original factory mounting point - this would allow a single bumper solution for either configuration, with a plug or alternative accessory at the pivot point when the tire carrier is omitted.

166800-add1.jpg

166800.jpg

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Big Rig

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A swing away tire mount would be nice so you can get clean without removing the spare tire.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I installed a third brake light ring that I had to drill into the factory mount. I thought it was plastic as well until I had to drill the screws in. It IS metal, and it isn't as soft as you'd think. With that said, as always great job and good fortune selling this!
Sponsored