Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M2; 2015 Accord -goes when Bronco arrives
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco ARB Summit bumper installed 5/20/2024. 20240520_195841

Ford Bronco ARB Summit bumper installed 5/20/2024. 20240520_195828

Ford Bronco ARB Summit bumper installed 5/20/2024. 20240520_195834

First off, Bronco6G was great for the decisions needed and made for this armor upgrade. Thank all the contributors on this forum that make informed upgrading easier.

I didn't perform the install, it exceeded my garage skills.

Winch - ComeUp seal slim 9.5
Suspension - 6112 Bilstein kit installed about 45 days ago for this Bumper install.

From info found on this forum, the shocks were set to clip 1 on the back and clip 6 on the front. This created 3/4" "pre-runner style" rake with the RC hidden winch w/factory capable bumper.

Measurements before final install measured from ground to bottom of the fender flares.

With Hidden winch
Front 40.2"
Rear 39.75"

Back to factory capable bumper and front skid
Front 40.75"
Rear 39.75"

After ARB installed
Front 39.75"
Rear 39.75"

Stoked to be level!

2Door weight with approximately 2/3 tank of gas indicated 5650 pounds. (Me in the seat 210lbs) - street driving load out. (No recovery gear).

Items that substantially add to weight.
Me :)
Frame mounted rock sliders
Steel transmission skid
Bilstein 6112's?
This new ARB

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy to try and answer.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what was the stock height before the Bilstein install?

OP
OP
Michael541

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did it effect your adaptive cruise control and front mounted camera
I don't have adaptive cruise and I don't believe there is an ARB Summit bumper solution to account for it. Front camera is relocated and the very top of the flip up license plate holder is visible at bottom of the screen. 6-12" of viewing something last approaching is lost would be my guess?

OP
OP
Michael541

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what was the stock height before the Bilstein install?
Yellow factory Bilsteins - If I remember correctly, rear was 39.5" and front was like 38.75 or 39.0".

Had a RC hidden winch installed and back was same, front went to 38.5" or a tenth or 2 lower.

This setup with Bilstein 6112's set for the future moved the back to 39.75" and the front on clip 6(max) was 40.5".

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have adaptive cruise and I don't believe there is an ARB Summit bumper solution to account for it. Front camera is relocated and the very top of the flip up license plate holder is visible at bottom of the screen. 6-12" of viewing something last approaching is lost would be my guess?
The summit bumper has a provision for the adaptive CC.

Did you start with a Sasquatch or regular Badlands?

OP
OP
Michael541

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The summit bumper has a provision for the adaptive CC.

Did you start with a Sasquatch or regular Badlands?
Cool, it wasn't included with my ARB bumper kit, is it a separate purchase? More curious at this point.

Yes, 23 Badlands SAS.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 f-250 Tremor 6.7L HO, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cool, it wasn't included with my ARB bumper kit, is it a separate purchase? More curious at this point.

Yes, 23 Badlands SAS.
The ARB kit comes with everything to relocate the ACC. I did it on my install. You also relocate the camera so it has a clear view.

PXL_20230908_222323263.jpg

OP
OP
Michael541

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ARB kit comes with everything to relocate the ACC. I did it on my install. You also relocate the camera so it has a clear view.

Ford Bronco ARB Summit bumper installed 5/20/2024. PXL_20230908_222323263
Yep, my camera is relocated. The ACC relocate portion of the kit didn't make itself noticeable, but it came up in discussion during installation. Plus, it isn't relevant for me so it was a brief topic during my install.

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Supercrew Platinum 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

First off, Bronco6G was great for the decisions needed and made for this armor upgrade. Thank all the contributors on this forum that make informed upgrading easier.

I didn't perform the install, it exceeded my garage skills.

Winch - ComeUp seal slim 9.5
Suspension - 6112 Bilstein kit installed about 45 days ago for this Bumper install.

From info found on this forum, the shocks were set to clip 1 on the back and clip 6 on the front. This created 3/4" "pre-runner style" rake with the RC hidden winch w/factory capable bumper.

Measurements before final install measured from ground to bottom of the fender flares.

With Hidden winch
Front 40.2"
Rear 39.75"

Back to factory capable bumper and front skid
Front 40.75"
Rear 39.75"

After ARB installed
Front 39.75"
Rear 39.75"

Stoked to be level!

2Door weight with approximately 2/3 tank of gas indicated 5650 pounds. (Me in the seat 210lbs) - street driving load out. (No recovery gear).

Items that substantially add to weight.
Me :)
Frame mounted rock sliders
Steel transmission skid
Bilstein 6112's?
This new ARB

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy to try and answer.
Looks great! I have a 4 door ā€˜23 Badlands Sasquatch-2.7 high pkg. Purchased the Summit bumper and Warn Zeon 10S. Still sitting in my garage waiting for time and dry weather to do install. Currently have stock Sasquatch suspension, tires and wheels. Want to keep wheels and will upgrade to a different brand, but same size tire when the Territories wear out. Been debating about suspension to compensate for bumper/winch weight. Thinking Eibachs or 6112ā€™s. Donā€™t want to break the bank and not looking to add 37s. Do you think suspension should be upgraded prior to install? Any issues with running stock suspension temporarily? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks! Again, yours looks sharp!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Michael541

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! I have a 4 door ā€˜23 Badlands Sasquatch-2.7 high pkg. Purchased the Summit bumper and Warn Zeon 10S. Still sitting in my garage waiting for time and dry weather to do install. Currently have stock Sasquatch suspension, tires and wheels. Want to keep wheels and will upgrade to a different brand, but same size tire when the Territories wear out. Been debating about suspension to compensate for bumper/winch weight. Thinking Eibachs or 6112ā€™s. Donā€™t want to break the bank and not looking to add 37s. Do you think suspension should be upgraded prior to install? Any issues with running stock suspension temporarily? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks! Again, yours looks sharp!
Thanks! Long term, yes Suspension upgrade for sure. You're looking at 230-260lbs for the ARB with winch installed. This minus the 50-80lbs for just a stock capable or modular bumper for your net increase. The stock yellow Bilsteins are really only fine if you're never going to carry anything around in it.

I had a stop gap hidden winch, so I did the Suspension first, then only had 2 days of just factory weight for the ARB install. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Eibachs (non-reservoir) or the 6112s. As long as the shocks you choose are adjustable to keep the back as stock height as possible but fronts able to add preload to account for the added weight up front. Rest is down to timing and how much pre-runner style you can stomach until the ARB bumper is hung. Driving with about an inch of pre-runner rake for 45days was fine for me. No adverse handling on/offroad.

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Long term, yes Suspension upgrade for sure. You're looking at 230-260lbs for the ARB with winch installed. This minus the 50-80lbs for just a stock capable or modular bumper for your net increase. The stock yellow Bilsteins are really only fine if you're never going to carry anything around in it.

I had a stop gap hidden winch, so I did the Suspension first, then only had 2 days of just factory weight for the ARB install. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Eibachs (non-reservoir) or the 6112s. As long as the shocks you choose are adjustable to keep the back as stock height as possible but fronts able to add preload to account for the added weight up front. Rest is down to timing and how much pre-runner style you can stomach until the ARB bumper is hung. Driving with about an inch of pre-runner rake for 45days was fine for me. No adverse handling on/offroad.
Thanks for the feedback on the suspension. Guess Iā€™ll be ponying up some more bucks šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø. This site has been most helpful. Iā€™ve lifted just about every truck Iā€™ve ever had and installed winches on a few. How was your winch wired? Always wired the winches directly to the battery in the past. That was before upfitter switches (relay/switch) and knowing about the possibility of contacts melting down when lining in (Fix-battery isolator).

OP
OP
Michael541

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback on the suspension. Guess Iā€™ll be ponying up some more bucks šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø. This site has been most helpful. Iā€™ve lifted just about every truck Iā€™ve ever had and installed winches on a few. How was your winch wired? Always wired the winches directly to the battery in the past. That was before upfitter switches (relay/switch) and knowing about the possibility of contacts melting down when lining in (Fix-battery isolator).
Yes, this forum is great for brain picking!

Direct to the battery, new ComeUp seal slim 9.5. Most modern winches have built in thermal cuts for that contactor issue right? I have heard the same about melt downs, but I think modern issues are also more these days with cable (+) routing and chafing/shorting meltdowns?

Searchdawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, this forum is great for brain picking!

Direct to the battery, new ComeUp seal slim 9.5. Most modern winches have built in thermal cuts for that contactor issue right? I have heard the same about melt downs, but I think modern issues are also more these days with cable (+) routing and chafing/shorting meltdowns?
Good to know about the newer technology. I havenā€™t installed a winch since the 80ā€™s so Iā€™m a little out of the loop on improvements. Thanks!
Sponsored